💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Most artistic songs and unartistic songs on ARTPOP.

Blunt

Featured Posts

Every song is artistic, and NO, not every artist can have Gypsy / MANiCURE because Gaga ****ing wrote them you know .. :fail:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

I think most of them are 'artistic' in there own way. 

Maybe not Donatella, it just seems like she was just having fun with no real intention behind the song. 

This

Tommy Monster

Aura- artistic as hell, really great song, it´s a piece of art, mixes genres, has multiple meanings :gaga: nearly best song of the album

Venus- artistic too, cause again we have double meaning and you feel like out of the galaxy while you listen to it

ARTPOP- obviously :laughga: the lyrics are just :legend: and the production touches all of my senses

G.U.Y- also artistic with lyrics

Sexxx Dreams- artistic because of the spoken word and two conversations at the same time

Swine- artistic because of it´s avantguard nature

Donatella- great satire, that´s art too

... and I could go on and on...

Least artistic: MANiCURE and Fashion!- first being too childish and second being kind of about nothing really...

Laceface

It's an ambiguous term 'artistic' (open to interpretation), but I guess I'd say the funner songs with less important meanings behind them.. Donatella, MANiCURE & F! for example.

Tommy Monster

I think most of them are 'artistic' in there own way. 

Maybe not Donatella, it just seems like she was just having fun with no real intention behind the song. 

I think Donatella is a great satire of how people percieve someone like Donatella and all of the icons that are supposed to be dumb... that makes it artistic enough for me :yes:

Diamond Heart

I think Donatella is a great satire of how people percieve someone like Donatella and all of the icons that are supposed to be dumb... that makes it artistic enough for me :yes:

i dont, i think gaga went in and recorded it on a whim for fun, didnt think much about it and went with it. i dont think the satire is particularity well executed either.

She liked the end product so much she stuck it on ARTPOP.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

I don't see dancepop songs as artistic :sweat: and there is no song on the album I find artistic tbh :shrug:

still love it though, but i don't see the art appeal

LeoFameMonster

"its MANiCURE and gypsy  - every single artist could have songs like this on the album"

*Which makes them the 2 obvious contenders to chart top and smash also they sure as hell can't sing it like her

Pain of fame1

Why are you ****ing separating the songs into artistic and no artistic with no idea of what really ARTISTIC MEANS. I mean i don't even know, but all the songs are a blending between ART and POP in a way, i mean it migh not be the song in some cases but the cover or the performances.

If you mean artistic by clever lyrics, sound innovation and nice mix of art and pop if say artistic are:

Aura

Venus

MJH

ARTPOP

Least artistic what means basically opposite :

Donatella

MANiCURE

Gypsy

nativenewyorker

More artistic (in terms of the sound/content being experimental and 'creative')

Aura

Venus

G.U.Y

Sexxx Dreams

ARTPOP

Swine

Mary Jane Holland

More commercial/traditional

MANiCURE

Do What U Want

Jewels N' Drugs

Donatella

Fashion!

Dope

Gypsy

Applause

Though, G.U.Y., Applause, Sexxx Dreams, and Do What U Want (beneath the metaphors) are all artistic in content yet sound very commercial. I guess they're somewhere in the middle.

You can make a division between ART and POP with some tracks but many are a nice combination.

Ladle Ghoulash

I'm sorry, what the **** is an 'artistic' song?

I think the word you might be looking for would be 'avant-garde', 'innovative' or 'unique'

Besides, ARTPOP, I feel, harkens back to an old Gaga quote: "I want to trick people into listening to something smart"

I don't see dancepop songs as artistic :sweat: and there is no song on the album I find artistic tbh :shrug:

still love it though, but i don't see the art appeal

That's a bit pretentious, no? Just because it's danceable and catchy doesn't mean it's of no artistic value.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived