a. succeed

b. fail miserably

c. do well but have it's original concept changed bc of the public's reception

d. be cancelled

Place your bets.

ZzbbIkN.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife

I don't have enough expertise to make a real prediction. I think it'll come down to the music. I mean SM has enough re$ources to spend on making this successful if they really want to, and there's clearly appetite for kpop in all the countries/regions mentioned. So I think how successful it is will depend on whether audiences connect with the music itself, and whether the promotions are actually as localized as they're supposed to be (meaning, it really feels like a kpop group is developing in South America, as opposed to a Korean group coming in to dominate the market, check the box, then leave).

What do you think?

PopReaper

imo it will most likely succeed at first, just because of the huge audience SM has, but I don't see the "members will join and leave freely" thing going very far. People get attached, and the only place rotational groups have ever worked is in Japan, so I'm guessing they will pull a Super Junior and stick with the original members for some time. The original members being replaced every 5/7/10 years by a new "generation" might work, tho.

(inb4 all the members from that Brazilian group Champs debut under NCT-B :gaycat:)

YCHofficial

From what I know the different teams will sing the same song in different languages.. 

Korean in Korea.. Chinese in China, Japanese in Japan... 

But i'd find it weird if a K-Pop group would sing in Spanish/Portugese :emma:

PoshLife

I didn't realize it was supposed to be rotational. Yeah, that's not a good idea. People become fiercely loyal to their biases and while I'm sure there would be a core of fans of the group, if you're constantly changing the members, then it isn't really the same group.

Though tell that to 4Ten tbh :emma:

PopReaper

I wonder what this means to their future groups. Will this (technically) be their last boygroup? Will they release a female counterpart to NCT if it succeeds? :duck:

46 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I don't have enough expertise to make a real prediction. I think it'll come down to the music. I mean SM has enough re$ources to spend on making this successful if they really want to, and there's clearly appetite for kpop in all the countries/regions mentioned. So I think how successful it is will depend on whether audiences connect with the music itself, and whether the promotions are actually as localized as they're supposed to be (meaning, it really feels like a kpop group is developing in South America, as opposed to a Korean group coming in to dominate the market, check the box, then leave).

What do you think?

kpop is dead in Japan tho, that's why K-POP bands are moving to China

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

YCHofficial
13 minutes ago, MARLON BRANDO said:

kpop is dead in Japan tho, that's why K-POP bands are moving to China

What happened, this is a normal post. Where is your -insert japanese group- random ass promo ;O

3 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

What happened, this is a normal post. Where is your -insert japanese group- random ass promo ;O

AKB48 hasn't released anything new :(

but I was watching an AKB48 performance

UZA live at Music Station

https://vk.com/video-81540396_170631127

ps: I hate the fact that you can't find all the J-POP music, videos and performances in youtube like you do with K POP singers, it's really frustrating

PoshLife

I thought acts like Nu'est, U-KISS, Supernova/Choshinsei, SHINee, SNSD, and BoA still did well in Japan when they actually promote there.

But it still makes more sense for them to spend their time in China. The market's just huge compared to Korea and Japan.

3 hours ago, PoshLife said:

I thought acts like Nu'est, U-KISS, Supernova/Choshinsei, SHINee, SNSD, and BoA still did well in Japan when they actually promote there.

But it still makes more sense for them to spend their time in China. The market's just huge compared to Korea and Japan.

Girl The Korean Music market alone is bigger than China, the piracy there is the worst in the world

ARTPOP went platinum therw when it sold like 5 thousand copies:air:

BOA, SNSD and KARA were slaying in Japan in the past, but since 2014 things have been going down for K-POP in Japan, japanese people just got tired of it and prefer their own Japanese groups instead, AKB48 has been #1 group in Japan since 2009 but it's Baby Metal and E-Girls the ones that have Japan's attention right now

plus political conflicts between Japan and Korea have been disastrous for anything korean-related in Japan

I COULD F.U.C.K THE **** OUT OF Kojima Haruna from AKB48 if she gave me the chance

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived