💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's not the songs, It's Gaga - Thoughts?

JackMonster

Featured Posts

Ronk

Yeah I wish people would just look past how they (wrongly) perceive Gaga and just listen to her. Listen to her music, listen to her incredible voice, listen to her play piano, listen to the things she says.

She is such an amazing person and so many people don't know it because there is some sort of stigma against Gaga.

It actually upsets me because Gaga really can make a HUGE difference, but people refuse to listen because she is Lady Gaga.

This is true, but people are people and have their own views which are sometimes misconceptions.  Sometimes they discover their ideas were wrong and they change.  I think Gaga's popularity will increase over time as people learn the truth.

Tbh, I was in that boat.  Until September 2010 I wouldn't listen to, watch, or read about Gaga.  Like my friends, I thought anyone who would take a name like Lady Gaga, dress like a freak, and act like a freak is just another one of those no-talent people trying to make a living solely from drawing attention of the media.  Then, in spite of myself I accidentally discovered Gaga's talent before I had the chance to change the channel.  Then from interviews I learned that she is really a great person.  I have been a fan ever since.  This gives me hope others will also learn the truth about Gaga.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kaojen

I'm super annoyed that even Gaga's own fans can't stop pitting her against Katy Perry.

JUST STOP.

In my honest opinion, Katy and Gaga are not even close to the same caliber. Katy may be safe and GP friendly, but if you put her in a room by herself she wouldn't be able to pen her own hit. Her songs are written by her and like 4 other people.

Edge of Glory was BTW's second biggest hit and was written by Gaga herself.

Katy would not be able to own an album like ARTPOP and music's success has more to do with what the industry wants to be successful.

The media and GP RARELY notice talent and focus on what is popular at the time, and it looks as though monsters are starting to steer that way too.

Gaga's albums keep getting better, and if she doesn't get another top 10 hit WHATEVER.

You will all live.

Cliff notes: Katy and the GP are basic and generic. Gaga is great and ARTPOP was successful for me and my ears and everyone else doesn't matter.

Sorry not sorry.

djBuffoon

I'm super annoyed that even Gaga's own fans can't stop pitting her against Katy Perry.

JUST STOP.

In my honest opinion, Katy and Gaga are not even close to the same caliber. Katy may be safe and GP friendly, but if you put her in a room by herself she wouldn't be able to pen her own hit. Her songs are written by her and like 4 other people.

Edge of Glory was BTW's second biggest hit and was written by Gaga herself.

Katy would not be able to own an album like ARTPOP and music's success has more to do with what the industry wants to be successful.

The media and GP RARELY notice talent and focus on what is popular at the time, and it looks as though monsters are starting to steer that way too.

Gaga's albums keep getting better, and if she doesn't get another top 10 hit WHATEVER.

You will all live.

Cliff notes: Katy and the GP are basic and generic. Gaga is great and ARTPOP was successful for me and my ears and everyone else doesn't matter.

Sorry not sorry.

All of this.

Optimus

Not some people calling the GP basic just because they are not buying ARTPOP :toofunny:

If the music had been good enough, relatable enough Gaga would have slayed. The hype for her comeback was big. But she chose for her lead single a song about koons, art, pop culture. The ARTPOP era was killed before even it started. If she had given the GP a hit like Poker Face the momentum for the era could have been insane. But on the other hand a lot of people hate Gaga because she is so into gays and the casual listener doesnt want even to listen to her songs.Thats it. If she choses to slow down with this gay things and look like a normal 27 yrs old girl people would warm to her and WOULD GIVE HER SONGS A LISTEN and eventually buy them.

ladygaga1984

Not some people calling the GP basic just because they are not buying ARTPOP :toofunny:

If the music had been good enough, relatable enough Gaga would have slayed. The hype for her comeback was big. But she chose for her lead single a song about koons, art, pop culture. The ARTPOP era was killed before even it started. If she had given the GP a hit like Poker Face the momentum for the era could have been insane. But on the other hand a lot of people hate Gaga because she is so into gays and the casual listener doesnt want even to listen to her songs.Thats it. If she choses to slow down with this gay things and look like a normal 27 yrs old girl people would warm to her and WOULD GIVE HER SONGS A LISTEN and eventually buy them.

Well if that´s the case then I want Gaga to continue doing excellent music for us gays!!! Who cares about the brainless straight GP who needs simple-minded music. At least we know how to appreciate good music. Madonna has always done it and look how far she got! ;) And I really disagree with you... the music in ARTPOP is excellent! And if you think the opposite then you have no idea how to appreciate pop music. The pop in ARTPOP couldn't actually be better. It´s the promotion that´s missing. Still today I listen to applause everyday on the radio... and not roar for example. And give me a break, the album is doing excellent in terms of sales. Just because it´s not selling like BTW it doesn´t mean it´s not a success. If she can sell these many albums with just one music video, imagine how much the album would sell with 3 or 4 singles/music videos. Now go and listen to some straight friendly ****ty and simple-minded pop music mate. 

ladygaga1984

ARTPOP is amazing. But the GP see Gaga is associated to it and completely shut her out without giving it a chance.

I´m sorry but what you´re saying is wrong. Of course the GP gives a chance to Gaga and likes Gaga's music. Look how much applause was played on the radio and the longevity of the song is absolutely incredible. Some times I feel you people just talk straight out of your ass, because you´re not getting what you want from Gaga. I´m frustrated as well with the lack of promotion and info, but let´s not kid ourselves when it comes to the facts. Gaga is one of the biggest popstars on the planet with a legion of fans and with incredible sale figures when it comes to her albums and touring. Don't think for a second that only fanatics of Gaga like us in this forum go to her concert, it's mostly GP. Next time you go to her concert try to see beyond the screaming hysterical fans. 

MessyTop

i love the album, but the problem i think was the titile "ARTPOP" critics and GP put it in another light cause of the "Art" aspect and made fun of it. Plus besides some lyrics she never actually gave us the Art (besides the Rave and the Cover)

The idea was there but the execution well as we all know so far didnt happen.

Optimus

Well if that´s the case then I want Gaga to continue doing excellent music for us gays!!! Who cares about the brainless straight GP who needs simple-minded music. At least we know how to appreciate good music. Madonna has always done it and look how far she got! ;) And I really disagree with you... the music in ARTPOP is excellent! And if you think the opposite then you have no idea how to appreciate pop music. The pop in ARTPOP couldn't actually be better. It´s the promotion that´s missing. Still today I listen to applause everyday on the radio... and not roar for example. And give me a break, the album is doing excellent in terms of sales. Just because it´s not selling like BTW it doesn´t mean it´s not a success. If she can sell these many albums with just one music video, imagine how much the album would sell with 3 or 4 singles/music videos. Now go and listen to some straight friendly ****ty and simple-minded pop music mate. 

Im not gay and I want Gaga to make music for all. I cant reale to songs like BTW, Hair etc. And that where the problem is. Gaga has lost almost all her straight fans and they dont wanna give her new songs a listen, lt alone buying it

XoXoJoanneGaga

Yeah I wish people would just look past how they (wrongly) perceive Gaga and just listen to her. Listen to her music, listen to her incredible voice, listen to her play piano, listen to the things she says.

She is such an amazing person and so many people don't know it because there is some sort of stigma against Gaga.

It actually upsets me because Gaga really can make a HUGE difference, but people refuse to listen because she is Lady Gaga.

ARTPOP is amazing. But the GP see Gaga is associated to it and completely shut her out without giving it a chance.

It reminds me of why she was crying backstage at the Monster Ball on HBO. "People see wigs and lipstick and shut down because they don't understand". It makes me sad.

It's not Gaga's fault an it's not that ARTPOP isn't good enough. It's the medias fault for only printing negative things about Gaga and ARTPOP.

I wish Gaga and her fans wouldn't play the victim card. You talk about Gaga's amazing voice, which she does have, but is that apparent on this album? The whole album is electronic except for Dope, her voice doesn't exactly sound incredible here, it's very computerized and the music is more EDM.

If Gaga makes a real personal album and markets it well it will be a hit. I can't believe people think an album called ARTPOP, that not even Gaga herself could explain the concept to, would be a big success. The cards were stacked against it from the start and then on top of that the promotion was terrible and she fired her manager in the middle of it. It's not the public or the media's fault, this just wasn't a successful album campaign and it didn't give non-fans any good reason to care. It happens to every artist at least once in their career 

Katy could make anything a hit tbh

cuz she sell trash. and stop marketing her like she's some big sh*t. 

and ARTPOP is a still great album, so heres 'Hello'.

tumblr_inline_n1q1sesZ9I1r2q2n4.jpg

tokyodisko

Honestly, I think it's Gaga. She still thinks she has this fascinating mystique about her, but people don't see it. Besides stans no one hangs on every word she says or asks what Gaga will do next. She now has to promote herself like most other pop stars. She can still do her thing and get hits without being too commercial. But I actually like Gaga more when she is sort of commercial, because it's still very tongue in cheek. 

LittleBoot

It's both, in my opinion.

Gaga's artistic endeavours and persona ended up overshadowing her music -- music that, by her standards and what she's capable of, I personally don't think is her best, or at the very least, doesn't measure up to all of the art and theatrics (but I'm the first to admit that musical opinions are very subjective.)

The song on the album that I think had the most potential with the GP was DWUW. And the ball was completely dropped with it. Put in a different singer besides R. Kelly, promote it properly and have a great video, it would have probably been a bigger hit than it was. But I still think it would have been just a modest hit. She lost some appeal with the GP in her artistic direction. Artistic license and positive public opinion do not always go hand in hand, and I think she and some of her fans will have to just accept it and move on.

That said, I don't think a successful reinvention is impossible for her. It all depends on how she plays her cards.

poker-players-poker-strategy-lady-gaga.j

Mythos

Both i would say, ARTPOP imho is not so good and she is doing the rest. It started with the first single Applause, after calling Popmergency and all the Drama after that...

It just wasn't her year, but i hope she can recover and fight again like she used to.

I think it's Gaga, people are turned off by her. Not saying that ARTPOP is her best because I believe BTW was but the music on ARTPOP offers a lot of diversity that even the general public might enjoy, they just don't give her a chance.

I agree. I think maybe some people are turned off by her because of her crazy, weird, amazing style (I think she has referred to it as "shock-pop" or "shock-art" before in the Jean Paul interview, though I'm not sure) that not a lot of people appreciate. I'm not saying that she shouldn't be herself, because by all means, she should be; I'm just saying that many people do not appreciate "out of the ordinary" things. 

Oh! And then there are the people who do not appreciate true talent and would rather listen to a computer  make someone sound so much better than they really do.

And to answer the first posters question: Personally, I only like 3 songs of Katy Perry's, so with that said, I don't think Katy would have been able to pull ARTPOP off. She can keep R-O-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-R-ing.

SummerGirl21

If Britney released ARTPOP it would be hailed as iconic and forward-thinking

this is so true. 

Archived