đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

TFM success is just a coincidence?

Let Love Down

Featured Posts

do you think ARTPOP is risky?

It's not risky imo. As Wootan said above, her past albums were riskier and did really well because people want something new and different.

Edit: and I think this is why ARTPOP didn't do as well. At the same time ARTPOP is different to what Gaga has done before but it's nothing new to the public.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This! Absolutely all of her hits were done in collaboration with RedOne, she needs to continue working with him  :crossed: 

Born This Way? TEOG? Paparazzi?

do you think ARTPOP is risky?

Well, I don't know tbh. I'd say no I think :shrug:

The album itself is risky imo, because she used almost 15 different styles (RnB, rap, psychedelic, electro, etc...).

But the songs themselves... I see 4 risky songs :

- Venus, because of its structure ;

- Aura, because of its theme ;

- ARTPOP, because of its style which is pretty innovative ;

- MJH, because of its lyrics and production.

The rest is "basic" imo.

whiteboi1327

TFM is just plain amazing. The production is amazing and just an all around great album. ARTPOP is just ok. My friends loved her precious work but feel that ARTPOP is just ok. Now that the hype wore off, I see what they mean. I miss the music that her and Redone used to make. DJWS production isn't that great and exciting.

I love Gypsy and found out RedOne worked on tbat track, so I'm not suprised now. I am a little dissapointed in Zedd because his other work is better than when he worked with Gaga. I love G.U.Y even though I know Zedd is capable of higher quality. Overall this album is just good.

I hate to sound like a downer but if this is ACT 1, then I am worried about ACT 2. She needs those strong productions with killer lyrics and melodys. She needs the poker faces and the bad romances that drew people in.

Besides what everybody else mentioned, imo her singing style and vocals for the TFM (and TF) songs were more appealing than on ARTPOP. There are several songs on ARTPOP where her vocals just kill the song for me

disneyhigh

Besides what everybody else mentioned, imo her singing style and vocals for the TFM (and TF) songs were more appealing than on ARTPOP. There are several songs on ARTPOP where her vocals just kill the song for me

like in MANiCURE?

or Donatella

yeah i know what you mean. its so annoying.

Versace

Because TF and TFM had something behind it, had a lot a lot of work, I mean Gaga put more than half of her everything into those albums all her ideas , her lyrics (pre-Fame) her best visions. So she raised the bars for herself. BTW was a gift to her struggling fans she just wanted to preach only reason it did good was due to the impact of TF/TFM. ARTPOP is what I'd say her next vision was exploring ART , whereas TF/TFM explored FAME. Fame is an interesting topic an album about fame got her famous. But when she made an album about ART no one was here for it except us fans obviously.

I see you're trying to understand the decay she's in. Back then she was working with RedOne (production), Gibson (choreo), Carter (management), Formachetti (fashion), Dada (disco stick/pyro bra) and others. It was the collaboration of all these people at once that influenced the "Lady Gaga" you saw during TFM - each was a vital limb of the woman before your eyes. Post-TFM these people started to drop like flies and eventually she became Stefani working with unskilled amateurs (see artRave poster if anything) and e.g. look at how her videos lost impact during Judas and after because she wouldn't work with professional directors, hence how crucial professional directors were during TFM.

tl;dr What many fail to understand is, the Lady Gaga we saw during TFM was a result of many good collaborations behind the scenes that we don't have now. It was chance in a way.

It's so funny how it applies 100% to both Gaga and the fans:

It's a tale as old as time. Writer achieves great commercial success with book X in a series. Editor loses ability to edit star writer for books X+n, which go off the rails and are defended only by those who can't reconcile the bloat of X+n with their love of X.

For GoT, X=3. For His Dark Materials, X=1.5. For Hunger Games, X=2.

Just replace 'writer' with artist, 'book' with era, and 'X' = TF(M) in Gaga's case

like in MANiCURE?

or Donatella

yeah i know what you mean. its so annoying.

Haven't listened to Donatella in a long while. But yeah the shouty verses in MANiCURE is annoying and actually makes me skip to the next song immediately, even though the chorus is catchy and fun.

holy scheisse

TFM was perfect in every single regard (though it would've been even more perfect (potentially) if she released Monster/Dance in the Dark with accompanying masterpiece mucic vids in my opinion :worship: )

KrisFromMars

I am loving this thread!

But like posted earlier the success of her previous albums was due to a well executed team.

the quality the emotion the struggle the fight in TF/TFM that is the gaga we all fell in love with. When she cried during the monster ball DVD I felt she was so genuine abt her craft her art her family as in us. All of her dreams has came true and I'm proud of her I just wish she would keep that mentality of the apt walk up and how hard it was for her to get her career where she wanted for ARTPOP and future albums. I think it would help her keep her album/songs ideas fresh

Side note: Gaga is a genius but she cannot do it all by herself she needs to fire Ritchie and get a new dream team by hiring me

Laceface

TFM was perfect in every single regard (though it would've been even more perfect (potentially) if she released Monster/Dance in the Dark with accompanying masterpiece mucic vids in my opinion :worship: )

Everyone's success in the music industry is just coincidence imo. You can never predict what people are going to like, and like she said, she just happened to hit the right balance with Just Dance that was pop enough for radio to play it, but still dance music.

The Fame Monster singles just happened to strike up a connection with the GP, whether that be because of the relatable lyrics, song choices, imagery, music production, whatever, the GP connected with the music. They didn't connect so much this way over the courses of Born This Way and ARTPOP (this era can totally turn around with 1 song, we just don't know until it happens).

So, yes, I think her success was a coincidence, and eventually she's going to have similar success once again because she's constantly changing & is bound to create something that connects with everyone in the same way The Fame Monster did.

disneyhigh

It's so funny how it applies 100% to both Gaga and the fans:

Just replace 'writer' with artist, 'book' with era, and 'X' = TF(M) in Gaga's case

Haven't listened to Donatella in a long while. But yeah the shouty verses in MANiCURE is annoying and actually makes me skip to the next song immediately, even though the chorus is catchy and fun.

in MANiCURE it sounds as if shes trying to sing in a way her voice is not mean to sing like.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived