Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do a lot of people seem to hate Dope?

IAmTheX

Featured Posts

It doesn't matter to me if you like the song or not. Just pointing out the ignorance in the statement I quoted in my OP.

And I'm not your sis.

Yet you persist

The song is far from rehabilitation of the issue, and the lyrics do a god awful job of portraying it

It was also one of her worst live, because she can't hit the high notes without actually screaming, continuing to further damage her vocal chords

The production is minimal, but it's two synth lines, and needs more

The voice is awful and slurred, only to compliment the awful lyrics about a concept that she's well aware of

It's not ignorance, it's simply pointing out the fact that she's treating her relationship with another human/substance as addictive, and me not having an addictive personality, I quite frankly find it dumb and childish

Keep trying though :coffee:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MoneyFameSex

It's not the song... It's the fact that the song is on ARTPOP...

The cd is like a Friday night Karaoke bar.. It's all happy and cheerful till a Debby downer walks on stage and starts singing a depressing song making everyone leave

Whispering

Yet you persist

The song is far from rehabilitation of the issue, and the lyrics do a god awful job of portraying it

It was also one of her worst live, because she can't hit the high notes without actually screaming, continuing to further damage her vocal chords

The production is minimal, but it's two synth lines, and needs more

The voice is awful and slurred, only to compliment the awful lyrics about a concept that she's well aware of

It's not ignorance, it's simply pointing out the fact that she's treating her relationship with another human/substance as addictive, and me not having an addictive personality, I quite frankly find it dumb and childish

Keep trying though :coffee:

What do you not understand about this...

It makes no difference to me if you like the song or not! It doesn't matter if you like the lyrics, the melody, Gaga's vocal tone, the instrumentals, the productions... Hate on all of it...I DON'T CARE!

Your statement on addiction was ignorant and the only part I was addressing.

What do you not understand about this...

It makes no difference to me if you like the song or not! It doesn't matter if you like the lyrics, the melody, Gaga's vocal tone, the instrumentals, the productions... Hate on all of it...I DON'T CARE!

Your statement on addiction was ignorant and the only part I was addressing.

And I just explained it :MANiCURE:

Cameron Dallas

Because it's not a gay dance pop song

Personally I think it's her best song. So emotional, and every element of the song (speech, melody, lyrics, etc) contributes to the story of her struggle and does a damn good job

lavenderblondee

Dope is such a great song when you get into it. It truly captures her spirit at the time and I love it, regardless of how emotionally brutal it is.  Although I expected more from RR. I think my only complaint, and alot of complaints I think, is the "More than DOPE" part. I think the song is 100% until the "dope" part.  Also, people aren't used to this kind of Gaga. I think it's one of the most honest songs to date by her. The whole album is fun and dance-y and then we get THIS. It's great, but a shocker.

In the long run, dope is probably the best suiting word to use, but it just makes it seem awkward and ill fiting. But, I've grown to like the word in the song, more.

I think what I relate to most is, how emotional I feel when listening to dope. I can't help but feel depressed or agree with her when I listen to it. She really hit the message strong.

Interludicrous

I can't relate to using d--gs but I can relate to pushing people away because of mistakes I made. I see "dope" as a metaphor for everything selfish I've ever done that has somehow affected my friends and family. "I need you more than dope" simply means that you need love and friendship more than whatever selfish, destructive habit you have.

I mean, when you sing along to "I'm still in love with Judas baby", are you literally in love with someone called Judas?

And I love the song sonically. Her vocals really represent how beaten down she was and hit the high notes perfectly for a song like this. And the bass gives me chills everytime, it really hits hard. It's definitely a song that you should listen with bass-enhancing earbuds + software.

Easily Top 5 Gaga songs for me.

Anthagio

Because fans don't like anything that's not a club banger.

I was hoping to hear Princess DIE on the album. Gaga herself told that record company forced her to write a ballad after the whole Adele thing. She sayed that OK and that's how Dope was born. I personally don't like the song.

I can't relate to using d--gs but I can relate to pushing people away because of mistakes I made. I see "dope" as a metaphor for everything selfish I've ever done that has somehow affected my friends and family. "I need you more than dope" simply means that you need love and friendship more than whatever selfish, destructive habit you have.

I mean, when you sing along to "I'm still in love with Judas baby", are you literally in love with someone called Judas?

And I love the song sonically. Her vocals really represent how beaten down she was and hit the high notes perfectly for a song like this. And the bass gives me chills everytime, it really hits hard. It's definitely a song that you should listen with bass-enhancing earbuds + software.

Easily Top 5 Gaga songs for me.

I feel the same way. I think it's a very relatable song if you look past the surface, and IMO it's a great song. 

Regardless, I don't understand why people use relatability as a reason to like/dislike a song. That's not a factor for me, personally. Not that I don't like that feeling of relation, it's just not something that affects what I think of a song...

I personally love it, but I can see why the vocals or the fact that it sort of brings down the mood of ARTPOP would turn people off.

La Primavera

I'm more into up-tempo dance/pop songs. And idk, it kinda makes me depressed and I DO NOT WANT THAT.

the way she sings "I need u more than dope" , makes me cringe . ....like it's forced emotion...... I never play it...

Archived