Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Haters on GGD

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

Willy Wonka

THAT is hyperbolic. :toofunny: If all the criticism was respectful and mater-of-fact, there would be no issue. But there has been plenty of criticism is over-dramatized and incessant.

That phrase was related to my first phrase about "a lot of people". And of course! People are dramatic on both sides.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

There's another great myth that any Gaga fan has ever said you HAVE to love 100% of what she does. That just doesn't happen. But that's the hyperbole spread by those who get criticized for disagreeing with Gaga in disrespectful ways. No fan is asking anyone to love everything Gaga does. :)

I respect you, but you're wrong on this one. You're not seeing the reality, and you're coming from the same perspective as the OP.

There ARE people that get mad about any criticism, no matter how respectful the person is.

You're being divisive and prejudiced on this subject. Those who criticize Gaga are hyperbolic and disrespectful, while those who defend Gaga are righteous and rational. It's not black and white like you're painting it.

There ARE people that get mad about any criticism, no matter how respectful the person is.

You're being divisive and prejudiced on this subject. Those who criticize Gaga are hyperbolic and disrespectful, while those who defend Gaga are righteous and rational. It's not black and white like you're painting it.

Oh, no I totally agree there are Gaga fans who attack anyone who attacks Gaga, and they are far from righteous and rational. They contribute to the problem by being as bad as the haters. They are trying to make two wrongs be one right.

But they are generally fine with those who simply offer constructive criticism or an opinion of what they like and don't like.

I've never seen someone post a simple negative opinion like "I don't like Jewels N' Drugs on ARTPOP" and gotten a response like "GTFO YOU HATER!!" It's my job to look for things like that, and I would give out warnings if someone attacked a user for just a negative opinion.

ChicaSkas

Many of these haters hide under the pretence of "constructive criticism" to spout negativity. There's expressing an opinion, and then there's just complaining, which I think it's usually the latter.

This.

You don't like the food served at the party, don't eat it. You don't have to go to the table and tell everybody who's having second helpings how the food is horrible TO YOU.

I don't get why people don't get it.

I need to frame yours and Sara's posts and put them out when I see stupidity like that :air:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

display name

Because it's a big killjoy when you try to enjoy something and there's people wandering around saying "this sucks!!!!". Ever been to a party and you end up talking to that one guy at the party that nobody wants to talk to because all he does is complain about how ****ty the party is? Ya. Don't be THAT guy. :)

Actually, I think this metaphor perfectly sums up the issue and answers one of the questions that has been brought up. "Why are some people on the internet if they can't handle criticism that's not even directed at them?" Some fans cannot handle Gaga's critics. That's true, but a lot of us can handle the criticism; however, it annoys us.

Why are some people on the internet if they are intentionally going to troll or annoy people? Do they not have other things to do with their time, things other than spreading negativity on a forum? If you know you will not like the party, then go home.

Interludicrous

I'm not overly negative, but I like being critical. I personally fell in love with Gaga during the TFM era. Her work was perfect to me, and IMO she had so much potential to be my all-time favorite artist. But she evolved in a direction that currently isn't exactly my style (except for a handful of songs). But I still love her and I still see that same potential in her, which is why I continue to follow her every move.

So I'm here because I still love her as a person and as a creative thinker, but not necessarily because of her most recent work. And I'll post 'negative' feedback on her work whenever I feel like it adds something to a discussion. But overall I try to focus on the positives nowadays, I used to be way more negative.

Willy Wonka

Oh, no I totally agree there are Gaga fans who attack anyone who attacks Gaga, and they are far from righteous and rational. They contribute to the problem by being as bad as the haters. They are trying to make two wrongs be one right.But they are generally fine with those who simply offer constructive criticism or an opinion of what they like and don't like.I've never seen someone post a simple negative opinion like "I don't like Jewels N' Drugs on ARTPOP" and gotten a response like "GTFO YOU HATER!!" It's my job to look for things like that, and I would give out warnings if someone attacked a user for just a negative opinion.

Oh, okay. Then we're totally on the same page. I'm sorry for misinterpreting your position.

I completely agree with you when you say that it's not the fact that people are criticizing, it's the way in which they criticize that is problematic. But that's the problem with stan culture to some extent- there's no middle ground. Someone is either slaying or they're flopping. They're either flawless or a mess. So when the two ends of the spectrum collide, it's bound to be a mess. We all need to remember we're here for the same reason.

I'm not overly negative, but I like being critical. I personally fell in love with Gaga during the TFM era. Her work was perfect to me, and IMO she had so much potential to be my all-time favorite artist. But she evolved in a direction that currently isn't exactly my style (except for a handful of songs). But I still love her and I still see that same potential in her, which is why I continue to follow her every move.

So I'm here because I still love her as a person and as a creative thinker, but not necessarily because of her most recent work. And I'll post 'negative' feedback on her work whenever I feel like it adds something to a discussion. But overall I try to focus on the positives nowadays, I used to be way more negative.

I identify with this so much, it's eerie.

GypsyPrince

I need to frame yours and Sara's posts and put them out when I see stupidity like that :air:

Take my picture ChicaSkas, I want to be a GGD star. 

:whitney:

Archived