đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What if this is how it will be from now on?

paul

Featured Posts

Whispering

I'm starting to think her previous relationship/communication with us was forced upon by Troy tbh. 

From Gaga's DWUW apology we know that she wasn't fully healed* but Troy still got her to do swinefest. Gaga wanted to carry on sitting on her ass for another decade but Troy pushed her into the spotlight, probably for fear her fans were giving up. Troy did us a favour and we should thank him. There are also interviews of Troy talking (from a business perspective) on the importance of fan relationship.

*I don't believe it for a second. It was just part of her innocent victim role and looking for a credible story that adds up, to justify her failures.

Gaga wasn't sitting on her ass. She was having major surgery, recuperating from that surgery and injury and doing months of physical therapy. She then went straight into recording and preparing for a new era. What do we have Troy to thank for? Pushing her before she was physically and mentally ready? No thanks! The lackadaisical album and single promo? No Thanks!

All the leaks, the VMAs, the Youtube Awards? No Thanks!

I'm glad Gaga fired Troy's disorganized, uncaring ass.

Gaga communicates with her fans because she wants to. No manager can force an artist to have the type of relationship Gaga has with her fans. Crediting Troy for that is Bull****!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

I think perhaps the massive gap for ARTPOP coming out let her have a taste of a quiet life that she's not letting go of any time soon.

Gaga could have very easily decided that she would like to take a different approach to her career. With age, most people tend to see their priorities change somewhat. Perhaps she has decided a life on the road and living in hotels year round is getting old. Maybe she has decided to slow things down and go for a more steady world, instead of always trying to stay on top. That can be exhausting and no one ever stays on top anyhow. Her injury may very well end up being a blessing in the long run.

Gaga could have very easily decided that she would like to take a different approach to her career. With age, most people tend to see their priorities change somewhat. Perhaps she has decided a life on the road and living in hotels year round is getting old. Maybe she has decided to slow things down and go for a more steady world, instead of always trying to stay on top. That can be exhausting and no one ever stays on top anyhow. Her injury may very well end up being a blessing in the long run.

Indeed, I wonder how long it'd take for us to get the message though. Or maybe that's why she isn't stating it outright - she knows how many people would leave her if they thought she wasn't going to be very active.

I just don't understand why she don't do anything for this era anymore  :confused:

it could her best to date But everything fcked up since DWUW

Gaga wasn't sitting on her ass. She was having major surgery, recuperating from that surgery and injury and doing months of physical therapy. She then went straight into recording and preparing for a new era. What do we have Troy to thank for? Pushing her before she was physically and mentally ready? No thanks! The lackadaisical album and single promo? No Thanks!

Gaga communicates with her fans because she wants to. No manager can force an artist to have the type of relationship Gaga has with her fans. Crediting Troy for that is Bull****!

I don't know if I'd accuse Troy so harshly (although I believe Gaga when she says she was pushed, and it disgusts me when people attribute the messiness of the era to her being "lazy" or w/e), but overall I agree with what you're saying, especially the last part... It really baffles me that people think Gaga's fan connection is so ingenuine and calculated. 

Speechless94

My opinion is that Gaga was not ready to embark on this 'era'. 6 months after major surgery she was already performing and promoting. If anything, that might have been Troy's push but tbh, I would not have minded waiting a few more months for the album if it meant that she would be physically, thematically, and promotionally prepared. 

Donatello

No manager can force an artist to have the type of relationship Gaga has with her fans. Crediting Troy for that is Bull****!

I'm not saying Troy dictated Gaga's type of relationship with fans. Gaga was always in control of the content, it was genuine. Think of a mother pulling her children out of bed in the morning. That's what Troy was doing. Troy was the catalyst for this relationship and made sure Gaga was in touch with us as much as possible.

Even Gaga's former friend Brendan, who speaks nothing but praise for her, says how surprised he was of her involvement with fans. He knew her before (heard Paparazzi before anyone), and just after her rise to fame with the Just Dance MV, and her only intention was purely to become a star (to perform in NY's MSG), not to serve a community.

Whispering

I'm not saying Troy dictated Gaga's type of relationship with fans. Gaga was always in control of the content, it was genuine. Think of a mother pulling her children out of bed in the morning. That's what Troy was doing. Troy was the catalyst for this relationship and made sure Gaga was in touch with us as much as possible.

Even Gaga's former friend Brendan, who speaks nothing but praise for her, says how surprised he was of her involvement with fans. He knew her before (heard Paparazzi before anyone), and just after her rise to fame with the Just Dance MV, and her only intention was purely to become a star (to perform in NY's MSG), not to serve a community.

Absolutely not!

The catalyst for Gaga's relationship was meeting her fans along the way. The young fans that shared their stories with her personally and sent her letters that detailed their family situations or the way people treated them in school or in the world. Gaga is an extremely sensitive, caring, empathetic person and those stories were the catalyst for her unusual relationship with her fans. Those stories are what propelled her...NOT some manager telling her to get a relationship with fans.

To credit Troy with something like that is demeaning to Gaga as a person and it tells me you don't get her and what motivates her in any way.

BTW, people change with life experiences, especially from their early 20s to 7 years later and especially when you have 15 year olds telling you that you saved their lives. (or when you have young kids sending you goodbye messages and then committing suicide) You really don't think much of Gaga if you don't think these types of events, week after week, for years, could have impacted her deeply and changed her in a significant way?

Maybe you are different? Maybe these types of fan interventions wouldn't impact you in any significant way and you would need an outside force, like a manager, pushing you to care and communicate with your fans? Maybe you are projecting your hardened outlook on life and your relationship dynamics with others on Gaga? She is a different person than you. It is beyond obvious that she has been affected on a deep emotional level and that she cares (probably too much at times) for her fans.

djBuffoon

Absolutely not!

The catalyst for Gaga's relationship was meeting her fans along the way. The young fans that shared their stories with her personally and sent her letters that detailed their family situations or the way people treated them in school or in the world. Gaga is an extremely sensitive, caring, empathetic person and those stories were the catalyst for her unusual relationship with her fans. Those stories are what propelled her...NOT some manager telling her to get a relationship with fans.

To credit Troy with something like that is demeaning to Gaga as a person and it tells me you don't get her and what motivates her in any way.

BTW, people change with life experiences, especially from early 20s to 7 years later and especially when you have 15 year olds telling you that you saved their lives. (or when you have young kids sending you goodbye messages and then committing suicide) You really don't think much of Gaga if you don't think these types of events, week after week, for years, could have impacted her deeply and changed her in a significant way.

Maybe you are different? Maybe these types of fan interventions wouldn't impact you in any significant way and you would need an outside force, like a manager, pushing you to care and communicate with your fans? Maybe you are projecting your hardened outlook on life and your relationship dynamics with others on Gaga? She is a different person than you. It is beyond obvious that she has been impacted on a deep emotional level and that she cares (probably too much at times) for her fans.

:applause: :applause:

Donatello

x

You're arguing with yourself  :awkney:  

Let's make a distinction here. I'm talking about Gaga's interaction with the world via social media, you're talking about her message and motivation in music.

Sure, fans' stories made her upset and affected her musical direction. They didn't suddenly make her tweet, facebook, instagram and post gagavisions. Again, I'm not saying Troy controlled content and made everything aritficial, I'm saying Troy forced/instructed/advised her to KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FANS.

Here's a fictitious example:

Troy: "Gaga we're going to make weekly videos on Youtube to keep your fans up to date with your life"

Gaga: "Okay Troy, I'm going to name it Gagavision and [....]"

Her team's campaign until BTW was to use social media and to build a relationship with fans, Gaga is widely credited (thanks to Troy's strategy) as being the first artist to utilise platforms like twitter to facilitate her career.

If you want to carry on arguing about how genuine her motivation is, please don't quote me as I'm not arguing for that  :awkney:

Whispering

x

If you want to carry on arguing about how genuine her motivation is, please don't quote me as I'm not arguing for that

x

rivingtonrebels

I'm not down with Troy bashing.  He was smart enough pre BTW Ball to understand that Gaga had lost the support of the GP and made the decision to market her towards 'super fans' - ie. a smaller more dedicated following.  

Troy and her team were definitely behind the STRATEGY (make it seem as personal and real as you want, it IS a marketing strategy) to foster her way-too-close relationship with her fanbase.  

Her team's campaign until BTW was to use social media and to build a relationship with fans, Gaga is widely credited (thanks to Troy's strategy) as being the first artist to utilise platforms like twitter to facilitate her career.

This is 100% true.

And yes her team probably pushed her to get back out there sooner after recovery than she may have been ready for, I get that.  After Troy's departure they had to re-configure Gaga's whole plan for 2014 probably.  

high heeled fem

Well, that's depressing  :(

yeah it really is she's just ignoring us...she could totally make a post on LM or twitter, and address when we are even getting a new single & what number the single is :toofunny: but she won't even do that.....iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

.....so shes either depressed or im not sure, even a tweet with info every 3 weeks just something

oprah5.gif

high heeled fem

AMEN

nm5Kn.gif

Archived