💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Zayn Malik officially a "flop" ?

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Serious question now that his album has been out for a couple of weeks... this is his total sales in the US: 

I had NO idea his sales were this terrible in the US. So I thought MAYBE he did better in the UK? And let's see.. 

"AS a member of ONE DIRECTION, ZAYN MALIK was used to selling hundreds of thousands of albums within days of release.

Those days are most certainly over.

I can reveal that the Bradford lad’s debut solo album has suffered an embarrassing first week here in the UK.

As of last night, sales of Mind Of Mine were at 19,848, with Zayn expected to end the week on 23,000 today.

1D’s most recent album Made In The AM managed first-week sales of 93,000, while 2013’s Midnight Memories sold an incredible 237,000."

What happened.? doc_zpsc886535c.gif

Sure he had a #1 hit with pretty good streaming, but if your "#1 hit" can't sell your album... then IDK honestly. 

Is it the state of the Music Industry? Is it Zayn Malik himself? Discuss. ditto.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaXCupcakke

Yea he's done. 

Now let us all focus on Harry's solo career :hor:

Lion Heart
2 minutes ago, Dora said:

Yea he's done. 

Now let us all focus on Harry's solo career :hor:

Daddy Liam > 

Dangerous Man

Not a total flop since he had a number 1 single and album smh. I mean you can say it was bcoz of 1D leaving hype but hey, not everyone has that!

But yeah, unfortunately he doesn't do much promo bc of his lazy ass attitude. He will not succeed if he continues to be like this. Shame coz he has a good voice and looks (and great music).

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Evan Peters

lol probably but the album is nice

emma roberts is an abuser

Ciccone Madonna

Stop calling flop this flop that. :flop:

Lion Heart

Chart News tweeted: “PILLOWTALK by @zaynmalik scores the biggest 2nd-week drop for #1-debuting singles in Hot 100 history.”

Some insiders have claimed that Malik’s dwindling sales are most likely down to his ‘lazy’ approach to promotion. The star has done a handful of magazine interviews and a few TV appearances, however he pulled out of almost as many as he showed up for.

Zayn cancelled an interview on The Graham Norton Show and gave only a few minutes notice when he decided not to take part in Nick Grimshaw’s Radio 1 Breakfast Show a week later.

He has been seen at more parties and showbiz events than anything resembling a promotion opportunity over the past month.

Fans however think Malik has tested their loyalty to the extreme. In his recent interviews the singer has slated his former bandmates, their music and their integrity and admitted that he never wanted to be in One Direction anyway.

:udidnt: With this kind of attitude, he's going nowhere. 

I also don't see anything else on that album that will do well. Maybe "Like I Would" could do decently (Top 40)... if he ACTUALLY decides to promote it. 

Bradley

He has the hype, I don't get why he's not promoting nor releasing the video for Like I Would which is supposed to be his second single.

He's butchering his own career imo, maybe his label is but what kind of label decides not to promote an artist's second single when his first was #1?

JbGaga

I dont think 1d had huge hits or lots of sales in America either tho...

Prismatic

Talent al... *insert img of things that can't be found* 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

PaperIz

I'm still boycotting sony so I didn't buy his album even though I wanted to. I wouldn't label him a flop since it went number 1, but it's lacking longevity 

Economy

The problem is people only care about his good looks but few people care about his music

hed do better as an actor tbh. Looks sell better in tv than radio :neyde: 

despite what people say. Many mediocre looking artists do well, and many good looking artists do poorly. 

Good looks help to an extent but in music Looks alone get you nowhere 

Lion Heart
4 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

I dont think 1d had huge hits or lots of sales in America either tho...

Singles-wise you're kind of right. But their album sales were pretty respectable. 

Up All Night:  1,852,000

Take Me Home: 1,793,000

Midnight Memories: 1,366,000

Four: 813,000 

All these states are from 2014. I'll try to look for more recent ones.

Morphine Prince

I honestly don't care. The album is amazing and he has the talent. 

Archived