💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I love Gaga and all..... but....

Chucky

Featured Posts

nomorescheisse

ARTPOP isn't my favorite but I still love it. What really upsets me is her sudden disappearance not long after the album release, especially with barely any explanation. I know it's selfish, but I was so excited for all the promo and work we'd be seeing from her. Now the most exciting things we get are candids of her at parties and such. :( I just don't understand, especially with those strange cryptic tweets she's been sending out lately. I'd be lying if I said all this didn't bother me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I answer... I think the commercial standing is having a big effect. Oh wait, it's flopping? It must be bad! Not saying this applies to everyone of course but I think a lot of non-stans are disregarding ARTPOP and just assuming it's a bad album because it's not selling particularly well. Commercial success doesn't equal quality. Just look at Michael Bay's Transformer movies... massive box office income, but universally panned by pretty much everyone.

But it's absolutely fine to dislike an album, I didn't like half of what Born this Way turned out to be and I stuck around; glad I did because I love ARTPOP. It's a shame you don't like the music, but obviously that doesn't make you a bad fan.

I love the album but I get a sense of emptiness. I think it is not just because of the lack of performances or videos, but more about the lack of interest the GP and the media have. I don't even feel like Gaga is as interested in it as she was a month or two ago.

I'm not trying to say i'm a fan who only cares about numbers and promotion, but i feel there is something missing but i don't know what  :huh:

BricksNStrings

When people say they think it's Gaga's best album, I can't help but wonder, are we listening to the same album?! But we all have our different tastes, I guess. It's obvious that Gaga loves the album, and some fans love the album, but it's also obvious from all the criticism that many many fans do not like the album, and based on its sales, many many people in the GP don't like the album.

I'm hoping that what Gaga is realizing now is that she is not only an artist, but also a businesswoman. I'm glad she followed her artistic vision and released something that she feels reflects herself at this time in her life. She obviously should have the freedom to release whatever she wants, even if a lot of fans don't like it. Inevitably, there are going to be some fans who love it and think of it as the album that changed their life, even if it's only 1% of this fanbase. (For ARTPOP, it's definitely higher than that, of course!)

But her music is also a business. I think something important to keep in mind is the way that her artistry and her business are interconnected through fame. Fame is her canvas. A huge part of her art is performing as a litmus strip for society at any given time...doing something that pushes the bounds of what is considered proper, and then seeing how the general public reacts to it. Fame is her pedestal that she must stand on in order to complete that task. I think that's the most interesting part of what she does. But if she doesn't run a good business, if few people listen to the music, few people watch her performances, few people are reacting to the work and posting about it on social media, then a huge part of her art is lost. So much of her art is the concept of the gazing ball...the art is more in how people react to it and interpret it than necessarily what she physically does. At this point in the era, Gaga needs to reconsider if this album is good for business or not. IMO, it's not, and she needs to start fresh if she wants to accomplish what she intended to with this album.

This is the first intelligent post I've read in a long time.

What is this "era" people want beyond good music and performances.

Perfect chart slayage?

Critics and awards shows showering her with praise?

Gaga to be happy, or to pretend to be?

Online fanbase to be happy (good luck with that ever!)

I guess Lorde doesn't either. How many performances has she done?

And Beyonce? Has she been living in a cave since the album dropped?

But I also agree with this.

This is the first intelligent post I've read in a long time.

Thank you! I have a knack for spending way too much time a--lyzing the career of a person I'm never going to meet, rather than doing my d*mn homework.  :ohwell: 

Michelle

I love this album so SO much..LOVE IT and it was going so great :party: and then all of a sudden I don't know what happened :noparty: I just keep loving this album and dancing/running/working out to it and enjoying it...hoping soon,something will happen.I have ARTRAVE tix ALTHOUGH I have had like 3 awful dreams it gets cancelled :giveup:

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

the era itself is a damn mess but the album slays

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Ambrosia

It started off pretty strong, but fizzled out somewhere along the way.  I have to wonder if releasing the album and starting the era was a bit forced - like maybe she just wasn't ready, but having been out of the scene for awhile, felt obligated to come back.  I also wonder if her hip is still bothering her.  Perhaps the routines thus far already agitated something?  It's a possible reason why we had all these performances then boom - nothing.  It's obvious she doesn't really like to talk about that kind of stuff too- hence the quietness?

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

I find the music material to be rather good, if not great. I even consider it as a superior album in general than TF and TFM combined. The music video of Applause has been her strongest visually since Telephone. A good amount of her performances for this era are pretty much enjoyable to watch too. And for her to duet and release a remix with someone we've thought to be among her real-life rivals shows a lot to her desire to make this era a success as much as possible.

However, it just seems all of these efforts aren't enough, as reflected in the charts and the overall reception from the media. The uncertainty whether she has a confirmed promo spot in the coming months or not doesn't help either. The lack of promo and Lady Gaga is the least thing one would want to see in a same statement. But that's the unfortunate reality we've right now. The "excitement" vibe for this era, with the continued delay of the DWUW music video and the lack of a top 10 hit at the moment, has long been gone. And that's just simply disheartening for a fan rooting for her after an almost two-year absence in the charts. 

LadyoftheDam

ARTPOP isn't my favorite but I still love it. What really upsets me is her sudden disappearance not long after the album release, especially with barely any explanation. I know it's selfish, but I was so excited for all the promo and work we'd be seeing from her. Now the most exciting things we get are candids of her at parties and such. :( I just don't understand, especially with those strange cryptic tweets she's been sending out lately. I'd be lying if I said all this didn't bother me.

I know what you mean; I feel the same way. Those candids from the Versace show were the most exciting thing we've gotten in a few days, if not, weeks. It bothers me too, and I hope I don't come off as selfish either. 

maybe she expects her fans to make some effort to understand.

I do make an effort to understand, but sometimes it would be nice if she'd just say what she means instead of wrapping it in metaphors and art references...

I Haven't Bought It Yet Either....

U And Me Not Buying The Album Considering How Big Of Fans We R Must Be Saying Something....

Bad fan here... I have yet to buy ARTPOP. I like the music, but not enough for me to buy. Maybe, I'll get a few of the songs I like on iTunes at some point. But I wouldn't hold your breath. :teehee:

Has anyone else not buy it?

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived