ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Pure Adrenaline

Imagine this (I know it's as delusional as calling Katy original but still):

Tomorrow you wake up, sign in YouTube and .......there's the music video of the new single uploaded.

What would be your reaction..... are you gonna cry, fall unconscious, melt-the fuc-down, start shaking and derping, jump from a building,scream & shout while watching it, take a ****/piss, start running and screaming around your room, watch it and while watching start wetting from the amaziness or die but after you bought the song on iTunes and purchased it online. :emma:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

unicornpaparazzi

Imagine this (I know it's as delusional as calling Katy original but still):

Tomorrow you wake up, sign in YouTube and .......there's the music video of the new single uploaded.

What would be your reaction..... are you gonna cry, fall unconscious, melt-the fuc-down, start shaking and derping, jump from a building,scream & shout while watching it, take a ****/piss, start running and screaming around your room, watch it and while watching start wetting from the amaziness or die but after you bought the song on iTunes and purchased it online. :emma:

hope this answers:

https://soundcloud.com/enchanter-1/ARTPOP-release-date-exclusive

Edited by unicornpaparazzi

unicornpaparazzi

Looks like Troy basically said summer release.. so single in April-May?

which brings us back to the HMV post

exoskeleton123

Looks like Troy basically said summer release.. so single in April-May?

Sounds like it! Yay! At least we have a tenative time period. I have a feeling that on her birthday she'll spill info

Sounds like it! Yay! At least we have a tenative time period. I have a feeling that on her birthday she'll spill info

I'm still not so sure
We're all Stronger Together!

aaronyoji

ugh the close minded things i read on here.so what if it did sound like trap? its confirmed that trap is a subgenre that will be explored on ARTPOP. none of us can really anticipate what the sound of ARTPOP will be, and yet i see quite a few people threatening to leave this fanbase if its not what you expected...but we don't know what to expect! i mean what kind of bull**** logic...? ya know what, some of you should just leave already, people like that aren't doing this fanbase any favors by injecting such close mindedness.

Edited by aaronyoji

EdgeOfGlory77

I feel like the app is really what's holding the album release date back. I'm still REALLY excited for the potential that this app has, but i think we'd definitely have a single by now if it wasn't for the app.

My theory is that the only reason she's still recording vocals and that some songs may not be done is because she knows she has extra time while the app is being developed. "Why not re-record some things while we have the time?"

Seriously, people? I do believe we're getting a summer release. I also believe that the Billboard article was correct when it was posted in January. It looks like the injury made us get ARTPOP sooner. But what I'm confused about is why the last time an interview with Troy said when the album was coming out, everyone freaked out and said it was fake just because it wasn't a direct quote. The release date isn't a direct quote in this new story, either. But since it's a better timeframe for us, everyone's going to eat it up.

My name isn't Timmers

Morphine Prince

Troy didn't say anything we didn't know before. Not really news. As for the summer release.... that seems implied more than confirmed.

Im lost which HMV post?

The HMV stores that are letting people put ARTPOP on reserve for April.

Troy didn't say anything we didn't know before. Not really news. As for the summer release.... that seems implied more than confirmed.

The difference between this and previous stories is the article actually does show that they talked about ARTPOP. And, for the tenth time in this thread, editors call interview subjects to confirm everything in a story before it is posted.

My name isn't Timmers

Whilst it would be great to have the video ready with the release of the lead single, unfortunately filming a video (unless it is just her in a small

studio) will almost certainly result in a leak of the track, so video filming will have to be after the single is released.

You're right however the music video for BTW was recorded before the single release and that track didn't leak :)

Morphine Prince

The difference between this and previous stories is the article actually does show that they talked about ARTPOP. And, for the tenth time in this thread, editors call interview subjects to confirm everything in a story before it is posted.

I know but I just don't believe anything anymore lol. Not getting my hopes up for anything.

Morphine Prince

Stop being so pessimistic! Scheisse WILL be a single eventually! GaGa will release it w/ her new perfume and then maybe more singles during the tour !! I hope she chooses Americano and HML :)

Lol, it's February 2013 and look at what happened. Haha, just decided to look at old posts.