Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Is Gaga finally going to play with arrangements?

Willy Wonka

Featured Posts

Kermit the frog

It's about GODDAMN TIME that she changes the arrangements :wtf: If I hear another accoustic or studio version performance of Poker face Im going to be rly angry :(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername

why should she? its not like they have better quality and she has to keep one arm from the whole choreos

they definitely have better quality. And she can still do the choreo, look at Beyoncé :)

why should she? its not like they have better quality and she has to keep one arm from the whole choreos

They ARE better quality. That's why so many people prefer her to use a hand held mic. 

Harry

I ever understood why pop fans always want artists to change up arrangements. Rock bands/rappers/male artists in general never do it so why should singers like Gaga? For me, I bought tickets to Gaga's tour because I like her songs and I want to be able to sing and dance to them as I know them. Sometimes alternative arrangements can be kinda awkward and I'm not really here for that. Even though the ones posted in this thread are good - Paparazzi at SNL and especially the BRITs thing, that kinds thing is not why I forked out for a ticket. If she does, I hope she does it for older songs only. Like, I don't wanna hear that mess of a Bad Romance country version from SXSW ever again.

Kitana

i still dont think youd ever hear the diffrences in a huge all with so many other noises. i prefer it when they sing with a headpiece mic and since she tends to eat the hand mics sometimes the sound wont be perfectly clear all the time either

You will learn respect!

bionic

She needs it. Madonna and Kylie do it all the time and even though songs are staples of the show, they are fresh and different every tour.

buy bionic

Sugarfall

I really want it Madonna and Britney for an example always re-mix the songs to fit the theme for their tours (Circus sound in almost all songs on Circus tour etc.)

I think we're all looking at you, Britney and your awkward Femme Fatale tour...

NOOO :nooo: i feel like the only one who liked the egyptian version of Gimme More and the japanese Toxic remix :deadbanana:

I think Poker Face should be remixed as a whole for this tour because you can easily tell that its one of the songs she gets bored with the most while performing. 

I'd be hear for like a remixed re-worked bridge for Born This Way and maybe a few remixes added onto the end of songs.

cdparky

Why change up songs that are ideal the way they are? I'd far rather hear something true to the original than a crap remix that should be buried on iTunes somewhere and never listened to. Make an exception for playing them on the piano simply because I think Gaga sounds utterly amazing with just a piano to hand, and that retains the essence of the song (and was probably how it started life in the first place).

Worst example being Madonna on S&S, on paper a decent hits loaded set-list but a show that utterly tanked with none of them sounding even half as good as the original classics. Britney has been prone to that as well, who really wants to hear jazz versions of Baby One More time or Oops over the originals? I'd struggle to name a single "re-work" that has remotely improved on the original, perhaps 'Let It Will Be' on the Confessions Tour (and Crazy Tonight on the last U2 tour).

Dr Rogoe

Why change up songs that are ideal the way they are? I'd far rather hear something true to the original than a crap remix that should be buried on iTunes somewhere and never listened to. Make an exception for playing them on the piano simply because I think Gaga sounds utterly amazing with just a piano to hand, and that retains the essence of the song (and was probably how it started life in the first place).

Worst example being Madonna on S&S, on paper a decent hits loaded set-list but a show that utterly tanked with none of them sounding even half as good as the original classics. Britney has been prone to that as well, who really wants to hear jazz versions of Baby One More time or Oops over the originals? I'd struggle to name a single "re-work" that has remotely improved on the original, perhaps 'Let It Will Be' on the Confessions Tour (and Crazy Tonight on the last U2 tour).

I Agree with you. But I think you missed the OP's point

Archived