Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Are you concerned that G.U.Y isn't catchy enough?

Kenon Astro

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

the more repetitive something is, the more it will get stuck in people's heads. So no, I'm not worried. It's one of the catchiest songs on the album.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think G.U.Y can do well because it's Dance whilst still being more stripped back and mid-tempo. The chorus is super catchy, and hopefully it takes off 

holy scheisse

Everybody should stop talking about the chorus bc the best parts arent even IN the chorus

-the intro

-the instrumental... all throughout.

-"love me love me ..." 

-"bc im best when im in love and im in love w u"

-"mount your goddess" speaking part

-"TOUCH ME TOUCH ME DONT BE SHY.

IM IN CHARGE LIKE A G U Y"

-the outro where shes screaming

GUY is gonna f*ck everybodys wife. every1 gon love haaaaa

Freddy Krueger

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the GP won't understand what the song is about and it will bring back the rumors about her being a hermaphrodite. 

That J

My prediction? It's a good song that grows on you and I believe radio will play it. With a great video, it'll be a good hit for Gaga. I'm not saying it'll totally slay, that remains to be seen, but it'll go top ten easy

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Speechless94

It depends how you sing it. When I sing it, I dont say guy. I spell it out as "I wanna be that G-U-Y". If its sung that way it adds a bit more to it 

wecouldbeARTPOP

Some of the biggest hits of the past few years:

Somebody that I used to know, somebody, somebody, somebody...

We found love in a hopeless place, we found love in a hopeless place...

Where have you been all my li-i-i-i-ife, where have you been all my li-i-i-i-ife...

Everybody talks, everybody talks, everybody talks...

I'm radioactive, radioactive, radioactive...

Ro-o-o-o-o-o-ooar ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oar you're gonna hear me roar.

Trouble, trouble, trouble...

We can't stop, we won't stop for almost 4 minutes

We're up all night to get lucky, we're up all night to get lucky, We're up all night to get lucky, we're up all night to get lucky

I be on my suit and tie, **** tie, **** tie. I be on my suit and tie, **** tie, ****...

All eyes on us. All eyes on us. I wanna scream and shout and let it all out. And scream and shout and let it out.

Shine bright like a diamond Shine bright like a diamond

Don't you worry, don't you worry child

I don't care I love it, I don't care I love it

Safe and sound, safe and sound

you are my treasure, you are my treasure, you are my treasure yeah you you you

I love the way you make me feel. I love it, I love it. I love the way you make me feel. I love it, I love it

Started from the bottom now we're here, started from the bottom now we're here [x 10000]

I you're ready come and get it nananana, I you're ready come and get it nananana

Just hold on, we're going home. Just hold on, we're going home

I live for the applause, applause, applause, I live for the applause-plause, live for the applause-plause  :music:

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness S-s-summertime, summertime sadness. Got that summertime, summertime sadness. Oh, oh oh

etc, etc, etc.

So I don't think it being repetitive is a problem. It's also catchy as hell.  :toofunny:

ha, good point

lol, but seriously though, "pah pah pah poker face pah pah poker face" that would make us idiots too I guess. :derpga:

I don't think the repetition is bad here, in fact it's probably good, as it's really what Gaga became known for in the beginning, those inane repetitive hooks that stuck in your head. I think the hook doesn't grab you as much as some of her past hits but it is one of the catchiest on the album. The thing I really wonder is if the public is as thirsty for "old Gaga" as we assume, G.U.Y. sounds different to a lot of what's playing on the radio right now but it's not really new coming from Gaga.. I guess that could be good or bad but we'll see ofc.

Girl I love GUY! It's fantastic! Didn't mean it in a bad way! Fingers crossed it's GUY!

I will be happy with anything! Finally were back! Let's get this era going again!! :)

Girl I love GUY! It's fantastic! Didn't mean it in a bad way! Fingers crossed it's GUY!

I will be happy with anything! Finally were back! Let's get this era going again!! :)

No I didn't think you did, haha, but I agree! If G.U.Y.is what Gaga wants I'll support it, and I'm so glad things seem to be getting in motion again. :party:

Little7Monster

Bad Romance was as artsy as it gets

No, Bad Romance was not tame or basic by any means, but it wasn't what I would call "artsy as it gets". It is a fun song, and a great music video with a story. My comment on it is that Bad Romance had a music video that made sense to the song, without too much "fluff". I do not mean that in a bad way, but when some people have to think too much about things, they dislike it. The public is hard to please these days because social media creates hype. Gaga needs the public's support, despite any claims about charts. 

Gaga's focus on music and quality is amazing, and her interests spread even further. The public (many general public people, not fans) had a negative reaction to ARTPOP's level of art-influence. It is not wrong or bad for her to do that, but many people probably do not want to figure out who Koons or Abromovic are--Gaga's fans love her, so they spent some time on the net to find out. Because the influence wasn't a public event with prior albums, some view it as a ploy to gain attention, and they feel that this is simply a temporary art persona. Gaga doesn't play play by the rules, and delivers great content. Bad Romance is awesome, and she should create something just as "simply complex". 

Media messes with the opinions of the masses. Gaga isn't the new, cool kid on the block anymore. Her output is either loved or hate, there is no middle-ground intrigue about it. Even if she delivers gold, people will demand platinum. If she released Bad Romance today, people would tear it apart, and find a reason to hate it. It's all about timing and image. Gaga has it still, but she is working to please her fans and the general public--the fight is no longer for just the crowd. 

Flippy

No, I'm worried about G.U.Y. not being the single :ohno: 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived