💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Forbes article shading Gaga

Dolev

Featured Posts

Shame #2: Lady Gaga. Everyone has a price. Now we know hers. For $2 million she’s willing to let a chip company ask her fans to get stupid haircuts in exchange for tickets. Whatever she stands for – whatever causes she’s taken on – I can’t help but think she’s cheapened with this. She’s letting a different brand sully her brand. Also, I never thought I’d use the phrase “kudos to Perez Hilton,†but he’s turned his party this year into a paid event. Hard tickets. Not a free RSVP deal. And guess what? 100 percent of ticket sales will go to VH1′s Save the Music Foundation which supports music education in public schools. That’s how you do it.

Full thing here

edit:

[ADDENDUM #1]- . What we didn’t know until after my original post is that there is indeed a charity component to the Gaga event in that she’s promising a donation to her own “Born This Way†charity. How much, whether it’s from Doritos directly or from her talent fee is unknown. If it’s significant, more power to her/them. The way they’re doling out the tickets is still crass.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The money is going to the Born This Way Foundation you ignorant.

Edit: Still you should do a proper research before writing shít :MANiCURE:

PoshLife

I find it amazing that they published this without looking into whether Gaga would be contributing to charity. Then they had to publish this addendum saying, oh wait, she actually totally is, yet stubbornly implying that it might not be enough. It's very silly. They should feel embarrassed. They did the same thing later in the article again with the festival itself. If you have to publish more than one retraction, you should just take the damned thing down. This can't be how journalism - or even just blogging - works. There has to be some level of accountability.

By the way, she's a pop star. Of course there are going to be weird ways for fans to get tickets. It can't all be online giveaways. I've seen plenty of artists, including Gaga in the past, doing video contests, karaoke contests, scavenger hunts...

Shadow

Since when Forbes cared about charity? They glamorize successful companies and the highest paid artists, executives, and celebrities. They are all about the money until now?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Helix

Poor journalism tbh

I mean, they clearly didn't do their research before making the article and then Forbes put it up on their site without checking it's credibility which I think is very poor for someone like them.

I mean, I can get the point but it's not uncommon for celebrities to do competitions like this AND in my opinion the article comes off as whiny

PoshLife

Important to note this wasn't written by someone at Forbes; it was written by someone who's associated with the music industry (I think they write music reviews for Esquire or something :rip:) on Facebook and some staffer at Forbes picked it up. Then when people pointed out the errors in the post, they had to publish addendums. Multiple, in fact.

They really just need to take this down, it was poorly researched and led to most of their points not making sense.

i agree with them, hate when celebrities do **** like this

especially someone as well off as Gaga

would hate it if my fav artist was in town and the only way i could get tickets was if i had to do some dumb **** because the sponsor is trying to promote their chips flavour 

Since when Forbes cared about charity? They glamorize successful companies and the highest paid artists, executives, and celebrities. They are all about the money until now?

Archived