đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

misanthrope

Speak for yourself. The Edge of Glory is an amazing title and I loved it since the first time I heard it.

Don't tell that to me, tell that to the guy I responded to. He was the one that thought it was lame.

Redstreak

Speak for yourself. The Edge of Glory is an amazing title and I loved it since the first time I heard it.

I personally loved HU title. :legend: The only title I really found meh was FOHL
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

George Black

I want ARTPOP to have like a nice mixture of songs with different influences. I will hate it if every single track is super up-tempo in-your-face Skrillex-like EDM :ohno:

I'd love some really trippy songs :sara: and also some b---hy, trap-inspired songs like Cake. I just want the album to be really different and cool and weird as f*ck.

but srsly tho i'm actually praying for at least one slow trippy track. (most monsters would hate that but i'd love it tbh)

That's pretty much what I want too

I'm all here for burqa. I'm Arab and burqa, unlike hijab, has nothing to do with Islam; it's mostly used in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Indonesia, the non Arabic speaking islamic countries. Burqa is about oppression and would love Gaga to make it an anthem for the emancipation of oppressed women.

some find it as part of their culture and actually embrace the burqa. In France, they are trying to ban the burqa to "stop the oppression" but the women still want to wear it as it is part of their culture. So the song can go either way.

Solitaire

Thanks for the recomendations im definitely going to give them a listen. For the most part the electro music that im into is this:

I like that! :excited: Another good song from CC is Not In Love ft. Robert Smith. It was some really nice synths that I hope show up in ARTPOP, they're very icy, atmosphere and big. Almost sounds like they're being played in a aircraft hanger or something.

I'm really hoping for some true House ifluences on ARTPOP. Like this: (Tbh, not even sure this is truely house, but this what I associate with the term "house music" :laughga: )

Edited by Sycothisis
- Previously Sycothisis

misanthrope

does those lyrics gaga tweeted sound to you like a re-boot of Britney's song "Circus" ?

What lyrics? She posted lyrics?...And I can't with people starting with comparisons already...

Edited by misanthrope

Pure Adrenaline

no it's stupid

this....if she wants to repeat Judas all over again :roll:

I think BURQA will have the best video from ARTPOP era if it becomes a Single Imagine Gaga in a desert with BURQA. The video will be too epic And we are not sure If the single is controversial or not. I don't know If I am mistaking but I remember her saying s.th. that BURQA is about FREEDOM. If it is this way the single can be really controversial. I hope it is something cool tho

no it wont...even if it isn't religion related just the name itself brings controversy the GP would first attack then listen, this would be the most stupid thing gaga to do(I don't even reckon it on the records...instead keep it for the APP)

Judas was the biggest Gaga hit from Born This Way in bulgaria and was the highest to chart in the year end Airplay chart. The song is FLAWLESS ! And the video is the best from BTW Era. I love MTN video but Judas is my fav from BTW :)

yeah it was literary the Radio ate it up...but there's also the fact that we bulgarians (the youth mostly) aren't so religious like the US for example, In my class the all the girls had Judas for ringtone and were faning it like carzy....but they didn't even know what it means when I told them what does the Judas name mean they we like ..... "Oh, I even put it on my facebook page" :fail: so if she wants contraversy yeah release BURQA but then the blackash would tear the whole era down

the awkward moment when promo singles and non-single songs are better than the single (Hair, HML > MTN)

iBFb6.jpg

iBFb6.jpg

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

misanthrope

Everyone thinks Burqa will be bad because of controversy but I think it'll be bad because it'll probably look as "desperate to be controversial" as Judas was. Like an unnecessary use of metaphors.

ARTPOPIST86

@PetitMonstre77's tweets are the best! He has a theory about Gaga bringing up Calvin Harris to tie into how Calvin produced Too Much on Kylie Minogue's album APHRODITE as well as Leona Lewis because Leona was supposed to do We Found Love. Leona is best known for Bleeding Love, PetitMonstre77's assumption is a tie in to lyric CUT ME OPEN.

And he thinks Gaga's references about pearls, apples, roses, the sea, as well as the sceptre she had at the Grammys last year tie into Aphrodite because those are all symbols of the Goddess. Given Gaga's openness about being in love+in a relationship he also thinks ties into an Aphrodite theme/song about love.

He says the Black and Gold theme (how Gaga is always wearing Black and Gold) ties in ROCKY - Rocky wore black and gold shorts - and that Gaga has created an "anthem for Underdogs" inspired by Rocky which was also hinted by Gaga in her interview with Rolling Stone in 2010 where she described how she cried when Rocky defeated Ivan and that she loved the line "Cut him once, and once he bleeds, he'll see he is a man, not a machine". She went on to say she wants to remind music that it is human, not a machine. He also notes her reference to Rocky in Gaga's tweet about Obama "coming like Rocky" in the presidential debate. Then when Gaga tweeted Miley about looking like Brigitte Neilson, that ties into Rocky as well because Brigitte portrayed Ivan Drago's wife Ludmilla in Rocky IV.

And another theory he has is the new music tying into SWAN LAKE and BLACK SWAN. In Swan Lake, there is a Princess, Princess Odette, who in real life was portrayed by ADELAIDE GIURI in the first production in Russia in 1904. He thinks this is why Gaga brought us portraying a woman named Adelaide in Guys+Dolls in school. In Black Swan Natalie Portman portrays Nina who plays Princess Odette, the White Swan and Mila Kunis plays the Black Swan, in the end, Nina and Lily are the same person, @PetitMonstre77 thinks this relates to blonde Gaga and brunette Gaga and the comment "we could belong together". When Gaga said "white is the new influence", he says Gaga was hinting at the white feathers of the swan. And he says at the Grammy Live Concert in 2011, Gaga's black eye makeup relates to the Swan theme - swan have black around their eyes. Swans also birth white+green eggs that look similar to the vessel Gaga used at 2011 Grammys. He says Gaga had Sleeping With Gaga reflective of Sleeping Beauty, which like Swan Lake, is a ballet by Tchaikovsky as another hint toward new music.

Check out @PetitMonstre77 on twitter! Twitter.com/petitmonstre77

Pure Adrenaline

@PetitMonstre77's tweets are the best! He has a theory about Gaga bringing up Calvin Harris to tie into how Calvin produced Too Much on Kylie Minogue's album APHRODITE as well as Leona Lewis because Leona was supposed to do We Found Love. Leona is best known for Bleeding Love, PetitMonstre77's assumption is a tie in to lyric CUT ME OPEN.

And he thinks Gaga's references about pearls, apples, roses, the sea, as well as the sceptre she had at the Grammys last year tie into Aphrodite because those are all symbols of the Goddess. Given Gaga's openness about being in love+in a relationship he also thinks ties into an Aphrodite theme/song about love.

He says the Black and Gold theme (how Gaga is always wearing Black and Gold) ties in ROCKY - Rocky wore black and gold shorts - and that Gaga has created an "anthem for Underdogs" inspired by Rocky which was also hinted by Gaga in her interview with Rolling Stone in 2010 where she described how she cried when Rocky defeated Ivan and that she loved the line "Cut him once, and once he bleeds, he'll see he is a man, not a machine". She went on to say she wants to remind music that it is human, not a machine. He also notes her reference to Rocky in Gaga's tweet about Obama "coming like Rocky" in the presidential debate. Then when Gaga tweeted Miley about looking like Brigitte Neilson, that ties into Rocky as well because Brigitte portrayed Ivan Drago's wife Ludmilla in Rocky IV.

And another theory he has is the new music tying into SWAN LAKE and BLACK SWAN. In Swan Lake, there is a Princess, Princess Odette, who in real life was portrayed by ADELAIDE GIURI in the first production in Russia in 1904. He thinks this is why Gaga brought us portraying a woman named Adelaide in Guys+Dolls in school. In Black Swan Natalie Portman portrays Nina who plays Princess Odette, the White Swan and Mila Kunis plays the Black Swan, in the end, Nina and Lily are the same person, @PetitMonstre77 thinks this relates to blonde Gaga and brunette Gaga and the comment "we could belong together". When Gaga said "white is the new influence", he says Gaga was hinting at the white feathers of the swan. And he says at the Grammy Live Concert in 2011, Gaga's black eye makeup relates to the Swan theme - swan have black around their eyes. Swans also birth white+green eggs that look similar to the vessel Gaga used at 2011 Grammys. He says Gaga had Sleeping With Gaga reflective of Sleeping Beauty, which like Swan Lake, is a ballet by Tchaikovsky as another hint toward new music.

Check out @PetitMonstre77 on twitter! Twitter.com/petitmonstre77

It looks like this @PetitMonstre77 has lots of free time in his hands :laughga:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Solitaire

I'd love some really trippy songs :sara: and also some b---hy, trap-inspired songs like Cake. I just want the album to be really different and cool and weird as f*ck.

but srsly tho i'm actually praying for at least one slow trippy track. (most monsters would hate that but i'd love it tbh)

YAS. I'm really hoping for a trance track or two. Sorta like the You and I remixes on the Remix album, but more so.

- Previously Sycothisis