Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Dope should be the next single

drew

Featured Posts

-Dope is the most current sounding song left on the album. Slow boring songs and ballads are all the rage on the Hot 100 these days. 'Say Something' is Top 5 and rising, 'Let Her Go' peaked at #6, 'Royals' went #1, 'Story Of My Life' peaked at #6, and other songs like 'Hold On We're Going Home' also did really well on the charts. Slow is in.

- It's the most relatable song left on the album. People will actually be paying attention to, and understand the lyrics of a Gaga single for once. It's arguably one of the most relatable songs she has ever made. The lyrics are rather beautiful, and the song has a haunting melody that is easy to sing along to.

- Dope will help repair Gaga's image more than any other song left. It shows a much more vulnerable and real side to her, something which she really hasn't showcased with a single before. The people who think Gaga is a one trick pony or is too "weird" will be set straight with Dope; she doesn't rely on her usual tricks like the "I'm I'm I'm I'm" in Gypsy for example. The vocals are also really well done on Dope, they showcase her talent well.

- It's critically acclaimed.

- The fan meltdowns will be absolutely amazing to watch.

- And of course, it's already a Top 10 hit.

#TeamDope

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Dope but if it is ever gonna be a single it should be the last single. Now is the time for Gypsy.

Blue Jeans

#teamDontfollowTrends

#teamSetNewOnes

:coffee:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

ChasingGhosts

Couldn't agree more :applause:
Though I dont see how the hook in Gypsy is a trick :awkney: 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

It's arguably one of the most relatable songs she has ever made. The lyrics are rather beautiful

Isn't comparing love to being strung out on heroin a really sad and ugly metaphor?

This isn't a fun "love is the d--g" song that likens love to a chemical high. It's a painful addiction.

It's a repetition hook which Gaga is known too well for. It's part of which caused her "annoying" image.

p p p poker face 

ale ale ale jandro dro dro

ra ra ra ra whatever

t t t telephone

judas juda a a

you get it

Gaga too often uses stuttered/repeated hooks to be catchy. Dope has a hook that's relatable, catchy, simple, and not like her past hooks! People would be singing "I NEED YOU MORE THAN DOPE" and get what she's saying!

#TeamDope

ChasingGhosts

Gaga too often uses stuttered/repeated hooks to be catchy. Dope has a hook that's relatable, catchy, simple, and not like her past hooks! People would be singing "I NEED YOU MORE THAN DOPE" and get what she's saying!

#TeamDope

It's a repetition hook which Gaga is known too well for. It's part of which caused her "annoying" image.

p p p poker face 

ale ale ale jandro dro dro

ra ra ra ra whatever

t t t telephone

judas juda a a

you get it

Point taken :laughga: But its one of her trademarks but I guess its always good to try new things :party: 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Isn't comparing love to being strung out on heroin a really sad and ugly metaphor?

This isn't a fun "love is the d--g" song that likens love to a chemical high. It's a painful addiction.

I think he's saying the lyrics are beautiful, not the subject matter. I am not a d--g addict, but I still found them relatable. I love the imagery she uses in the second verse: "Mine myself like coal, a mountain of a soul." And "been feeling low from living high for so long" has a double meaning I stupid never noticed - high as in d--g high, but also high as in living intensely and crazily (remember this song is preceded by Mary Jane Holland).

I also think it's a good performance. The desperation with which she sings "don't leave me, I, I'll hate myself until I die" gets me, as well as the resignation of the final "I need you more than dope." The high notes are strained, which might be a problem if she performs it live and doesn't change the key (as seen when she did it as IWBWU). The production is brilliant; it's simple but not simplistic. It's not overwhelming or messy and it doesn't sound like it'll be dated in five years.

Is it a good single choice? I don't know. But it's a good song.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived