Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

I think the controversy here would indeed come to fruition, but not as much as Judas for instance, in a worldwide context.

Being brutally and coldly honest, the whole catholic imagery and ideals hit a nerve with a high percentage of people in western culture (aka GP), as opposed to the very geographically-specific Muslim culture.

And as the whole music industry is based on western values and artists, the backlash would probably happen, yeah, but it wouldn't be as 'outrageous' or lasting, if done tastefully. Of course Muslim extremists would surely be VERY vocal about it, no matter how tasteful it is, but then again, they don't have that much of an active voice in pop culture.

Besides, the whole burqa concept is widely regarded by non-Muslims as a form of repression of women's rights and gender equality, so it does relate to lots of Gaga themes. It might not only be about the actual Muslim culture, but cultural oppression in general. So, assuming the song actually does exist, which is something no one still knows for sure, there might even be some positive comments from influential western critics... and me, actually. I think that if done right, it might just hit the right nerve, raise awareness and be quite a landmark. I'm really looking forward to hearing it (assuming the song is real, etc etc).

:tea:

noTrespassing

do you think this is real? http://m.soundcloud.com/ARTPOPgaga2013

I have no idea.. just think that some of those snippets sound pretty amazing! ...

Born Brave

Still no tweet from Gaga bout the Born This Way anniversary

hoping she attaches some kind of tidbit of ARTPOP info to that when she does.

Edited by G U Y

MonsterOfSpain

@ladygaga Lady Gaga

omg! 2 years since I unleashed BORN THIS WAY on the world. So excited for my next 2 yrs off little monsters. Thank u so much for supporting me.

:derpga:

I thought it was real tbh.

Born Brave

And we were expecting the lead single for summer last year :toofloppy:

Ikr? I was so convinced that it was coming last fall when she played the song in the car...

MonsterOfSpain

For what we have, I'll say Mid-April single and August album. 2 singles before the album release and the 3rd at the same time.