Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Drowning, Not Waving: The Bitter End of Lady Gaga's Career

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

LadyCaligula

a lot of it was true. and it's scary. hopefully gaga gets her head out of her ass and starts to sit down and think about the next album and take time to make good music and not just make confusing metaphors and then call them songs and expect everyone to just understand and like it. cause even her fans are split with ARTPOP.

She needs to drop the whole art thing and just make pure pop like the fame. and TFM. (even tho the art stuff started coming wight hat album) it was good. and it was catchy and it was just perfect. ARTPOP is a mess. 

Gaga needs to stop being so pretentious cause it makes her fans that way too. and that she is the "queen of pop" and bs like that. she isn't the queen as far as i'm concerned. she lost that throne after BTW. Katy Perry is the new queen cause everyone loves her. her music is easy to understand and simple and extremely catchy. Yeah her songs aren't deep and meaningful like Gaga's but gaga's songs don't make sense a lot of the time and no one knows what they're about. They're confusing. Plus it's hard to understand what she's saying sometimes which also turns people off.

Idk just my thoughts.

Pure and simple she seems to be trying too hard and yet still doing...not so much. Shes being pretentious (I guess) and trying to make art out of really nothing when her old performances and looks during TFM etc seemed more artistic...to me anyway. I've yet to see anything artistic with ARTPOP except a reference to a statue maker, a statue from said statue maker (not sure whether to call him a sculptor bc I dont think he works in stone?) and some BS contrived revverse warhol **** thats yet to be seen...unless you think Minecraft is the new soup can.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
White Shadows

Because that exact sentiment.

It's not all Gaga hate. To paint it like that is so simplistic.

If nothing else, I try to play devils advocate. I try and bring up different points.

I don't need to prove how much I love Gaga. I'm comfortable enough to be able to criticize without compromising my love of her.

When I see people demonizing those who criticize, I go in.

I am NOT one of those fans who constantly praises her every move. I have many constructive things to say as well. But you're no diplomat for feeding into the criticism.

You can't deny than tons of the article and the reactions in this thread are very overdone.

Unfortunately you're going in when people like me are demonising this "critic" as nothing more than a hater which given the drivel written in it is a fair observation. Billboard articles criticise Gaga from time to time but I don't condemn it because it's constructively written not like this garbage posted in here.
This.

Willy Wonka

people change, you're not gonna be the same in 6 or 7 years, is normal & healthy change & evolve, and you all have to deal with it, like it or not, if you dont like it there are out there a lot of female artist who can give you what you looking for

I've stated that this is all specific to her commercial success. Not her artistry. She didn't transition well and things fell apart. I don't need to stan for anyone else. I don't know why you'd even bring that up.

Emvee

Great! That's not what this article is about.

This is about her commercial success.

I will always be here for Gaga. She's brought me so much happiness and strength and stability.

But I think criticism of her career is totally valid. She's made some questionable decisions that have resulted in a falling from grace. I think it's okay to talk about that. I'm not negatively affected by that. It doesn't affect how I view Gaga the artist. I love her all the same.

No, this article is bashing almost every creative move she's made this era, not just her commercial success. If we're going to have this discussion, we need to look at the whole picture. She isn't just making these decisions in a vacuum. They're related to her personal life and her current set of creative confidants, which was formed from a sequence of events in her life. She has Terry, but it's not he's her only right hand man. ANd he won't be there forever.

Her fall from grace is no mystery to anyone and this discussion has been had ever since the end of the Born This Way era. It's boring. The horse is dead. Bury it and move on.

White Shadows

Interludicrous posted this in another thread and I thought it explained things so well.

You may not personally like the direction she's going in, and maybe the god forsaken GP doesn't either. But it bothers me to see all these people hung up on the person she used to be and acting as if she's committed a crime for evolving as an artist and INEVITABLY making mistakes along the way.

She's not a cookie cutter s-xual mysterious pop star. She's just not. And I think some people need to let go of that or stop calling themselves fans.

Willy Wonka

Unfortunately you're going in when people like me are demonising this "critic" as nothing more than a hater which given the drivel written in it is a fair observation. Billboard articles criticise Gaga from time to time but I don't condemn it because it's constructively written not like this garbage posted in here.

I guess I can just see through the hyperbole in this easier than you, which is okay. I can see past the tone, but I understand how you might get frustrated.

I am NOT one of those fans who constantly praises her every move. I have many constructive things to say as well. But you're no diplomat for feeding into the criticism.

You can't deny than tons of the article and the reactions in this thread are very overdone. This.

Yeah! It's all hyperbolic, but I can see past that and see that some of the core arguments have merit. :shrug:

FrankGutz

This can have some reasonable points but Gaga has been dealing with hate since day one. She has always been a copycat, an attention wh0re, boring, nothing new, then she got gay, but then she is using gays, she is satanic, illuminati, too skinny, too fat, d--g addict, her music is only about her born This way sh!t, now her music is only about herself, she is too weird, she is too normal...

Remember when hating Britney was a trend because watching her die was "funny"? She was so irrelevant that people had the need to write about her.

:tea: :tea:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Essence

Interludicrous posted this in another thread and I thought it explained things so well.

How is it adding to the discussion?

It's just fans who love the TFM era and hate the ARTPOP era talking about everything she's "doing wrong." It's nothing new. And it's also subjective.

And I seriously fail to understand why you're just egging the side against Gaga on.

chiuga

I think the reason y she's not succeeding in this era is because she's no longer mysterious to the public, like she's lost her cool factor

Willy Wonka

It's just fans who love the TFM era and hate the ARTPOP era talking about everything she's "doing wrong." It's nothing new. And it's also subjective.

And I seriously fail to understand why you're just egging the side against Gaga on.

I'm not at all.

I'm not egging anyone on. If that's what you think, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

FrankGutz

You may not personally like the direction she's going in, and maybe the god forsaken GP doesn't either. But it bothers me to see all these people hung up on the person she used to be and acting as if she's committed a crime for evolving as an artist and INEVITABLY making mistakes along the way.

She's not a cookie cutter s-xual mysterious pop star. She's just not. And I think some people need to let go of that or stop calling themselves fans.

Please!

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Willy Wonka

No, this article is bashing almost every creative move she's made this era, not just her commercial success. If we're going to have this discussion, we need to look at the whole picture. She isn't just making these decisions in a vacuum. They're related to her personal life and her current set of creative confidants, which was formed from a sequence of events in her life. She has Terry, but it's not he's her only right hand man. ANd he won't be there forever.

Her fall from grace is no mystery to anyone and this discussion has been had ever since the end of the Born This Way era. It's boring. The horse is dead. Bury it and move on.

Then I must just be interpreting the article differently than you then. :shrug:

Emvee

I think the reason y she's not succeeding in this era is because she's no longer mysterious to the public, like she's lost her cool factor

This is no offense to you, I'm just using you as an example.

BUT HAVENT WE KNOWN THIS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW? This noise just keeps on going, doesn't it? When will a blogger simply say that Gaga has transitioned into a different part of her career now?

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE DEAD? An artist's career dies because they die or they completely drop that aspect of their life. Not because their "videos are boring and conventional now."

Then I must just be interpreting the article differently than you then. :shrug:

Maybe :shrug:

Redstreak

He's not egging the other side. He has legitimate personal criticisms that were able to coincide with the article. Most of the reactions in this thread are stemming from how the material is written, not what it's saying. If Willy legitimately feels like he dislikes those certain aspects, that's ok, as even you said it's all just down to personal opinion and taste. :shrug: I disagree with a lot of the article, but I can see why others might find some hints of agreement and that's not necessarily a bad thing on their part. I know Willy, he's still here for the right reasons whether he thinks the current direction is up to his liking or not. :)

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived