Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

I think the setlist is awful, and I explain why in detail here.

LAS22

Featured Posts

Pop

Gaga and Haus Of Gaga have been creating the tours since The Fame Monster. She is obviously not doing everything by herself, that is a myth created by the fans.

The Haus today is nothing like what it was before.

Also, the true myth is that the Haus is behind everything. Gaga used to collaborate with creatives outside of the Haus to create the best show on the planet. Now the Haus is like a high school clique doing their own thing.

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I find some of it a little disappointing too, not to the extent where I'd sell my ticket, I think that's ridiculous but yeah.

I'm mainly shocked/confused/disappointed that she left out teog (I'm super sad judas isn't included but I didn't think it would be, same with mtn). And swine after applause is just really strange. And yeah btw being performed acoustically is also annoying cause it's a fun upbeat song.

But yeah, I feel she really needs to cut out cllg and either swap it with one of her old songs (teog is the best option) or unshorten some other songs, mjh being shortened is really disappointing! Especially seeing as we've never heard it live before.

blahblahblahhhh

Why  does the order of songs matter though?

You're gonna hear them either way, that's pretty much enough.

The only thing I agree with is that she shouldn't have shortened some AP songs.

As for some on the BTW songs not being performed - that's perfectly normal.

Maybe because the popularity of the BTW singles in comparison to her other singles is "deplorable" too.

I know half of dates in North America were canceled but she had to create a WORLDWIDE tour for ARTPOP. I feel sorry for people who were not able to see her performing those songs live but this is a new tour for a new album.

I am well aware of all of that. However, The Edge of Glory was popular in America. So was You and I. I did not expect her to create a special version of the show for the dates that were cancelled. However, I expected her to incorporate SOME (ie more than 1 out of 17) songs from Born This Way on the ENTIRE tour. She made room for The Fame and The Fame Monster and swept Born This Way under the rug. I'd like to see her explain the reasoning behind the decision because too many elements just do not add up.

L E O

:worship:

Anyway, I'm surprised that she didn't sing Scheisse and Judas. I think these two songs are very rave friendly.

I love MTN and TEOG but dont really know if they would fit in to rave syndrom.

That's the only two I was expecting from BTW tbh. But I'm more than happy with the setlist!

Why  does the order of songs matter though?

You're gonna hear them either way, that's pretty much enough.

The only thing I agree with is that she shouldn't have shortened some AP songs.

As for some on the BTW songs not being performed - that's perfectly normal.

The order doesn't really matter, I just found it extremely bizarre that Applause was played right before Swine which ended up being the last song (except Gypsy but that worked as an encore). And you are right, it is perfectly normal for "some" BTW songs not being performed. However, not performing 16 out of 17 when you had five singles, some of which were successful, is inexcusable. Especially given the cancelled dates.

Miel

I actually loathe the setlist, but at the same time the show still looks pretty amazing. While I'll always bebitter about the shortening of the songs and the lack of BTW, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the show :)

I've gotta admit, though, the MJH performance is incredibly bad. I'm sure it'll progress over time, but the chair choreography aspect was just so... unfitting. And not in a good 'unfitting the Gaga way' kind of way. I do like the weird crap she did with wearing the chairs, though.

3 points in and ready for more

NewYorkCity

I was disappointed for not having TEOG when the setlist leaked.

After watching videos... the setlist is perfect. It fits the rave theme. No song on born this way would fit there. She sings BTW because she HAS TO (just like the others which, by the way, are shortened except for paparazzi and bad romance, one is great to take a breath and the other is her biggest hit ever). And she does it on piano because it is a great way to make it fit in, and using the piano without making everyone depressed just like it would hapen with dope. 

move on.

You don't need to call her representation of Born This Way pathetic :later:

Anyway, she's not going to change the whole tour for a few dates because she cancelled her last tour on those specific dates... If you do think she'd change the whole setlist which would change the tour, and more work for the dancers and such, it's pretty delusional. The cancelling of BTWB does not in any way motivate the fact that you think she should change her setlist.

You have obviously misunderstood me. I did not expect her to change the tour due to the cancelled dates. However, I thought she'd have enough common sense and compassion to realize that she should incorporate more than one song from that album on this tour, especially given that many, many dates were cancelled. I am not an unreasonable or delusional fan. I rarely complain and am grateful for everything she has done. Having said that, I feel like this set list was less than ideal and as a fan I was extremely disappointed in her choices. That's all.

blahblahblahhhh

The order doesn't really matter, I just found it extremely bizarre that Applause was played right before Swine which ended up being the last song (except Gypsy but that worked as an encore). And you are right, it is perfectly normal for "some" BTW songs not being performed. However, not performing 16 out of 17 when you had five singles, some of which were successful, is inexcusable. Especially given the cancelled dates.

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing Applause before Swine, I'd still hear both of them, that's enough for me :shrug:

I take your point, but I guess she just left BTW behind her and focused more on AP. I totally get your frustration, I would be bummed as well if I missed the BTWB, but it's just not possible for her to cram all the songs in one concert. Unless she wanted to extend it for another half an hour, which for some reason, she obviously doesn't.

I actually loathe the setlist, but at the same time the show still looks pretty amazing. While I'll always bebitter about the shortening of the songs and the lack of BTW, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the show :)

I've gotta admit, though, the MJH performance is incredibly bad. I'm sure it'll progress over time, but the chair choreography aspect was just so... unfitting. And not in a good 'unfitting the Gaga way' kind of way. I do like the weird crap she did with wearing the chairs, though.

That performance is extremely bad, and it comes from someone who loves the tour so far. 

It's just ridiculous and shabby, I don't get it and it doesn't look neither interesting nor entertaining, it's just bizarre.

I was disappointed for not having TEOG when the setlist leaked.

After watching videos... the setlist is perfect. It fits the rave theme. No song on born this way would fit there. She sings BTW because she HAS TO (just like the others which, by the way, are all shortened). And she does it on piano because it is a great way to make it fit in, and using the piano without making everyone depressed just like it would hapen with dope. 

I agree with you that Dope would kill the "rave" mood that she was going for. As much as I wanted to hear it, I understood this decision. However, I completely disagree that no Born This Way songs fit the theme. Several songs could have and would have worked. The Edge of Glory would have been fine, especially paired with Gypsy. You and I could have been played on the piano along with Born This Way. Not to mention that if she decided to incorporate some non-singles, I think Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, and even Government Hooker would have fit right in. Plus, Marry The Night's outro would have been great. 

Emvee

I love BTW, but I'm going to the artRave to hear ARTPOP, not BTW.

NOTHING about the set list surprises or upsets me, because I'm mature and don't expect everything to be perfect.

Born This Way's flop singles do not fit in the set list. The end.

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing Applause before Swine, I'd still hear both of them, that's enough for me :shrug:

I take your point, but I guess she just left BTW behind her and focused more on AP. I totally get your frustration, I would be bummed as well if I missed the BTWB, but it's just not possible for her to cram all the songs in one concert. Unless she wanted to extend it for another half an hour, which for some reason, she obviously doesn't.

Thank you for understanding. I really did enjoy the show, I was just disappointed in her decision to focus more on all of the other albums. I do wish she could have extended the show a bit though as it seemed to go by much faster than The Monster Ball did, and I think a few Born This Way songs would have rounded it out perfectly.

lastlinefirst

I'm not even gonna bother to read bc I'm SO over everyone complaining. You think it's awful, good for you. Now stop trying to bring everyone down.

I love BTW, but I'm going to the artRave to hear ARTPOP, not BTW.

NOTHING about the set list surprises or upsets me, because I'm mature and don't expect everything to be perfect.

Born This Way's flop singles do not fit in the set list. The end.

I went to artRAVE to hear ARTPOP as well. Don't spin this to make it seem as if I only wanted to hear Born This Way. And I am by no means immature if that is what you are implying and I do not expect perfection from her in anything. However, I think you dismissing Born This Way's singles as "flops" is by no means mature. Practice what you preach.

Archived