celeb

Miley Cyrus' long armpit hair raises eyebrows

LePetitGAGABLover

Featured Posts

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

To those saying men aren't held to the same standards I don't think so... it's become common for men to literally shave their entire body. I don't like how the pressure is now on both genders to shave and many act like someone having body hair is something to mock.

​You can't honestly be suggesting that the reaction to male armpit hair is in any way similar to the reaction a female gets when she shows armpit hair, though? I've never encountered a kind of attitude that mocks armpit hair on men - although I'm not saying that it doesn't exist because I'm sure someone somewhere does. I know plenty of people that think it's unattractive, but that's totally different.

Male celebrities get pictured shirtless at the beach or whatever all the time with armpit hair on show, but I've never seen that become a news story or cause for a discussion, and I don't think you have either. Even though we do live in a society where less hair is increasingly seen as s-xier for both genders, let's stop pretending that the pressure isn't greater for women, shall we?

Harry

Omg Brad Pitt is soooo s-xy

Zac Efron yassss omg

JT daddy take me now!

EWW MILEY PLEASE STOP

PUT IT AWAY, DISGUSTING

SO DESPARATE FOR ATTENTION

​You can't honestly be suggesting that the reaction to male armpit hair is in any way similar to the reaction a female gets when she shows armpit hair, though? I've never encountered a kind of attitude that mocks armpit hair on men - although I'm not saying that it doesn't exist because I'm sure someone somewhere does. I know plenty of people that think it's unattractive, but that's totally different.

Male celebrities get pictured shirtless at the beach or whatever all the time with armpit hair on show, but I've never seen that become a news story or cause for a discussion, and I don't think you have either. Even though we do live in a society where less hair is increasingly seen as s-xier for both genders, let's stop pretending that the pressure isn't greater for women, shall we?

Nowhere did I say it's the same, just that pressure exists on both s-xes. 

Harry

Nowhere did I say it's the same, just that pressure exists on both s-xes. 

While I agree with what you're saying, this is a problem that always seems to happen. An issue about inequality for women is brought up and argued against, and then a guy chimes in and goes "yeah well men have it bad too ya know!", it's just not really that conversation​, you know? I'm not starting an argument or accusing you of having any bad intentions whatsoever, but doing that kind of pulls the focus away and trivialises the inequality, almost. Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Morphine Prince

She can do whatever she wants with her body hair and I can think what I want about it.

I think it's gross and a huge turn off FOR ME. It makes her look manly (yes, society has created the image that men having hair is ok and women should shave) and that's unattractive to me. 

Ambrosia

It's her body and she can do or not do as she pleases.  I think disliking arm pit hair on women is more of a cultural thing.

With that being said, I don't care if you are the best looking person on Earth - man or woman, I have never found arm pits or arm pit hair attractive.  It's a necessity of life, is all.    I hate it when I'm watching a show or movie and the guy puts him arm behind his head... I'm like, please don't...  lol

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Battle 4 Ur Life

ew ew ew ew ew ew. She looks like Bieber. Nice biceps.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Dangerous Man

#RebelHeart

Madge, ha endless impact. :green:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

witchcocktor

Somewhere women don't have the same rights as men and acid is thrown in their face for wanting an education. But here we are dying over the fact that someone's armpit hair is criticized.

A man would get criticized for having armpit hair if it wasn't trimmed and just all over. But there are no such cases because first of all men don't usually show off their armpit hair in award shows and wherever.

Don't act as if male bodies aren't criticized and policed.

Archived