đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

gaga's trying to pretend that DWUW didnt happen at all?

Gerrard174

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit the frog

As someone else has said, she cancelled DWUW so why would she promote it? Why should she? DWUW will probably never see the light of day until she retires, very unlikely even then.

Venus has been promoted since before the release of ARTPOP and it's even on the ARTPOP sticker. It's just a promo single, for now, like Dope. She even intended Venus to be the second single but DWUW took it's place for whatever reasons.

What did she have planned for Venus? As far as I'm aware, she didn't really say anything about what she had planned for it and only explained the series of covers for it. I know she intended it to be the second single, as she announced it and then announced DWUW was the second single. :/

She's planned a video, all the looks and performances. She obviously used some of her ideas anyway cuz she promoted he song but it was a hugr mess.

Robotboy

its pretty cool that her promo single slayed the charts like that :legend:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Slayer

Gaga had Fozzie eat the USB and it literally became what it was in the first place...crap OJaiK5i.gif

:usrs:  Dafuq. It's one of the best songs on the album, bub.

Venus is not going to happen. It's never going to happen. It's a good song, but just not the kind of song that the public would relate to even remotely. If Gaga wants to put it out as a single because she truly doesn't care about charts, that's fine, but if she cares about sustaining her career at the same level it is now, she should be careful with the music she presents to the public. Which is why GUY is a great choice right now. Fun, catchy, with lyrics that actually make sense.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

she needs to stop w Venus. it's a great song, but its not going to happen. the gp is not here for it. the gp wants gypsy.

You need to stop. You don't know what the GP wants, so stop acting like you do. :awkney:

Leninsdog

Maybe it has something to do with Troy and how she said that all people want is money. I don't think DWUW as a single was Gaga's choice but it is made for profits. Then they must have forced her to make a video for it because they wanted more money as Gaga expressed. It may explain all this time why Gaga was feeling down and struggle not to make a video for it. 

Sleigh Mama

The performance with Christina is really the only positive thing DWUW achieved.

TimisaMonster

:usrs:  Dafuq. It's one of the best songs on the album, bub.

Venus is not going to happen. It's never going to happen. It's a good song, but just not the kind of song that the public would relate to even remotely. If Gaga wants to put it out as a single because she truly doesn't care about charts, that's fine, but if she cares about sustaining her career at the same level it is now, she should be careful with the music she presents to the public. Which is why GUY is a great choice right now. Fun, catchy, with lyrics that actually make sense.

DWUW being the best song on the album is debatable :teehee:

As much as I wanted Venus to be a single, I agree...she can't afford to be "experimental" with her career and choice of singles the rest of the era...everything needs to be fresh, catchy, and given the proper promo treatment. :yes:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Venus was a promo single before

It was announced as the second single then DWUW replaced it. Venus was moved to a promo single slot. 

StrawberryBlond

I've been wondering for the longest time if Gaga didn't want DWUW to be a single, but Interscope made out that she did. It's not unusual for labels to shift the blame for any potentially bad decisions onto the artist. Worse, they can lead the artist to believe that it was what they wanted all along. Gaga was reluctant to promote DWUW but seemed oddly relentless with promoting Venus even though it was no longer the official single. She performed it at London's G-A-Y nightclub, X Factor UK, The Graham Norton Show, The Muppets Thanksgiving Special, Japanese show SMAPXSMAP, and featured it in her G.U.Y video. That song had more promotion than some of her official singles. After all this time, it's finally 100% clear to me that she wanted Venus as the single and was forced into releasing DWUW as the safer, commercial choice. What with having her artistic decisions stamped on and the negative attention that R Kelly started getting in response to the song, she just wanted to forget it ever happened. But what's annoying us fans is that a video WAS made and was all set to be released. It wasn't like a TEOG scenario where Gaga fell out with the director mid-shoot and ended up having to start over from scratch and direct it herself. It was all set and ready to go. Whatever happened prior to its release and how Gaga had the power to put a halt to it must be seriously juicy. Was R Kelly really sleazy on set and creeped her out? Did the director suggest things she wasn't comfortable with? Was she fine with it at the time but regretted it afterwards? In the past, I was really desperate for her to release it eventually, just for the fans, but now I'm not as bothered. I just want her to move on and start promoting something new, which is what she's doing. If it had happened...damn. It could have rivalled Miley's videos for shock factor and provided her with the career boost she needed. That was probably why Interscope made her do it - shockingly s-xual videos were where it's at, and they wanted Gaga to compete with Miley's shocking behaviour and have her Wrecking Ball moment, albeit a lot more critically acclaimed.

But yeah, it's not uncommon for artists/labels to pretend an unsuccessful/controversial single doesn't exist when the album is promoted. At the end of the day, this is the very first official single Gaga's released that didn't have a video. I'm sure that's never going to happen again. She's got too high a reputation for music videos to start skipping video opportunities just to make an album progress faster. Rihanna has 8 singles that have no videos - she's taken laziness to a whole new level with her last two albums, with only half the singles getting videos. 6 out of 8 of her absent videos featured rappers. So, I guess Gaga had to have her absent music video featuring a rapper too.

Born To Slay

It was announced as the second single then DWUW replaced it. Venus was moved to a promo single slot.

I know, I is understood what I said

Archived