💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: September 24th (Amsterdam, Holland)

Bat

Featured Posts

Interludicrous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NelidIAVnE

I don't understand what was weird about the performance  :confused:

The piano solo at the beginning? The tone of her voice? I think she slayed tbh She seemed really emotional as she sang it tho... that's it.

Oh wow. When I was standing there her voice sounded really different, way more high pitched. Which is normal I guess, but at times it sounded a little screechy (especially at the end). And the improv is a little awkward at times, but other than that I'm so glad to see how awesome she sang it. The performance is great :party:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NelidIAVnE

I don't understand what was weird about the performance  :confused:

The piano solo at the beginning? The tone of her voice? I think she slayed tbh She seemed really emotional as she sang it tho... that's it.

What the crap. She sounds amazing. That's like one of the best performances of it from the tour.

TraeumereiLPB

The Dope performance is amazing. I can't hear the supposed "out of tune" singing some members seem to hear. Her voice is theatric and intense, the improvised parts are fabulous. Just because she sings in a different way, playing with her voice, it doesn't mean she is off pitch. If you think that's a bad performance, not even the Lord can help you no more.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Jonathanholland

what does critics say?

Very diverse, some say it was 'the perfect pop show' and others say it was completely trash. But overal they seem to agree that Gaga has a lot of potential but she has to step up her game to stay relevant. 

Before there was love, there was silence

What the hell did that douche expect? It's an Artrave for a reason, not the ****ing ''Troonsrede'', of yourse she's going to scream and shout. 

MichaelSimpson7

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3886805/lady-gaga-met-nagenoeg-perfecte-popshow-in-ziggo-dome.html

'Gaga laat soortgenoten als Britney Spears en Madonna met deze productie ver achter zich.'

http://www.telegraaf.nl/filmenuitgaan/23122972/__Dansen_met_Lady_Gaga_in_ZiggoDome__.html

'Haar toekomst is daarmee een vraagteken. Maar op dit moment telt ze nog volop mee, zagen we woensdagavond.'

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1022/Celebs/article/detail/3754849/2014/09/25/Lady-Gaga-plezierig-Ja-Gedenkwaardig-Nee.dhtml

'Zo zocht Gaga opnieuw naar de grenzen van de goede smaak, maar restte uiteindelijk toch vooral het gevoel dat we het allemaal al eens eerder hadden gezien.'

AD is such a mess tbh

Can anyone translate these reviews? The online translators aren't working for me

MonsterOfSpain

Every review you've posted here has been negative. :smh: Mess at the critics. There's people who would love to be there and you're trashing it.

Jonathanholland

Every review you've posted here has been negative. :smh: Mess at the critics. There's people who would love to be there and you're trashing it.

De Telegraaf and Nu.nl are far from negative 

MonsterOfSpain

De Telegraaf and Nu.nl are far from negative 

Well then Google Translate is wrong cause it says she's far behind of Britney and Madonna according to it :smh:

Jonathanholland

Can anyone translate these reviews? The online translators aren't working for me

Lady Gaga with almost perfect popshow in the Ziggo Dome 

'People who are hear only for the hits better leave' says Gaga in the beginning of her performance in Amsterdam. There she gives an almost perfect popconcert. 

The singer gives her fans a show full of hits wednesday evening. The American singer is mostly in the news because of her collaboration with sir Tony Bennet.  Meanwhile she travels all around the world with her album ARTPOP who came out last year. An album which wasn't received very well by the media. 

Live the album actually proves to contain some serious crowd favorites, like Applause, Aura and Gypsy, which the latter was received with a big cheer at the end. Despite the warning that the hit-crowd could better leave, do hits like Just Dance, Pokerface and paparazzi come by. 

Bad Romance gets as a hit single even an ironic announcement, but was received with a loud applause. Unlike earlier concerts in the Netherlands, failed the Artrave to sell out. 

That the show didn't sell out was only visible at the very end of the ziggo dome. There it was a little bit less crowded than usually but the seating area was almost fully occupied. The show is almost perfected. 

Apart from the traditionally crazy costumes (like a dress of chairs and an octopus) is her voice on it's own worth a visit. Where she almost drowned in the Gelredome- and Ahoy stadium and she also didn't perform on her strongest the first time she visited the Ziggo Dome , did she succeed this time. 

Interludes

The awful long interludes disappeared, they were replaced by some short breaks where many things happened. Whipping remixes of songs who didn't make the setlist (Jewels 'n d--gs for example) rumble through the hall while many dancers entertain the crowd. 

The performance consist parts with approximately five songs. Just Dance, Poker Face, Telephone and Paparazzi pass rapidly. A musical highlight are from another part with piano songs with a acoustic version of Born this Way, Dope and a piece of Do What U Want. 

Blueprint. 

Lady Gaga had a blueprint of the almost perfect popshow in her pocket. Without some side notes (the show started a small hour late and the break before the last song was quite long) isn't there much to improve.

The message could be a bit better (for example the demo Burka was changed to Aura), but the Little Monsters, as Gaga likes to call them, could be proud on their Idol. Gaga lets artists like Britney Spears and madonna with this production far behind.  

I did my best to translate the nu.nl article, but i'm a bit in a rush so sorry for the many mistakes  :sweat:

Archived