đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Zayn Malik officially a "flop" ?

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple
2 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

Hmm.. in all fairness Demi's albums are all Gold (except for 'Confident' :madge: ). But that's a story for another time.

Well it's not like gold is a huge achievement :gaycat: Confident sold 500k or smth worldwide

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pablo

Maybe, he hyped his solo career do much but the music is still mediocre for my taste

Don't visit my profile

StrawberryBlond

I really didn't expect this performance considering how well Pillowtalk did in the US and worldwide. The album set some records in its opening week, but it dropped so soon after. But even its debut figures weren't amazing. It debuted at just over 22k in the UK, his home country!  Foreign acts with no #1 hits can do better than that! To see an album fail to get huge numbers after a single as successful as Pillowtalk is extremely rare when you're an established name with a fanbase. Yes, there was a promotion issue, as he's cancelled appearances and just not done much in general and there doesn't appear to be a proper second single, but a single as successful as Pillowtalk should be enough to carry an album, even nowadays. 1 big hit and a top ten is all you need now to do reasonably well and for male artists, it's even easier. So, this is a shock. Maybe his personality put a lot of people off? He's been so ungrateful for the 1D experience and seemed to bash the whole concept and after those cheating allegations and dumping Perrie (even though he was the one who cheated) and waiting to take back the house he bought for her mum...this attitude is very off-putting and doesn't make you want to root for him. At the beginning of 1D, a lot of people said Zayn was going to grow up to be the JT of the group and initially, that seemed true. But after Harry's fanbase grew, my money's on him to be the biggest success. I don't know what he's waiting for, though.

GloZell Green

I don't like his music but he can sing. He only got a number one single because of the 1D hype. And then went on to a single that peaked at number 55. Didn't he also set the record for biggest second week sales drop for a while?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

JusKeepBreathin
15 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

Serious question now that his album has been out for a couple of weeks... this is his total sales in the US: 

I had NO idea his sales were this terrible in the US. So I thought MAYBE he did better in the UK? And let's see.. 

"AS a member of ONE DIRECTION, ZAYN MALIK was used to selling hundreds of thousands of albums within days of release.

Those days are most certainly over.

I can reveal that the Bradford lad’s debut solo album has suffered an embarrassing first week here in the UK.

As of last night, sales of Mind Of Mine were at 19,848, with Zayn expected to end the week on 23,000 today.

1D’s most recent album Made In The AM managed first-week sales of 93,000, while 2013’s Midnight Memories sold an incredible 237,000."

What happened.? doc_zpsc886535c.gif

Sure he had a #1 hit with pretty good streaming, but if your "#1 hit" can't sell your album... then IDK honestly. 

Is it the state of the Music Industry? Is it Zayn Malik himself? Discuss. ditto.gif

I would say yes if he were promoting the album. But he has done NO PROMOTION at all. Yet PillowTalk is still the #2 song on POP Radio and the #4 song on All Over Radio. It's crazy. Do some promo Zayn.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lion Heart
12 hours ago, Britney Spears said:

Well it's not like gold is a huge achievement :gaycat: Confident sold 500k or smth worldwide

It is nowadays ditto.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Fiona Apple
Just now, Lion Heart said:

It is nowadays ditto.gif

No it's not a big achievement at all. Because we have streaming :wub:

Archived