💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How much longer do you have in this fanbase?

Donatello

240 members have voted

1. 1. How close are you to leaving this fanbase?

• 1 (my laminated stan card is dustproof, waterproof, bulletproof, everything-proof)
    • 10 (I'm holding a lighter to my stan card, with my thumb on the flint wheel)

Featured Posts

msquare91

Ok, I understand. When I said turning your back I meant that how can someone that inspired you meaning nothing to you now, I was always proud for people that inspired me. I didn't say that you owe anything to Gaga, I just found dificult to believe that you lost your respect for someone that meant a lot to you just because you've grown up and changed.

Ohhhh ok, that makes much more sense. Sorry about that, I misunderstood as well. I was pursuing a much more artistic path before (I wanted to be a writer), and so Gaga inspired me as an artist. Now, I'm pursuing a career in technology, so even though I'm inspired by how hard she works, I'm not inspired by her artistically, because I'm not as interested in that stuff anymore. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Ohhhh ok, that makes much more sense. Sorry about that, I misunderstood as well. I was pursuing a much more artistic path before (I wanted to be a writer), and so Gaga inspired me as an artist. Now, I'm pursuing a career in technology, so even though I'm inspired by how hard she works, I'm not inspired by her artistically, because I'm not as interested in that stuff anymore.

So its a lack of interest actually, not a lack of respect, I understand now.

Miel

... 5? I'm not as into her as I used to be (now more a casual enjoyment than anything else), but she's still an incredibly interesting figure. Her works are still worth a--lysis, her music still nice, her performances still great (recent ARTPOP performance on Tonight Show really reinvigorated my interest), so I don't see any reason to jump ship. I'd never jump ship based on her success or "relevancy", only on the quality of her work and how I view her both as a figure and as a human being (as somebody said, I don't think I could stick with her if she became a Neo Nazi eugenics praising homophobe lol).

While I personally had an incredible dive in interest during ARTPOP, it's not horrible. Her intentions for ARTPOP, however nebulous they may be, still has me in.

8. I was all about Gaga during BTW, when I was going through a rough time in my life -- not only personally, but also as a creative person. I was able to live through Gaga, I think. All of her self-affirmations about believing in yourself and being able to do anything you dream of really were a light in a dark time. But I've matured so much since then and no longer need another person to tell me I'm worth it. I've also realized that it's not always as simple as she says it is...anything is possible for her, because she's the one who actually made it. There are so many others who don't. And it doesn't always have to do with believing in yourself, or being talented, or working hard...sometimes it's just luck. And I wasn't lucky enough to make it like I wanted to. But now I'm on an entirely different path that I couldn't have ever imagined, and although it's not as glamorous, I'm so much happier. The message of BTW helped me when I was depressed, but now that I'm happy, I don't rely on Gaga to light up my day. I think it's healthier for me. There's no longer a void that needs to be filled. I was hoping ARTPOP would inspire me in some other, entirely different way, but it seemed to be more of a step backward than anything, at least for me. I didn't really like the music at all, either. A lot depends on if the next album is any good or not. If it's not, I'll find other ways to fill my time.

I don't necessarily agree with all of this, but this is a nice post.

3 points in and ready for more

8-10

I don't really care about what she does daily. TFM-era and beginning of BTW-era were where she was a role model for me, now I don't really see her that way. Besides for me it looks like she's been out of the public eye since the BTWB cancellation, cause for me the ARTPOP-era hasn't really started, I don't see any specific things which scream ARTPOP. I'd thought she would pick up a lot of projects, release awesome videos and so on but everything she does (which amounts to nothing practically) is a let down for me personally. I appreciate the ARTPOP song performances but that's only because it's like the only song I like from the latest album.

But i've changed a lot, my life is totally different and I'm happy the way I am and where my life is heading.

I found my passion, and that's no longer Lady Gaga. 

SwagLikeLG

1. As frustrated as I am right now and how much I wish I COULD leave the fanbase, I honestly don't think i could make myself do it. I love her too much and she's helped me too much for me to ever just leave her.

rivingtonreject

1. Without a doubt

BYE to everyone who picked ten. If your loyalty to Gaga depends on whether or not she's at the top of the charts, you should be stanning for Miley. You should have stanned for Katy last year. In fact, you should be switching fanbases monthly if that's all that realy matters.

In all honesty, the breaks, imo, seem rediculously unproductive and i find them annoying but I DONT KNOW WHAT SHE'S DOING. She's gone through a LOT in the past two reals, and MAJOR changes in the people surrounding her esp. management. Switching from one person's mode of operation to another one's management can be time consuming, not to mention the emotional turmoil she's obviously been through recently. So yeah, the breaks are annoying and are interferring with her commercial performance, but I'm sure there's a damn good reason things are taking as long as they are, considering her work ethic. 

For that reason, I cannot, shall not, will not turn in my stan card over something as basic as "there's no new single on the radio". Get over it.

10 like seriously, 6 months ago I would have said a 1. But all this bullsh*t that been going on recently and contact teasing only to get nothing has pushed me to the limit :MANiCURE:

GagaDragon

I'll only leave if the quality of her music goes down or it doesn't really appeal to me anymore. That could happen soon with some of the people she's rumoured to collab with tbh which i sincerely hope are just baseless rumours.

Even if that happens it won't stop me from playing the **** out of all her old songs.

Also people who want to stop being part of the fandom because she isn't selling LOTS of CD's need to reassess whether they are actually fans of her music.

Ladle Ghoulash

Idk. If I do leave someday, it will probably be because of the fanbase and not Gaga.

YUP

Morphine Prince

No matter how many wrong choices I think she is making this era, I am still a fan just like I was when she first came out. I will die a fan tbh. The music is what matters in the end and she is honestly the first artist I TRULY became a fan of. I got into her when I was 13-14 and I'm 19 and still here :)

Why is this even necessary? Because you're angry because this era isn't planning out the way YOU wanted it to? Wow... 

Why is this even necessary? Because you're angry because this era isn't planning out the way YOU wanted it to? Wow... 

Honey there isn't even an era... :awkney:

Archived