ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

has there been any more talk of ARTPOP having j-pop influences?! She said it a few months ago but she's like a delusional Real Housewife where she says one thing and then a month later says something totally opposite and just pretends like it's always been that way.

Anyways, I hope there is, I would be so obsessed.

I hope not tbh...

I want songs that sound like a Disney Princess being put into a rave. :evil:

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

shiptowreck

I have a feeling Sex Dreams is gonna be her obligatory bondage/s-x song.

I Like It Rough

Teeth

Heavy Metal Lover

Sex Dreams

I'm also expecting another song named after a body part.

Teeth

Hair

Nails

Just some predictions...

A song called Hip :derpga:

I don't know if the description fits here but I'm expecting some song to sound like Gaga's parts in Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe

I would be so okay with that.

That being said, I am hoping for at least one kind of soulful and s-xy song that's still 'pop'. Here's hoping that it's Sex Dreams.

THISSSSSS I stan so hard for Luv U Sum like you guys don't even realize. I hope when she talks about the tracks that are trap/rap influenced it's gonna be the monotone/spoken word kinda songs like Luv U Sum and Poker Face

And "The Queen" :derpga:

Everyone hates Kesha because she half-talks, half-sings, but now you're stanning for Gaga to do it?

My name isn't Timmers

Everyone hates Kesha because she half-talks, half-sings, but now you're stanning for Gaga to do it?

I love Kesha's half-talking half-singing. It's pop perfection.

It kind of irritates me when singers try to prove themselves vocally in pop songs. Just give us music we can get drunk to, and then include one or two album songs that show off your pretty voice

I love Kesha's half-talking half-singing. It's pop perfection.

It kind of irritates me when singers try to prove themselves vocally in pop songs. Just give us music we can get drunk to, and then include one or two album songs that show off your pretty voice

Well I'm glad I found another Kesha fan. But wouldn't it be good if Gaga wrote songs that are good to get drunk to AND that show off her voice? I think P!nk does it really well.

My name isn't Timmers

A song called Hip :derpga:

I would be so okay with that.

That being said, I am hoping for at least one kind of soulful and s-xy song that's still 'pop'. Here's hoping that it's Sex Dreams.

:dead:

Yeah Pink does do it well, but I think it makes people think of her as mom music kind of lol.

I love love love the songs that Gaga shows off her voice, Speechless kills me every time. But I think the GP just really prefers The Fame/Bad Romance gaga, and she was a little more focused on making fun music we can dance to rather than proving herself or showing off vocals. If she goes back in that direction, I'll be so happy. And with what we've heard of her half-talking style, like Cake and Luv U Sum, it sounds like she pulls it off better than Kesha. Kesha doesn't seem to be so popular anymore (I don't get why :(...) but just b/c it doesn't work well for her anymore, I don't think that means it won't work for Gaga

Edited by mikiki

Can someone explain how j-pop differs from pop? I've never got it and I wanna get excited about CHARTTOP (good one) again

Can someone explain how j-pop differs from pop? I've never got it and I wanna get excited about CHARTTOP (good one) again

Born Brave

Well I'm glad I found another Kesha fan. But wouldn't it be good if Gaga wrote songs that are good to get drunk to AND that show off her voice? I think P!nk does it really well.

Born This way wasn't a good album for parties... unless it was just full of hardcore gaga fans... I hope ARTPOP is something that everyone can get drunk with and love and from the description she gave of "a good night at a club.. just keeps going".. I'm thrilled..... although some aren't im sure..

Born This way wasn't a good album for parties... unless it was just full of hardcore gaga fans... I hope ARTPOP is something that everyone can get drunk with and love and from the description she gave of "a good night at a club.. just keeps going".. I'm thrilled..... although some aren't im sure..

I don't think BTW was a great example of her voice, either. We weren't talking about past albums.

My name isn't Timmers