Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Not a joke: In the industry/GP mindset, did katy perry replace lady G?

leoj

Featured Posts

Proofs that Boonie will be bigger than her? I don't think she will given the fact that she flopped last year...

GP had no idea who she was

Her songs are ideal for summer, and with Katy going to tour, Gaga going to tour, Miley doing w/e she is now, and Beyonce riding off the success of her album, her team has a perfect promo opportunity.

Her hit could be the next Tik Tok, cause she's working with Dr. Luke

That's when you'll know who Bonnie is

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because people don't know who she is? Mckee is one of the biggest song writers in the industry.. she wrote most of katy's biggest songs

I know who she is and that's why I truly believe she won't have success as a performer.  :) 

Her songs are ideal for summer, and with Katy going to tour, Gaga going to tour, Miley doing w/e she is now, and Beyonce riding off the success of her album, her team has a perfect promo opportunity.

We'll see  ;)

Der Meister

Who has the most memorable #1 singles?

Katy Perry and Rihanna they have so many #1s that you might not even know their single names! And you don't know because they're not memorable! They're just another radio hit, it's gonna be forgotten anyway.

I know who she is and that's why I truly believe she won't have success as a performer.  :) 

We'll see  ;)

it's sad too.. when I saw her perform her songs that she gave to britney and katy.. she completely blew those singers away with her talent.. and how she really seemed to have a connection to those songs

but why is she trying to get people back? When she sold out STADIUMS for the first time in her career back in 2012... and in some of 2013????

You can maybe say that for the U.S... but why did she play victim.. at the start of this era.. when BORN THIS WAY and especially THE FAME was the OPPOSITE OF THAT.. ??

No no, I'm not saying she wants people back. She totally has a lot of support all over the globe. What I'm saying is that she is maybe doing this on purpose so her yet to come new outfits, performances and videos have that shock value again after a year of playing normal.

Hahaha is this a joke? Katy is pure cold plastic, she isn't genuine whatsoever and he songs are extremely cheesy. She kinda reminds me of Hilary Duff in a way, talentless and bland. Give me ARTPOP anyday please, thanks.

DrewStevens

Well Katy has always been big, since her first single and she came before Gaga. 

Saying that Katy remplaced Gaga is like saying that Rihanna remplaced Madonna.

and Katy is not controversial so I don't see her being more than a chart/radio icon.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Gaga is really not in the limelight anymore. Things are very different than they were a couple of years ago. Most people don't know she has an album out, and they don't find her polarizing anymore, they just wonder "what happened to her", "where did she go" etc.

However, that's not a bad thing, she's just having an off era. People still have interest in her, and they know she's talented, ARTPOP just isn't the album to capitalize on that interest/talent. She can have a huge comeback era if she wants to.

As for Katy, she didn't take Gaga's place. Katy had 5 #1 hits with TD, so it's not like she's any more successful now, she's just continuing her success, and they're in relatively different lanes.

Dean Winchester

To the GP, Lady Gaga will always be bigger than Katy Perry.  This was evident during when they announced the nominees for Best International Female at the Brits this year.  Gaga got the biggest audience scream probably of the whole night even though she wasn't even there.  And people were even chanting her name when they were about to announce the winner.  To the GP, it ain't that much about sales, its more about impact the star has on pop culture.  Gaga has become a household name, like Freud in the sense that when people see something crazy/weird they say "That's so gaga" just like people say "That's so Freudian".  Gaga's already solidified her place in the industry, and its impossible for anyone to "replace" her.  Katy tops the charts, but that is all she does.  Her hits are forgettful and have little to no impact.  I'd compare Katy's music to fast-food, its easy to digest and access so the GP gobbles it up but gaga's music is more like fine dining food, when you get a taste of it you know its quality, thus making it more memorable.  

Well Katy has always been big, since her first single and she came before Gaga. 

Saying that Katy remplaced Gaga is like saying that Rihanna remplaced Madonna.

you know.. you have a point..

but the thing is madonna.. had a huge career.. and remained mega relevant.. from the 80s to well into the 90s and even some of the 2000s...

gaga so far has stayed relevant.. but this industry is different.. her BIG BREAKS.. imo have affected her.. success.. dramatically.. the first one in 2010.. was imo huge.. for her radio success.. then the 2012 one.. imo where she went poof.. and it was all katy and rihanna on the radio for 4 years straight.. that changed a lot for gaga imo.. s

Bonnie is great, but she is not young enough for the demographic she is writing for. Katy is the perfect vehicle for her songs, looks-wise, age-wise, voice-wise, persona-wise. Those songs and Katy's persona made the magic combination.

Gaga, IMHO, needs another magic collaborator. Someone she listens to, and who is an equal to her. It's not DJWS.

ARTPOP just doesn't have the hits on the same level of TF or TFM. It's a nice album. It's just not a hit album, that's all. It's also not offering anything groundbreaking on art level. Yes, it's fun, look, it's Gaga dressed as Venus. But that's not groundbreaking.

At the end of the day, the public cares about the song most. Or a singer's persona, like in the case of Beyonce. Americans like beautiful, perfect, shiny things/people. That's a fact - be it a perfect pop song or a perfect looking girl. Gaga's blessing and curse is in being different. Sometimes she uses it to her advantage. Sometimes not.

To the GP, Lady Gaga will always be bigger than Katy Perry.  This was evident during when they announced the nominees for Best International Female at the Brits this year.  Gaga got the biggest audience scream probably of the whole night even though she wasn't even there.  And people were even chanting her name when they were about to announce the winner.  To the GP, it ain't that much about sales, its more about impact the star has on pop culture.  Gaga has become a household name, like Freud in the sense that when people see something crazy/weird they say "That's so gaga" just like people say "That's so Freudian".  Gaga's already solidified her place in the industry, and its impossible for anyone to "replace" her.  Katy tops the charts, but that is all she does.  Her hits are forgettful and have little to no impact.  I'd compare Katy's music to fast-food, its easy to digest and access so the GP gobbles it up but gaga's music is more like fine dining food, when you get a taste of it you know its quality, thus making it more memorable.  

I really wish the GP felt that way..

and I wish that what u said is and was true.. but.. I mean.. if gaga is fine dining and she costs as much as fast food.. why would you ever pick fast food?

Archived