Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is this homophobic of Gaga?

carrot stick

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8Bit Heart

The iroy of this all is that you're acting like a riled up conservative Christian, except in a different context :lmao:

Technically it's "heterophobic" because it's making fun of straight men who will willingly participate in a threesome with another guy and then turn around and call gay dudes "fags" and stuff like that.

Bellatrix

If it wasn't brought up as Homophobic by the media and she wasn't slammed for it, it's best to keep it as that. I didn't find it offensive, tbh.. SNL has done far worse.

Laceface

It's not homophobic. It clearly mocks the "hyper masculine" persona of Andy and JT's characters and suggests that if society was less weird and binary about s-xuality, we would not have these slavish silly gender roles that say who is attracted to whom and when and how. Two guys who want to have s-x but need to put a woman between them to feel "manly"? This is a product of a homophobic society and it's something the video PARODIES!

Thank you :worship:

Kermit the frog

:fail:

The world is a place full of idiots waiting to be offended by something and make a big deal out of it.

I think that's a fair question to ask :) Nothing wrong with looking at things with a critical eye. A lot of people think we're past homophobia as a world culture but there are still a lot of nasty stereotypes out there that hurt people. So I think as long as it's done in a respectful way, it's healthy and productive to question media and entertainment, and whether it perpetuates harmful stereotypes.

With that said, I don't think this video is homophobic. It certainly plays off it: straight guys so petrified of compromising their masculinity/heteros-xuality that they have to come up with a golden rule so nobody will doubt them. It's just like straight guys who feel the need to say "no homo" if they compliment each other. What I think is important about this video and song is that the audience isn't lead to laugh at homos-xuality/homos-xual acts but rather to laugh at the fear of them. The way the guys are portrayed makes them come across as silly, not that cool and certainly not as hypermasculine (and eventually, not as straight) as they make out to be.

So that's my take on it -- good on you for asking. I'm pretty disappointed that some people in here jumped down the throat of anyone with a questioning attitude. Gaga's not perfect, it's important to understand that she has the capability to make mistakes or even say things that are offensive (which is not the case here.)

Peace <3

I can't see the problem, tbh. The problem is to be extremely sensitive with topics like this, I mean, there must be respect but you have to know how to distinguish between being disrespectful and being joking. Anyway, don't think this was that bad.

I don't find that offensive at all. If anything they're making fun of people who think like that. :toofunny: And I've seen so much worse things on snl, like racist jokes. 

CatelynnMarie

It's an SNL skit. Calm down.

It wasn't written by her either. I can't remember which interview it was, but she mentioned not knowing what it was about until talking to Justin and Andy about it. 

Archived