💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Put all the charts beside, do you think Prism is better than ARTPOP?

Versace Girl

259 members have voted

1. 1. Is prism better than artpop music wise?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Neptune

Better than the amazing BEYONCÉ? Ur crazy

BEYONCÉ is another 4. People just fell for the commercial play of the surprise album and jumped on the bandwagon.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace Girl

PRISM has some amazing songs and some good songs but ARTPOP only has amazing songs  :nick:

Dope, Jewels n' Drugs, and Swine are amazing?

:lmao:

Neptune

That's his opinion. And they are amazing - this is a fact, tho.

lastlinefirst

Not a chance. I loved OOTB and Teenage Dream but Prism just sounded boring and unoriginal to me. I tried to like it and I was just very letdown. ARTPOP on the other hand is so different and I absolutely love it. It's my fave Gaga album now and when I listen to it, it makes me happy.

You forgot to include Donatella and Fashion!

BEYONCÉ is another 4. People just fell for the commercial play of the surprise album and jumped on the bandwagon.

Not at all. Just listen to Haunted, Drunk In Love and Flawless and tell me it has something to do with 4.

Blank Space

Exactly my opinion.

Therefore: Yes, Prism is (for me) the better and more homogenous album.

Especially the calmer tracks are quite amazing.

Plus: Walking on Air > everything  :worship2:

:) Yes.

Absolutely not. ARTPOP's melodies are killer, and probably the best collection of melodies she's ever assembled. There are some things with lyrics, production, etc. that are slightly off with ARTPOP, but the choruses... Jesus, they're amazing.

Prism, on the other hand, is a collection of generic wish-wash that don't hold a candle to ARTPOP's craft. There are a few songs I love (International Smile, Double Rainbow, Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air), but even the best of Prism doesn't compare to ARTPOP. 

That being said, Prism is a phenomenal work of commercial pop and I think it's a matured version of Teenage Dream that has tons more chart potential left in it. (Although I suppose the point of this topic is to ignore that aspect of the record :P)

Neptune

Not at all. Just listen to Haunted, Drunk In Love and Flawless and tell me it has something to do with 4.

Not that way. And trust me, I've heard those, and they're trash. I don't want to listen to Beyoncé speaking and her husband basically just rapping "If I do say so myself" like a bazillion times. She's basic and people overpraise her, but that will end, eventually. They build you up to tear you down.

djBuffoon

No..... I don't think PRISM is near as good and enjoyable as Teenage Dream. And if we are to compare it to Gaga standards, well.... I'm sorry, but Gaga's next level, it's not even fair to compare. I'm not saying Gaga is necessarily better, they just don't have the same goals, they don't do the same thing, and that's why I'm a huge Gaga fan and a mild Katy Perry fan :shrug: They're both very good at what they do, but according to my personal tastes, Gaga is undoubtedly above.

Then I will say it for you ;)  And I completely agree.

elijahfan

Then I will say it for you ;)  And I completely agree.

Well, I do think she's better too.... :teehee: Just trying not to hurt anyone's feelings :lolgaga:

Archived