💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Sunny's Tutorial's //

Sunny

Featured Posts

Is this way of cutting better than the Quick Selection Tool? Btw, I never get the Refine Edge Tool to work, it either adds background or doesn't do anything at all.  :confused:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Applause

Is this way of cutting better than the Quick Selection Tool? Btw, I never get the Refine Edge Tool to work, it either adds background or doesn't do anything at all.  :confused:

Sometimes Quick Selection is easier. But, the way shown is more accurate for when there is multiple shades of colors on an edge, as well when skin blends into background.

For Refine Edge: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding-adobe-photoshop-cs6/refine-edge-command/

Xalser

Sunny

which photoshop do you use and what's the difference?

I use Photoshop (CC, I bought it), it has more features than CS6, and, I have been using it since it came out

I like dancin', and ponies....

WhiteStripes

I use Photoshop (CC, I bought it), it has more features than CS6, and, I have been using it since it came out

I thought you used piratebay?

Sunny

I thought you used piratebay?

Nope, did I say that :emma:

Sunny

:confused:

I'm so confused right now

Well, you can use Piratebay, I don't see any problem with it :shrug:

Sunny

Official. Today's tutorial will be on recoloring, followed by cover making

Sunny

Tutorial on recoloring is coming tomorrow morning. Sorry guys, I am just tot tired  :giveup:

Sunny

Posting this so I can save it and post the recolor tutorial on the main post!

Cutting

TL DR: Pen tool, go around the "person", make selection with feather radius of 1, refine edge CTRL + J, save as PNG

Cutting (aka remove background if you wanna call it like that) is very important for making graphics. And it is really easy!

Step 1. Open your imagine in Photoshop (I use Photoshop CC)

Side note : If the image is to large (Example UHQ), you may want to resize it

Step 2. Select the pen tool (letter P), and make sure you're settings are set like this 9MAKv.jpg

Step 3. Zoom in to the picture 2 or 3 times (The bigger the image, the more you should zoom), and start clicking the lines around the "person"

53sl86.jpg

You shouldn't have that much space between the dots, to make it look better. Go around the person until the 1st dot.

Step 4. Once you are done, right click, make selection, and make sure your settings are set like thiscJo90.jpg

Sidenote. If you want to remove parts that are selected, select the part you want to remove, make a selection, same settings, just select Subtract From Selection

Step 5 . You may want to refine edge (Quick Selection Tool / W), Refine Edge, check smart radius, and, mess with the Radius (depends on the picture). Also, brush over the little hair strands!

Step 6. Press CTRL + J, delete the original layer, and Save as PNG, that is it!

Archived