Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Why is Zedd slacking?

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laceface

She felt in love with this Song so much and wanted to have it, and that is understandable imo, cause it does sound beyond amazing. The first time i heard Aura i freaked out and imagined what kinda of epic experimental piece of art we are going to get with ARTPOP, and the rest is history... :laughga:  

True, her voice does make it better and it's very theatrical and Gaga, but it's SO SIMILAR ahhhh  :shrug:

QueenMortuana

Zedds two biggest songs are on the radio. They are one in the same and he made it for the purpose of the radio. Has anyone listened to Zedds old productions or even Clarity(album)? That album is all together lyrically, and musically better than ARTPOP. come hack my head off but that's what I believe. Him and Gaga didn't really make music together from what we've heard, except G.U.Y.; she heard tracks she wanted and sang over them. Which isn't much different than what a lot of pop stars do. But don't say Zedd is slacking.

Perhaps the blame lies elsewhere.

True, her voice does make it better and it's very theatrical and Gaga, but it's SO SIMILAR ahhhh  :shrug:

Yes, it is and thats why i hate it when people give Zedd all the credit, when it actually belongs to IM  :queenga:

FATCAT

We all have to admit that Zedd's production on ARTPOP is amazing and he gave us some pretty ****ing good songs, but they are not nearly as good as his own stuff (Clarity, Stay The Night), which is really catching on at the moment.

Why is he holding back? More so, why is Gaga letting him hold back?

I mean, we could have had an album full of club banging, artistic hits. :excuseme:

because Zedd's productions on ARTPOP aren't open to whatever the hell he wants, it's based on what Gaga wants, so his own work will be different than his collab work.
Purr more, hiss less.

Ladle Ghoulash

His stuff with Gaga is more experimental, like Aura, Clarity and Stay The Night are more radio-friendly and playing on the safe side (they're still amazing songs)

to be fair, the base of Aura is an Infected Mushroom. Zedd just helped Gaga touch it up a bit.

lavenderblondee

IMO, I think he catered to what Gaga wanted. Producers work with the artist to create what they think is best.  I LOVE Zedds work, and all his songs are pretty much my favorite off AP. Cannot wait for temple and onion girl.

to be fair, the base of Aura is an Infected Mushroom. Zedd just helped Gaga touch it up a bit.

Well, that's true... but still Donatella and G.U.Y got great instrumentals

Ladle Ghoulash

Well, that's true... but still Donatella and G.U.Y got great instrumentals

I absolutely agree. I think synth lines are spot on, the beats are great...

As someone who's always loved edm music, I've been a huge fan of Zedd since way before he was working with Gaga. He has always had a unique sound in terms of edm and he isn't really slacking at all. I just think he probably thought Gaga would prefer those types of sounds in comparison to his others.

If I recall correctly, I remember Gaga saying that a lot of the writing process for ARTPOP was: Gaga would either listen to synth lines or grooves that the producer had made and saw if they spoke to her, or she would describe a feeling, emotion or a concept and the producer would make a synth line or groove that would encompass that and they would go from there. 

zedd's own stuff is basic as ****
his production on the album is amazing <3
but DJWS owned it with s-xxx dreams , DWUW and ARTPOP

eamonster123

Honestly, Zedds productions on ARTPOP were the best :legend: 

I kinda stopped listening to him after Spectrum tho *kanye shrug*

BuzzcutSeason

We all have to admit that Zedd's production on ARTPOP is amazing and he gave us some pretty ****ing good songs, but they are not nearly as good as his own stuff (Clarity, Stay The Night), which is really catching on at the moment.

Why is he holding back? More so, why is Gaga letting him hold back?

I mean, we could have had an album full of club banging, artistic hits.  :excuseme:

okay gaga has been making these songs POP. less CLUB more POP. he only has 2 , major songs on ARTPOP. We only heard those 2 songs. we don't know the other act II songs. 

Archived