Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Support your opinion about G.U.Y. being a single.

Mecano

Featured Posts

I like G.U.Y., I think it's one of the strongest tracks on the record, so it definitely deserves to get single status.

However... as exciting as the pre-chorus may be, I feel like the chorus is quite bland and underwhelming (and I have the same feeling from the instrumental: everything sounds perfect... until the chorus kicks in). Too bad, 'cause an orgasmic chorus would have fitted the concept :ohwell:

Now feel free to drag me for having an opinion :classy:

I'll let the GP drag you when G.U.Y. stays on top 10 for 20 weeks in a row my dear  :classy:

I think it will perform similarly or slighlty worse than Applause. Not slaying, but not flopping either. I mean the song is decent but it's not very danceable imho (clubs) and has little too agressive beat (in radio standards). So I don't know, somehow I see it landing at #6-7 :P

What will pump the song in charts will not be airplay, nor sales but the amazing video.

Great to see that you even include exact positions... bookmarked.  :classy:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an awesome song, the epitome of Gaga. Don't care if it charts well, I want awesome music, live performances and music videos.

Great to see that you even include exact positions... bookmarked.  :classy:

I just think that when sales are not very strong, airplay too, but there is decent stream, then It will propably peak somewhere in the second half of top10. The video looks to be cool so i guess upper part of the second half ;p

elijahfan

I'll let the GP drag you when G.U.Y. stays on top 10 for 20 weeks in a row my dear  :classy:

I really hope so my dear, I really hope so...

Is it G.U.Y. or any other song, I'm not sure we're gonna get a top 10 hit for 20 weeks in a row any time soon though :laughga:

Are you gonna support your opinion in any other way than just saying it will 'slay careers' etc though?

I'm perfectly happy with it being a single and I think it has a decent chance to do well. Obviously she's in the pits a little bit at the moment so it's gonna take a fully blown and well executed campaign to make it a success. And a good video could be the key. If all these strong rumours about the castle are true then it looks like they could be on the right track!

But basically it's one of the better produced songs on the album, relatively inoffensive (except for the usual critics that will get pressed about s-xuality), it is clever while still being fun, catchy, ready for clubs... And I don't know why everyone says the chorus is bad tbh, ever since we heard the snippet I thought it was amazing. The "I wanna be that guyyy" then the drop is so perfect to me.

And Zedd is popular on radio at the moment so a lot of people must like his production :shrug: I think it will do well. I'm not saying that it will necessarily join the likes of Poker Face, Bad Romance and Born This Way as one of her iconic hits but it could be the sizeable hit she needs to save this era.

wait a minute, G.U.Y. is confirmed?

tumblr_mrla8eefXW1rtwmxqo6_250.gif

No, just rumours, but make your prediction about how hard this will slay.  :classy:

I don't care of its performance as long as the video is kick ass and we get some s-xy performances

Me too, I am just happy for us! I support this song as the third single.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

it does *sound* like a smash but we've yet to see that for sure, I think it has major potential though. I think the general listening audience will either love it as reminiscent of Gaga and her past hits (a la LoveGame) or just find it dated, but either way I think it's got a real edge to it and the potential for her to make a strong comeback, hopefully. :gum:

idc tbh i want to know what happened between r kelly and her

this too tbh :noparty:

elijahfan

wait a minute, G.U.Y. is confirmed?

tumblr_mrla8eefXW1rtwmxqo6_250.gif

I'd say it is pretty much confirmed the video will somehow involve G.U.Y., yes... But is it a music video? A mini film? An interlude for the tour? We still don't know at this point, but I'm hoping this is a MV.

Are you gonna support your opinion in any other way than just saying it will 'slay careers' etc though?

I'm perfectly happy with it being a single and I think it has a decent chance to do well. Obviously she's in the pits a little bit at the moment so it's gonna take a fully blown and well executed campaign to make it a success. And a good video could be the key. If all these strong rumours about the castle are true then it looks like they could be on the right track!

But basically it's one of the better produced songs on the album, relatively inoffensive (except for the usual critics that will get pressed about s-xuality), it is clever while still being fun, catchy, ready for clubs... And I don't know why everyone says the chorus is bad tbh, ever since we heard the snippet I thought it was amazing. The "I wanna be that guyyy" then the drop is so perfect to me.

And Zedd is popular on radio at the moment so a lot of people must like his production :shrug: I think it will do well. I'm not saying that it will necessarily join the likes of Poker Face, Bad Romance and Born This Way as one of her iconic hits but it could be the sizeable hit she needs to save this era.

I just made this thread for fun so I didn't feel the need of doing a long list of the reasons why I think it could do extremely well.

But oh well. some of your points I support. The production of this song is sick and effective, the lyrics are s-xy and not too weird, even the retweet line could be benefical to relate with a lot of people given the fact that twitter is still one of the most successful social networks.

And that ****ing bridge is so fierce. :gaga: That's the key of why this song is so awesome.

And now we have the set for the MV, GaGa has been planning this for months so I believe this era will be extremely well-executed.

No, just rumours, but make your prediction about how hard this will slay.  :classy:

oh

well I think it may do well, but if she treats it as DWUW then I wouldn't think so :laughga:

Either way, I'm hoping to see more videos for ARTPOP no matter what song it is :gaga:

I'd say it is pretty much confirmed the video will somehow involve G.U.Y., yes... But is it a music video? A mini film? An interlude for the tour? We still don't know at this point, but I'm hoping this is a MV.

Oh

I hope is a minifilm tbh :giveup:

but knowing Gaga it'll probably be an interlude or some fashion film for some sh*t :laughga:

juicyjuicy

NGL. As much as I don't like Gypsy, I definitely want that to be more a single than G.U.Y. The GP is going to eat Gypsy up and just be ???WTF??? @ G.U.Y.

TropicOfCANCER

this is the best song on the album and has the best chance at being a hit. I genuinely didn't expect it be released, but i'm completely thrilled with the choice. This song could really catch on--the chorus is instantly catchy and people will be humming this after the first time they hear it.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived