Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Better Producer: Gaga or Kanye?

sexy

Featured Posts

I admit that he is a good producer and an artist with his lyrics and the sampling, but I wouldn't use the word "genius" to describe him 

Well that's fine. The word genius is a very subjective, slippery, exuberant expression of awe at something. Different people experience awe ate different things.

To me what makes a person a genius (in an artistic context) is an ability to see and express ideas that don't really make sense to anyone else at first, until they're brought to life by that person. Kanye has done that over and over. Part of it is, of course, being in the right place at the right time though. Same applies to Gaga, or some of my other personal heroes like James Ferraro or Daniel Lopatin.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

I will never forgive Kanye for cancelling my Yeezus date :manicure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAfFfqiYLp0

All you have to do is listen to this song to see that he's an amazing producer.

Its a great song, I have it on my cellphone. The most great thing about this song is the vocals of all these huge singers. I can see where are you coming from though. Still he doesn't have many songs as great as this one in my opinion.

DrewStevens

Well that's fine. The word genius is a very subjective, slippery, exuberant expression of awe at something. Different people experience awe ate different things.

To me what makes a person a genius (in an artistic context) is an ability to see and express ideas that don't really make sense to anyone else at first, until they're brought to life by that person. Kanye has done that over and over. Part of it is, of course, being in the right place at the right time though. Same applies to Gaga, or some of my other personal heroes like James Ferraro or Daniel Lopatin.

Well, if you use the word genius in the artistic subjective way than anyone can be a genius because everyone perceives the art in a different way. And maybe that's the correct way to use the word.

Gaga. Idk why people say Kanye is such a genius producer. That latest song of him - Bound 2 sounds like some obnoxious demo of a song that shouldn't have made the cut to any album. And he abuses auto tune, I guess this one is on purpose, but it's not my thing.  Tbh I didn't listen to his entire album, but I've heard 3-4 songs and it's just horrible. :wtfga:  On the other hand Venus ****s all over his entire discography. I know I'll probably get some comments about how wrong and delusional monstard I am, but that's just my opinion. :laughga:

Blue Jeans

Gaga. Idk why people say Kanye is such a genius producer. That latest song of him - Bound 2 sounds like some obnoxious demo of a song that shouldn't have made the cut to any album. And he abuses auto tune, I guess this one is on purpose, but it's not my thing.  Tbh I didn't listen to his entire album, but I've heard 3-4 songs and it's just horrible. :wtfga:  On the other hand Venus ****s all over his entire discography. I know I'll probably get some comments about how wrong and delusional monstard I am, but that's just my opinion. :laughga:

Omg the delusion is real :dies: only on GGD :smh:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Omg the delusion is real :dies: only on GGD :smh:

That didn't take long. :lmao: What can I do to make you believe me this is my honest opinion? :flop:

VforVendetta

Kanye IS a better product. Gaga isn't even an official producer.

Still though bring every Kanye West song you want and we can compare it with Venus in production and everything. Venus still wins. :whitney:

lastlinefirst

Kanye, and if you guys say Gaga, i swear to god you're the most delusionnal fanbase ever.

Gaga sis I love you, but Kanye is a genius when it comes to production.

Or some of us have diff opinions and can say what we want without being delusional. I don't like Kanye and don't find him talented in the least bit so no, I don't think he's better.

Blue Jeans

That didn't take long. :lmao: What can I do to make you believe me this is my honest opinion? :flop:

i'll be praying for your lost soul

tumblr_my53t3K2oK1rp33oto1_400.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

God, some people here make out like its illegal to have an opinion.

Personally I don't see the appeal of Kanye as I find a lot of his music repetitive, especially as I'm not a very big rap fan, plus I don't like his "I am the second coming of Jesus." attitude. However, I can't say that Gaga is a better producer as she has only really produced one song and all of her other work has 95% of the production left to other people, so we need more time and songs to tell who is the better producer. I still prefer Venus to Kanye's music though.

AbuHassan1992

I admit that he is a good producer and an artist with his lyrics and the sampling, but I wouldn't use the word "genius" to describe him

then you havent listened to all of his albums in full. From start to finish. You should. I, personally, think he is more of a "genious" than Lady Gaga.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived