Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child opinions

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P
15 minutes ago, neptugne said:

More than 15 times each girl u crazy

I know, but to me it's like listening to the same album over and over and over. Makes me feel happy, just like the music.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily

All I've heard and read makes it sound like some 14 year old's fanfiction.

One Banned Boi

Spock

Still haven't finished it. 

Really like the backbone of the story: to see where the characters are, adult relationships, the conflicts etc etc. It's the most Rowling-esque part about it. 

But I hate hate hate HATE the direction the story goes in. God, it's so STUPID and unnecessary.

Maybe my opinion will be less negative once I finish the thing but yeah, so disappointed

who will love me when the night is over

Thomas P
18 minutes ago, Unicorn Heart said:

I was 4 when me and my dad read it together and I still remember it to this day. I have read/listened (i love going for a walk in the woods and just listening to the audio books) each of the books 21 times, apart from PoA and GoF which were 23 times. And have seen the films numerous times. J.K. is the reason why I want to be a writer and why I'm going to study writing at college in September 

To me, listening to the audiobooks and reading the books over and over is like listening to Born This Way. They make me happy, and I always feel good after done, so why not just keep revisiting them? Who knows, they have inspired a potential future that you can pursue, and I think that that's what all artists (literary or musical) want.

nikola

tbh I am big harry potter fan.......but this one feels like fan fic........idk maybe play is better......but the story by itself is not that good......i need J.K to write new harry potter story by herself....but sadly she sad she is done

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Thomas P
17 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

All I've heard and read makes it sound like some 14 year old's fanfiction.

Well part of the problem is a lot of ppl thought it was a new novel, but it's a script for a very good play.

Thomas P
16 minutes ago, Spock said:

Still haven't finished it. 

Really like the backbone of the story: to see where the characters are, adult relationships, the conflicts etc etc. It's the most Rowling-esque part about it. 

But I hate hate hate HATE the direction the story goes in. God, it's so STUPID and unnecessary.

Maybe my opinion will be less negative once I finish the thing but yeah, so disappointed

Depends where you are, I found it dumb until about part 2, and that's when I started getting really into it.

elijahfan

Well, I think the play must be quite impressive to witness on the stage, but as far as the story goes, it does read like barely decent fan-fiction...

I really liked the setting, seeing where the characters were in their lives 19 years later and the evolution of their relationships, but it became quickly obvious that this was all one big excuse to rehash things from the Potter mythology, and things we've known and seen before. Not to give too much away: I think the time-travelling plot was extremely well done in Prisoner of Azkaban, but here, it is just.... an excuse. A clumsily executed excuse to bring back as many Potter characters as possible, and disguising it all into a so-called original story. And the few elements that were actually new to the story, like that big final twist, were just inconsistent in the context of the entire Potter universe. I mean, how the hell could Rowling permit some of these things to be written is a complete mystery to me.

So yeah, that must undoubtedly be quite something to witness all that in the flesh, but right now I just have the hardest time processing the idea that this story is somewhat canon.

ModernEcstasy

I found it really difficult to read at first (what with it literally being written as a screenplay)

But I eventually got used to it. 

Ive just finished the first act and I absolutely love it!

im gonna try and get tickets on Friday. Desperately want to see the play. 

littlepotter
On 8/4/2016 at 2:52 AM, neptugne said:

More than 15 times each girl u crazy

Well people listen to albums and watch movies more than 15 times :wtf:

chaeri pls

littlepotter

I got it the day it was available and finished it quite fastly (otherwise it would be an insult to my username :diane: )

I do like it more and more each day. At first i was very confused about how it made me feel... Like, that was NOT harry potter, and NOT jk rowling. Those are NOT the characters I love. But now I see it for what it is, just a play, an addition to the world that rowling created. Just because she 'approved' of it, i dont have to consider it canon. The moment the series was over 9 years ago, it was up to the world to create their endings.

chaeri pls

RAMROD

I do not love it. But I didn't hate it. 

I am just discontent, because parts of it are predictable, that Albus would be a Slytherin and friends with Scorpius, for example, many people would want and guess that, because of the idea after Voldemort, the magic world should be much tolerant.

The thing I can not accept yet is that Voldermort actually have baby with Bellatrix, that thing really is fanfic that turns to be somewhat canon. That is cheap way to bring back the past into the present and future. If it was solely written by J.K.R, she won't let that pass.

So yeah, it is mediocre.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Antoni

So I'm at Part Two now. From Part One, not a big fan of this continuation. The whole Cedric plot is messed up and feels more suited to an episode of television than a book or play. And when the world is messed up after the first time they use the Time Turner, they should have gone back and stopped themselves from what they did the first time. That would have fixed everything.

I accidentally read a spoiler about Voldy's kid. Nice twist.

My name isn't Timmers

weed
7 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Well people listen to albums and watch movies more than 15 times :wtf:

Yeah that takes ~2 hours max each time, vs reading every single Harry Potter book 15+ times :huh: 

littlepotter
39 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Yeah that takes ~2 hours max each time, vs reading every single Harry Potter book 15+ times :huh: 

exactly. you watch a movie and you enjoy it for 2 hours. then you rewatch those same 2 hours every time and get enjoyment for these 2 hours, and less every new time. but when you read a book, let's say it takes a week, then you'll be getting a full week of enjoyment everytime. and it gets better every new read, especially with hp because it's filled with little plot details and foreshadowing here and there and you get like 'oh i know what that means now!' plus each new time you perceive the situation a different way.

chaeri pls

Archived