💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Explain the J&D hate.

Mr Josh

Featured Posts

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lyrics are amazing, the beat is amazing.

I somehow find the song to be boring overall but taken individually I think each part of the song is amazing.

LadyGagasGodSon

I used to not to be into it so much until one of my friends who likes hip/hop / rap music commented something like "I don't know, I actually like it! Doesn't it make you feel like such a badass?" Then I realized it's not that bad  :fan: I mean what's so wrong with "young pancakes" when she sang about being bought eggs in the morning?  :derpga:

You are small men. You are not worthy to rule the Dothraki.

J&D is hands-down, the best song on AP. The production is so inspiring and innovative, I have never heard anything like it b4. I like how she incorporated some strings in the front part of the music, it gives a very country vibe to the song. T.I.'s cough and bland verse are two of the smartest moves I've seen. It's like a parody, mocking how meaningless rap can be sometime.

LG verse really delivers this cutting-edge cool white girl gonna rap persona and her first chorus really shows how diverse and artist she can be. Her vocals really stand out from the production, it gets me into this party mood. All high and artRAVE. It really shows how talented LG is. I am so proud of her for championing that as an artist it's about love and not money; jewels but not d--gs. Money and d--gs are really negative and should not be a distraction from the artist.

I like how the production from the choruses segue into the next verse. I find it very clever to use the cheesy interruptive beats - it pokes fun of lazy production. There are so many melodic variation in the production and this is clearly not a four-chord song, therefore it is much innovative than other basic songs. This really pushes the envelope, pushes the boundary of pop music and hip-hop/rap, merging the two genres and pushing everyone's buttons. One sequin at a time.

And overall the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. I like how it is so layered with many metaphors that I don't understand. This whole confusing lyrics and production really connects with how my life is so confusing. I am sure the general public do not understand this music, and if this were released as a single the public will have lukewarm response. But all the better, the public is too basic. It's not about the charts it's about the music. When she writes this music, it's the music not the bling she has in mind. The music not the charts. LG is the best and with this song as it shows she is courageous enough to dive into waters no other pop entertainer would be stupid enough to tap.

:pawsup:  #Monster4Life

Speechless18

It feels like a 'Hustle Gang ft. Lady Gaga' song, rather than the other way around.

This more than anything else for me. The whole song just sounds so cheap and not at all deserving of having Gaga on it. No other song sounds as cheap as JnD.

Joaco95

It's like.. the only good song on ARTPOP.

I guess gay wanted basic EDM pop.

YET people really like Dope, like smh.

My only issue with it is it's not a Gaga song. It's Gaga for like 45 seconds,then it's T.I.,Too $hort,and Twista the other 3 minutes of the song.

Pain of fame1

Rap music is scary to some of these kids.

It is a quite good song but in my opinion Red Flame or Ratchet are wait better. And i've just heard some little snippets...i hope they leak along with TEA, Onion Girl..

It's not my favourite off ARTPOP (since I'm not that much into rap/hip hop, and I'm more a pop kind of g.u.y.

:derpga:

), but it's not as bad as many people think. And Jesus in Heaven, the beat is SO SICK. The production is absolutely amazing, especially when she performes it live and it has the little DJWS breakdown :legend:

Didymus

um.......i.........uh..........

wut

I meant innovative, original and interesting for her career anyway. The only adventurous track on that album and the only one that made me half-convinced that she had been serious about her whole "dipping into different musical genres" bs.

aaronyoji

I meant innovative, original and interesting for her career anyway. The only adventurous track on that album and the only one that made me half-convinced that she had been serious about her whole "dipping into different musical genres" bs.

see i feel like this can be said about aura, Jewels N' Drugs? not so much. also it maybe a different genre and a leap of faith but that doesnt make it good. its poorly executed imo, and just kinda lame. i mean it can get worse, i listen to it from time to time and enjoy the beats, but aesthetically i find it very weak and unnatural. 

Archived