Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Most artistic songs and unartistic songs on ARTPOP.

Blunt

Featured Posts

for me artistic = original or different or intriguing or controversial or individualistic or to put in simple terms not generic, and most importantly highly subjective.

So, for these reasons, the most artistic songs for me are ARTPOP, DOPE, AURA, MJH and Applause. 

Not going to say least artistic, I prefer the most generic songs are Donatella, Fashion! MANiCURE and Gypsy (although the latter 2 are among my faves)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100percent

ARTPOP being most artistic

least artistic for me is..........i dunno..i think of Applause..i dunno why lol

maybe the instrumental of applause is too boring and repetitive when compared to other songs on album that have complex production (but it is a decent song)

Each song is artistic in their own way. All music technically is considered an art form

I think the most creative songs are Aura, G.U.Y (I seriously think it's so creative how Girl Under You is an acronym for GUY. Brilliant), Donatella, Applause, ARTPOP, Venus and Donatella 

HeavyMetalLuvah

This post makes no sense.. I think people take the name ARTPOP a liiiiiiittle too literal..

especially in correlation to the songs  :wtfga:

I'm sorry, what the **** is an 'artistic' song?

I think the word you might be looking for would be 'avant-garde', 'innovative' or 'unique'

Besides, ARTPOP, I feel, harkens back to an old Gaga quote: "I want to trick people into listening to something smart"

That's a bit pretentious, no? Just because it's danceable and catchy doesn't mean it's of no artistic value.

i just don't see it as artistic, dance music is made for fun imo... and the one who's pretentious is gaga, not me :shrug:

Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Swine, Gypsy, and Applause are the most artistic songs imo. But that's not to say that the rest of the songs aren't artistic.

Tbh

Ladle Ghoulash

i just don't see it as artistic, dance music is made for fun imo... and the one who's pretentious is gaga, not me :shrug:

But, art can't be fun? A lot of hardwork and care goes into making dance music and it brings joy to people. To me, that constitutes art.

chrismugler

ARTISTIC SONGS:

*ARTPOP :legend:

*Dope

*Gypsy

*Applause

NON- ARTISTIC SONGS:

*Jewels N' Drugs :pukey:

*Swine  :pukey:  :eww:

EXPERIMENTAL SONGS:

*Aura

*Venus

*G.U.Y

*Sexxx Dreams :hor:

*Do What U Want

*Donatella

*Fashion!

*Mary Jane Holland

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

in my opinion ARTPOP is an enormous pop album with great, catchy hooks, beats and synths and a couple of references to art. for me, the actual art element barely extends beyond the cover :coffee:

Music itself is one of the arts, but it may be hard to "hear" art in music.  I think much of the art in the ARTPOP era is in everything ... cover art, promo art, costumes, set design, staging, dance, Koons' sculptures in artRave, Gaga's quest to travel the world praising art and creativity in young minds.  I think we look too hard to hear art in the music.  The art in ARTPOP is everywhere.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Gaga is Life

Venus came to mind pretty quickly in most artistic. It's multiple meanings made it for me, and the multiple sounds as well and how they flow from one another.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived