💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

SMILE2NE1

Any new info?

I really hope the album title is Element of Crime

But it also feels weird that she's reverting back to her obsession with the idea of Fame which she explored in her first two albums already....Hmm....this seems like Paparazzi extended.

When she talked about her VMA performance and its link to the archetypes of personalities - I really thought that would be what the new album would be on but it seems she's taking a step toward her old fame obsession - i might be killed for saying this but to me it seems like she's running out of ideas a little and needs to be commercial so reverting back to her first successful idea is the best choice.

Any new info?

But it also feels weird that she's reverting back to her obsession with the idea of Fame which she explored in her first two albums already....Hmm....this seems like Paparazzi extended.

When she talked about her VMA performance and its link to the archetypes of personalities - I really thought that would be what the new album would be on but it seems she's taking a step toward her old fame obsession - i might be killed for saying this but to me it seems like she's running out of ideas a little and needs to be commercial so reverting back to her first successful idea is the best choice.

Fame was always something Gaga was inspired by, and she was always inspired by people like Marylin & Diana ( Dance in the Dark, Government Hooker) and with exploring these blondes females she adds a new interesting tragic point of view on this, maybe that will be the next big thing in pop music, because every popstar looks up to Marylin and sometimes imitates her, but Gaga will do it more clearly. :)

The album wont only be about the decay of the pop star hopefully it will have many flawless gaga songs

Stephen

*I think these could be possible song titles:

*Element of Crime

*Private in Public

*Gas Station Disco

*Transformer

*Gypsy

Any new info?

These summarize my thoughts and feelings, as well. However, I'll wait on more info and execution before I pass judgement. She did still talk about the Fame with BTW, such as in GH and BM. I'll wait and see how the execution of this is carried out before I decide whether it's a retread or not.

I also thought the same about the personality archetypes. According to Jungain Archetypes there are 4 major ones: Persona, Self, Shadow and Anima/Animus. She had already established her Persona(Lady Gaga), Self(Yuyi), and Animus(Jo Calderone). I was thinking she might do something built around these different types and introduce her Shadow Archetype.

Edited by LordBy28

SMILE2NE1

These summarize my thoughts and feelings, as well. However, I'll wait on more info and execution before I pass judgement. She did still talk about the Fame with BTW, such as in GH and BM. I'll wait and see how the execution of this is carried out before I decide whether it's a retread or not.

I also thought the same about the personality archetypes. According to Jungain Archetypes there are 4 major ones: Persona, Self, Shadow and Anima/Animus. She had already established her Persona(Lady Gaga), Self(Yuyi), and Animus(Jo Calderone). I was thinking she might do something built around these different types and introduce her Shadow Archetype.

Can you explain the for archetypes to me. I'm sort of confused. I get that Lady Gaga is her persona but how is yuyi her self and how is her animus Jo? And what is a shadow. I'm very unaware

Can you explain the for archetypes to me. I'm sort of confused. I get that Lady Gaga is her persona but how is yuyi her self and how is her animus Jo? And what is a shadow. I'm very unaware

She describes Yuyi as the natural extension of her spirit. Your 'self' is essentially everything about you as a person. It encompasses everything all of your flaws, strengths, quirks, etc. A guy has an Anima which is their view of women, mentally, physically, moral, etc.. A women has an Animus which is essentially what a guy means in their perspective. Your "Shadow" persona is essentially your subconscious weaknesses and instinct. It both drives your creativity and pursuit in life but it also has a lot of your weaknesses and inner darkness. It can be both good and bad.

SMILE2NE1

She describes Yuyi as the natural extension of her spirit. Your 'self' is essentially everything about you as a person. It encompasses everything all of your flaws, strengths, quirks, etc. A guy has an Anima which is their view of women, mentally, physically, moral, etc.. A women has an Animus which is essentially what a guy means in their perspective. Your "Shadow" persona is essentially your subconscious weaknesses and instinct. It both drives your creativity and pursuit in life but it also has a lot of your weaknesses and inner darkness. It can be both good and bad.

Tbh I think that Lady Gaga herself switches between persona and shadow. A lot of the times it allows her to be a theatrical performer but then her personality is sometimes the polar opposite - she's sad, talking about being bullied and dropped (much like the beginning of the MTN video) but this drives her creativity.

To me yuyi is just a mermaid phase she rehashed from TEOG I don't feel as if it is really meant to be her spirit.

Also I love these complicated concepts but I don't know how she could work it into songs that are still commercial.

iizwhoiiz

I know a lot of people are going to give me the finger for saying this. But I really do hope Gaga maybe does a "throwback" to TF + TFM. Honestly, in todays world, this is what people like. The catchy, stereotypical pop music. BTW was nice, however as a Gaga fan, it's been my least listened to. With the exception of a few songs on the album. The acapellas leaked show how they added this distortion sound to her voice that screetches and isn't pleasant to my ears. Some songs drown out her vocals. And some are overproduced. I love Gaga, but I'm just hoping the next album or EP is a throwback.

JoseLittleMonster

The elton john duet will be a #1 hit!! I love him!!! Gaga and Elton together are a perfect duet!!! and I also love that Fernando is again on the album, I mean his music is not always a hit but is the best so far! I think that RedOne is becomeing so mainstream!!! I don't like that!

Tbh I think that Lady Gaga herself switches between persona and shadow. A lot of the times it allows her to be a theatrical performer but then her personality is sometimes the polar opposite - she's sad, talking about being bullied and dropped (much like the beginning of the MTN video) but this drives her creativity.

To me yuyi is just a mermaid phase she rehashed from TEOG I don't feel as if it is really meant to be her spirit.

Also I love these complicated concepts but I don't know how she could work it into songs that are still commercial.

I think it'd be too complicated of a concept to tackle. However, she could still make it commercial and do well. For example, Lady Gaga is her persona where she comes across as a confident, global pop star. As such she would pop songs in the form of Bad Romance, Poker Face, etc. Maybe even BTW because she now also includes in her persona someone who speeks up from the underdogs.

Animus would be subject matter from a male perspective. For example, she once described Lovegame as the way she perceives men think and talk of s-x.

Her self would be songs that are more personal so songs like Hair, The Queen, and Y&I.

Her shadow would be songs that talk about her own flaws and insecurities. For example SHICD, Teeth, Judas and Speechless.

That's how I was thinking anyway. It would still remain pop and commercial just essentially her grouping different songs into the 4 main archetypes. She could also do slight twists. Her persona could be pure pop/dance/Red One; Her Self could be more down to earth maybe things that she holds important like Jazz, Bruce Springsteen, etc influences while still remaining pop and have it be produced by Garibay; Her shadow could be dark sounding vibe mixing rock and heavy electronic vibes while maintaining her pop roots and having DJWS produce; and I've got no clue with the animus, maybe stuff more like Y&I.

Edited by LordBy28

BricksNStrings

I honestly think 2012 will have one or two more BTW singles, the tour, and the recording process. If the album does come out this year, it won't be until Christmas time. Just my opinion.