Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Thoughts on the bulimia criticism

itschris

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucifer

Perez is an idiot, but I don't know. I mean if someone grabs their own poop and smears it on gaga, is that considered "art" too?

sis are you defining art right now? tell me the rules of art.. because I don't know them

Willy Wonka

Perez has always been dragging Gaga...even when she was doing nice things, so his credibility of opinion doesn't matter to me

Demi Lovato is a Gaga fan and perhaps she herself struggled through this, but yeah there is a very abrasive thing to see especially when none of us were expecting that, but lets think back...this is the SECOND time Gaga has done this. First was for TMB interlude...

Why did nobody critisize the "Exorcist" film when it was being played around the world on an big o' IMAX screen? :usrs:

because that wasn't self induced are you serious right now

SEVDALIZA

I am not trying to belittle you or offend you, but I believe you need to reexamine your thoughts. I have not always approved of Gaga's actions, nor do I believe puking is a good means of expressing one's artistry; however, the intention of Gaga's and Millie Brown's performance is more important than my personal beliefs. Gaga did not intend to promote mental illness, and I do not believe the nature of her performance should be twisted in order to suggest that.

This, a hundred times

operating from another world

TimisaMonster

because that wasn't self induced are you serious right now

I don't understand the question :confused:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Well idk, I just feel like it disturbs a lot of people and I'm not sure why you would want to disturb people as an artist. When you see all these people on twitter posting pics sticking their fingers down their throats, they're doing it because their icon did it. My grandmother was like omg!! When she found out about the performance

wahkeenasitka

I've been seeing these disturbing images on LM.com of teenagers putting up mock art / purging images, emulating the Swine performance.. 

I think it's pretty messed up. I think Gaga needs to make a statement speaking against eating disorders & bulimia... it's not okay to be emulating a sick addiction illness. 

532643ab076f50216b8b48b5.jpg

PexySenus

I have binge eating and it was pretty serious (i had been pretty sick and thrown up in the past), and after that performance i've been eating normally, now i have been 3 days clean it's a huge deal for me.  That performance actually helped me so I don't see why people make such a huge deal out of it.

I completely understood now what Gaga said that sometimes something really wrong can actually lead to something greater.  I hope now people see the performance and understand how sick eating disorder is and stop doing it.

Willy Wonka

I don't understand the question :confused:

hahahaha i finally get what youre saying nevermind

YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT TMB INTERLUDE

I THOUGHT YOU MEANT THE EXORCIST HORROR MOVIE

I had bulimia for awhile this didn't offend me at all. I love it. I didn't really link it with being bulimic, but more the act of just puking on Gaga. She's not promoting it at all. :redface:

I just want to start off by saying that I've been a fan of Gaga's since the beginning and I didn't really think anything of the sxsw performance, but I've noticed that quote a few celebrities are pointing out the wrong in the whole vomit "art" performance. Demi Lovato and Perez Hilton have criticized it on social media and I'm beginning to think it is pretty wrong for someone with such a high social status to promote something that affects thousands of people. I think it's a cry for attention and I'm not liking this whole persona. Gaga keeps saying this is "her" and that people don't believe her, but how is it "her" if she's constantly dramatically changing her image and persona. This is not the same gaga that we used to know and love. What are your thoughts? And I don't want to see avid gaga fans saying run or to go kill myself please.

First of all, Perez Hilton's opinion is less important than a cow's opinion in a slaughterhouse

Second of all, I was a bulimic myself, and I just dont see how vomiting promotes bulimia, bulimia is about body shape, insecurities, bullying or whatever, not just for the sake of throwing up

Then I guess her Paparazzi 2009 VMAs performance should be crucified for promoting suicide and self harming right?

vespertine

She's not promoting EDs, there's nothing much to be said except for those haters (Perez).

amen :applause:

Willy Wonka

I think it's a valid criticism that deserves to actually be a--lyzed in context.

TimisaMonster

hahahaha i finally get what youre saying nevermind

YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT TMB INTERLUDE

I THOUGHT YOU MEANT THE EXORCIST HORROR MOVIE

OMG! :megaflop:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived