Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

BTWF Farce: more spent on lawyers than event organisation

Yoshi

Featured Posts

Now the latest federal tax report is in for Lady Gaga’s Born this Way Foundation, and it’s not good news. Despite spending $348,000 in 2012 on their outreach bus tour, the Born this Way Foundation otherwise managed to fritter away around $1.5 million on legal fees, publicity, and a website.

The foundation, which lists Gaga’s lovely mom, Cynthia Germanotta, as president, had a lot of expenses in 2012 that had nothing to do with helping anyone. They spent $300,000 on “Strategic Consulting (web, digital),†$62,836 on “Stage Productions (Harvard, LA, UN),†$50,000 on “Social Media,†and another almost $50,000 on “Event Coordination.â€

What?

Born this Way also spent: $808,661 on “otherâ€; $406,552 on “Legalâ€; $150,000 on “Philanthropic Consultingâ€; $60,000 on “researchâ€; 58,768 on “Publicity feesâ€; $78,000 on “travelâ€. They spent $72,000 on salaries– presumably for running the Born this Way bus, although that episode had its own expense line.

Under ‘grants to organizations or individualsâ€: $ 5000. Five thousand dollars.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/03/11/lady-gaga-foundation-spends-more-on-lawyers-publicity-and-consultants-than-on-charity

slay generous queen, 5000 coins going for post it notes and #monsterstyle :giveup:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J e s s e

Not suprised since they barely do anything other than the brave bus, and share stories on FB.

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

KissKissBang

The BTWF isn't a charity that donates sums of money to anything though, they organize events in order to assist people in stuff like bullying etc (like the born brave bus)... So 5000 under grants is actually less explainable to me than the rest

Helix

I'm not really surprised because they don't do much in like the grand scheme

The BTWF isn't a charity that donates sums of money to anything though, they organize events in order to assist people in stuff like bullying etc (like the born brave bus)... So 5000 under grants is actually less explainable to me than the rest

Judas Oyster

This is bad if it's real... Dunno what to think... It may be a fake article... I think that's what imma go for.

Archived