💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's use of autotune? Does this Gaga performance have AUTOTUNE?

Pain of fame1

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMum

she uses autotune stylistically in that song but there is no way she is using autotune in that DWUW performance. She is a classically trained musician she has a sharp ear and can sing on her own. Autotune is used on artists who don't have trained ears and can probably carry a tune, but cannot sing on their own that well. I am sick of everyone assuming that EVERY pop artist uses autotune.   :miley: 

if you put a gaga acapella in melodyne, you will see she misses a few notes and has obviously not been autotuned otherwise it would all be spot on.

Hold your horses, I am on your page here. 

I agree with your statements all the way, Like the way she can sing slightly ahead or behind of the tune and for that u need to be a proper musical artist because you need to know what you're doing timing wise. 

TraeumereiLPB

Autotune can be used in different settings. If it's used lightly, it does NOT sound "robotic", but makes the voice very smooth. To me it is 100% clear she used some autotune in this performance as well as lots of reverb. Especially at the high note (don't STOP the party) you can clearly hear how the autotune tries to correct the note she did not hit. Because the Autotune was used lightly, it does not sound robotic, nor does it correct every note that was a bit off.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

DanceInTheDark

Some people claim that the 2009 VMAs Paparazzi performance was autotuned.. :shrug:

It is

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

DanceInTheDark

It isnt live, we hear autotune because it was added in post production by MTV

Yup I know

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

The audio on your video is really crappy. Watch this : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjmhwpzCbrY

I don't hear any auto tune. There's this echo effect, but everybody uses that, it's not cause she can't sing. She's not using autotune.

Laceface

Anyway, I think the song would have been better with her normal voice in verses, at least that was what I got used to listening. 

This, it sounds far too strange.

dynamite

I don't know how to differentiate between autotune, reverb etc but I know she did use something on her voice for that performance - but for effect, not because she can't sing, as evidenced by her hundreds of great performances without this effect. 

You have to be watching the video on mute to not hear that there is something there it couldn't be more obvious...

Free My Mind

Some people claim that the 2009 VMAs Paparazzi performance was autotuned.. :shrug:

now that's a case of obvious autotune...

and the AMA BR/Speechless - autotune

but this has no autotune.

MonsterMum

I don't know how to differentiate between autotune, reverb etc but I know she did use something on her voice for that performance - but for effect, not because she can't sing, as evidenced by her hundreds of great performances without this effect. 

You have to be watching the video on mute to not hear that there is something there it couldn't be more obvious...

Yes it's called reverb (the Hall effect) where it makes it sound like you're the only one in a cathedral on a piano and the initial sound gets echoed back and the layers or echo is called reverberation in short, reverb.

Archived