Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Whats up with gaga's lyrics this era?

Dodo

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

On TF, TFM, and BTW I love her lyrics, but some ARTPOP lyrics I really don't like.

MJH could have been a really good song if the lyrics actually made sense.

I honestly haven't even checked the lyrics, i still think the bridge is:

"ratchets the darkness wont help you create..." 

:rip:

That's "Brushes with darkness won't help you create your destiny of self"

FATCAT

"but our truffles are the most..." I though :lmao:

"Our truffles are the most mad-magical in Amsterdam!" Whats hard to get about that? Truffles are part of Mushrooms and in Amsterdam they harvest vast quantities for Psychedelic properties. She's saying the Psychedelic Mushrooms are best in Amsterdam. :usrs:

lolololol thanks you guys

so i guess she is singing about mushrooms too then? since a truffle is a fungus. unless she is just calling a nug of weed a truffle because they are similar in shape. ORR she's actually speaking of a truffle which doesn't really make sense but hey it's pop music

She's talking about Psychedelic Truffles, which get you high. The song is about more than just weed, its about Being High in general.

Purr more, hiss less.

Whispering

Not really...It's really the other way around lol. Her lyrics make sense more now than during the BTW era.

OysterBaby

"Our truffles are the most mad-magical in Amsterdam!" Whats hard to get about that? Truffles are part of Mushrooms and in Amsterdam they harvest vast quantities for Psychedelic properties. She's saying the Psychedelic Mushrooms are best in Amsterdam. :usrs:

She's talking about Psychedelic Truffles, which get you high. The song is about more than just weed, its about Being High in general.

yup that's what i meant by mushrooms lol

I said that.

ARTPOP tho

"Lover's kites are flown on beaches for public sight" 

and everyone thought it was

"Lover's skies, I've flown on beaches at lover's side" or something like that :rip:

TEANUS

Her lyrics could mean anything :legend:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

feelitinmybones

lolololol thanks you guys

so i guess she is singing about mushrooms too then? since a truffle is a fungus. unless she is just calling a nug of weed a truffle because they are similar in shape. ORR she's actually speaking of a truffle which doesn't really make sense but hey it's pop music

:lmao:

not gonna lie i didn't get half the lyrics in about 90% of the songs from ARTPOP but I think that's also just me, I never understand any lyrics correctly :smh:

codymonster

"Velvet ropes and guitars, ya cause your my rock star in between the sets, eyeliner and cigarettes"

I had no clue what she said, at all, in this line. :awkney: So no, I've noticed through most her albums that there are many moments where I'm like "wtf did she say??"

I really love her lyrics this era. I did have to look up a few parts of songs in the lyric booklet though to figure out what she was saying.

We were in the swimming pool I was naked so were you ........... Dangerous poetry rhymes .... bodies.... I used to know it all but since they changed the official version i forgot the old one.

EDIT: I listened a few time.

"We were in the swimming pool, I was naked, so were you, and I wrote this song while we made love.

Dangerous poetry rhymed with our bodies and now's the time for the trial with doubts and drawls."

omg i couldn't figure out what she was saying in that version no matter how hard i tried thank you for this.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived