💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

What I don't get is why Gaga would toy with us, if that's really the case…

Maybe she's tired and just wants to relax. Sure she has the tour starting in a few days so she wont rest much, but touring and having a single out could mean more work and stress. Maybe she's just not ready to put it out yet? I just wish she gave us a date, if she said its june, id be ok with that because at least then I wouldn't be getting my hopes up, and then crushed every day

I think Gaga hasn't released any info on the lead single because I simply believe she hasn't decided which song she wants to release first. I think she probably has it narrowed down to two songs...one of them being the title track ARTPOP (if the song exists) and the other being some other great single worthy song. She also probably doesn't have the album track list completely decided yet, though I think she's probably pretty close, and I would even go far enough to say that she is still writing and recording random material and also adding production or touching up the production on some of the tracks. I think by the end of January the album will pretty much be complete and she will announce release dates in mid february, first single late march/early april album out by mid may. Just speculation.

We're all Stronger Together!

misanthrope

what should we call this flop song with that trash? Lady Gaga ft Paris Hilton - Rock Bottom? :nails:

Bottle Blonde.

Also I was being slightly sarcastic ;) That isn't EVER going to happen.

Judas snippets were leaked, along with the Judas video. Then Born This Way leaked a week before the released date. :nails:

Yeeaaah but that was a week before when we knew the title and general information regarding the song/album. Currently we know nothing about ARTPOP, so its not close enough for anything substantial to leak.

Edited by misanthrope

TailoredGuilts

if she doesn't take the grammys as an opportunity to premiere the first single off ARTPOP, she's a fool. Worked wonders for Katy Perry's Part Of Me

HeavyPunkLover

The wait is becoming so boring. I honestly come on GGD to discuss other things and the community because Gaga just seems to be the least relevant thing. I hope the wait is worthwhile considering a 2013 release was a wise move on her part.

I'm bored too...

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

I think the Banks thing was completely blown out of proportion and I was not offended in the slightest. But I do agree that the media attention that Gaga will get if she decides to go through with the collab will probably be one of the worst decisions she can make. Not only will every newspaper, hater, half her fanbase, news channel, and online blog slam her as a hypocrite (we all know they look for anything to attack) but it will also seriously damage the beginning of an era. Now I know Gaga likes to do things her own way without caring what other people think to further her artistic exp<b></b>ression, this is good and a thing I like about her. But she is also a business woman. She knows that some of her career and attention is based on controversy, but what separates then from now is that it was smart controversy. This kind of controversy would be damaging in all the wrong ways, maybe not too awfully terrible but some none the less. Hopefully she can find a way to give it to us on the future but for now I just think its a not good idea.

Drama queen a little too much. It's not like Banks said "gays are stupid and they should be dead" or anything. She's also not so big yet, so even if Gags release the single ft her, what will happen. It'll go #1. Chill out everyone.

ryhanna

What I don't get is why Gaga would toy with us, if that's really the case…

She's not really toying with us.. She's just keeping us out of the loop. I think she wants to keep major information under wraps for as long as she can so that she can release it all at once as a surprise shortly before the release.

Antoni

She's not really toying with us.. She's just keeping us out of the loop. I think she wants to keep major information under wraps for as long as she can so that she can release it all at once as a surprise shortly before the release.

She could easily not say anything. Instead she IS toying with us by lying. 6 months ago: "PLAYED THE RECORD FOR MY LABEL!" 3 months ago: "Haven't picked out the tracklist." Few days ago: "Haven't picked out the tracklist." Even if she did change the entire record, there's no way it's taking her over three months to decide the damn tracklist.

My name isn't Timmers

misanthrope

She could easily not say anything. Instead she IS toying with us by lying. 6 months ago: "PLAYED THE RECORD FOR MY LABEL!" 3 months ago: "Haven't picked out the tracklist." Few days ago: "Haven't picked out the tracklist." Even if she did change the entire record, there's no way it's taking her over three months to decide the damn tracklist.

I think she just gets overzealous and releases information too soon and it bites her in the ass when things don't work out exactly as she had planned or how she thought it might play out. So she toys with us but I don't think it starts out as a conscious effort. So now she makes up this vague excuse that she can't pick the tracklist when in reality theres probably a variety of factors that contribute to the delay that we just can't know about. Than again who knows....thats just how I perceive it all. We'll most likely never really know :P

if she doesn't take the grammys as an opportunity to premiere the first single off ARTPOP, she's a fool. Worked wonders for Katy Perry's Part Of Me

Part of Me was successful because Katy was riding on a success wave. I don't think the Grammy's were a factor. Radio would've played anything she released ad nauseum even with little to no tv promo.

Edited by misanthrope

I think she just gets overzealous and releases information too soon and it bites her in the ass when things don't work out exactly as she had planned or how she thought it might play out. So she toys with us but I don't think it starts out as a conscious effort. So now she makes up this vague excuse that she can't pick the tracklist when in reality theres probably a variety of factors that contribute to the delay that we just can't know about. Than again who knows....thats just how I perceive it all. We'll most likely never really know :P

Part of Me was successful because Katy was riding on a success wave. I don't think the Grammy's were a factor. Radio would've played anything she released ad nauseum even with little to no tv promo.

Well with Part Of Me.. If I hadn't been watching the Grammy's, I wouldn't have heard or downloaded it. :laughga:

And as for the above, I agree. She did get very "OMG I JUST MOVED THE B ON BORN THIS WAY'S ALBUM COVER OVER BY ONE PIXEL LOOK!" didn't she? Told us every little thing. Leaked the Album Cover while it was just in Computer Printout stage, and sang the 1st lines of the chorus for Born This Way (single) like...3 months in advance? Or something similar.

With Bad Romance...literally I'd only heard Poker Face and most of The Fame album. It was charting here, and I had them all on my iPod. My classmate asked me if I'd heard Bad Romance and when I got home I YouTube'd it. Fell. In. Effing. Love!

Bad Romance arrived with not a bang, but a BLAST. Stereo cranked to 11-kinda blast. It was a smash hit (here at least) and played everywhere! She needs this with the lead single for ARTPOP. Be the single Ratchet, TEA, GUY or 'Psychotic Warhol Painting' (made up title!!!!!!!!!!!) or something, surprise is the key to success!

珈琲ちょうだい

VforVendetta

Lady Gaga Feat. Paris Hilton should happen one day :nails:

I find it a good reason to stop being a little monster!!

misanthrope

Well with Part Of Me.. If I hadn't been watching the Grammy's, I wouldn't have heard or downloaded it. :laughga:

Really? Here in America Katy Perry was inescapable. Like with or without the grammy's it was a shoe-in hit.

And as for the above, I agree. She did get very "OMG I JUST MOVED THE B ON BORN THIS WAY'S ALBUM COVER OVER BY ONE PIXEL LOOK!" didn't she? Told us every little thing. Leaked the Album Cover while it was just in Computer Printout stage, and sang the 1st lines of the chorus for Born This Way (single) like...3 months in advance? Or something similar.

5 months (September 12, 2010/February 11, 2011).

Same with the album's name. We've been waiting for the same duration (August 3, 2012/January 7, 2013) and we don't know anything more. :fat:

Antoni

http://youtu.be/SWF3GhS_WQA

paris_hilton2.jpg

I thought Paris was one of Gaga's high school bullies. lol

My name isn't Timmers