💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Camila addresses “inauthentic” comments

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“For weeks, the narrative around this project has been whether or not it’s an authentic one. But authentic to what, or to whom? And why is this under particular scrutiny? Very online, but allegedly not a reader of comments, Cabello is aware of the commentary, not by her own accord, she claims—but rather because everyone keeps asking her about it.

“It's so ironic,” she says on a Zoom call the morning after her Jimmy Fallon performance. “I feel like the inauthentic thing to do would be to give the public what you know is gonna work for you, or what they're already expecting from you. That's the easy way to keep going like, ‘Oh, you like “Havana,” I'll give you five more of those.’ But, it's so much more risky and comes from a place of artistic integrity to be like, ‘Well, I'm actually going to depart from the thing that everybody knows and likes about me in order to try things and experiment and evolve as an artist.’”

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

BlingNotTheMusic

i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it i luv it OOO

Authentic Queen

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 1

Sis you forgot about the fact that the small community of gays and girls who like hyperpop are gate-keeping little shits :toofunny:. And the media just follows stan twitter as they always do. 

• Thanks 7

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, Emvee said:

Sis you forgot about the fact that the small community of gays and girls who like hyperpop are gate-keeping little shits :toofunny:. And the media just follows stan twitter as they always do. 

it's not hyperpop record
“I Luv It,” it was instantly compared to Charli’s strain of experimental pop, but as Cabello points out—and listening to the record in full confirms—C, XOXO may be an exercise in contrasts, but “I Luv It” is something of a red herring. Cabello’s album takes its cues less from hyperpop, and more from a broad melting pot of 2000s hip-hop, with its clattering beats. 
“I Luv It” represents just one part of the full spectrum of sounds Cabello explores across the album’s 14 tracks, which swerve breathlessly from reggaeton to ambient alt-pop to dance bangers.
https://www.vogue.com/article/camila-cabello-c-xoxo-interview

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 4

BlingNotTheMusic
14 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

it's not hyperpop record
“I Luv It,” it was instantly compared to Charli’s strain of experimental pop, but as Cabello points out—and listening to the record in full confirms—C, XOXO may be an exercise in contrasts, but “I Luv It” is something of a red herring. Cabello’s album takes its cues less from hyperpop, and more from a broad melting pot of 2000s hip-hop, with its clattering beats. 
“I Luv It” represents just one part of the full spectrum of sounds Cabello explores across the album’s 14 tracks, which swerve breathlessly from reggaeton to ambient alt-pop to dance bangers.
https://www.vogue.com/article/camila-cabello-c-xoxo-interview

Uh Huh Yes GIF

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Uh Huh Yes GIF

is this hyperpop ?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Thanks 5

King of the Fall

Unpopular opinion, Camila gets too much hate and I am not even a fan of her music 

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 4

hieronymus
4 minutes ago, Luv u Sum said:

idk i'm rocking with her here 

everyone hated on lana for not being "authentic" 

Lana didn't completely switch her look, sound, and vibe toward someone who's already popular though.

StrawberryBlond

This is definitely something more aimed at female artists. Taylor mentioned this on her documentary about the contortions women have to go through to keep them successful, respected and stay around. One of the things she mentioned was that they have to constantly reinvent themselves or they're out of a job. And that the reinvention has to be drastic enough to be challenging for the artist but not so drastic that it turns off the audience completely. This is exactly what's happening to Camila. Sure, we've not heard the whole album yet but right now, she's just doing what all female artists do - dye her hair and experiment with a different sound after having a lack of success with their usual sound. Gaga's right, there is such pressure on artists to stay in a box. It's not like anyone's been criticising Camila's new look, but apparently the fact it's different is the issue. You know if she did the same thing over and over she'd be called a one trick pony. There's no winning when you're a female in the industry. 

• Like 1