Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will the ArtRave outsell the Prismatic Tour?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

HOTRODSGAGA

No one gives a damn about your aunt, I mean, how is she even relevant to the thread ? Seriously

And yes, they did go, a lot of people agreed on the fact that it was a bloody mess and that she lacked energy and conviction. You could even read it on GGD

yeah she lacked energy cuz she had a broken hip :roll: 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

yeah she lacked energy cuz she had a broken hip :roll:

She didn't begin the tour with it I guess ?

Oh well, whatever gets you satisfied ;)

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

HOTRODSGAGA

She didn't begin the tour with it I guess ?

Oh well, whatever gets you satisfied ;)

it didnt pop up out of nowhere. 

Even if she does (which I doubt), Gaga would still be a better performer and singer.
I doubt people would give money to watch and listen how a tortured goat (khm katy) screams live :awkney:

Jenniferella

it didnt pop up out of nowhere.

Why do people need to find reasons for everything that happens to her ?

The tour sucked according to a lot of people and obviously it wasn't only because of the lack of energy. The castle was a bad idea, the outfits were disappointing, some performances were simply boring as hell, etc

If you don't agree with it well good for you, but don't say that everybody was satisfied cause it's just not true

HOTRODSGAGA

The tour sucked according to a lot of people and obviously it wasn't only because of the lack of energy. The castle was a bad idea, the outfits were disappointing, some performances were simply boring as hell, etc

If you don't agree with it well good for you, but don't say that everybody was satisfied cause it's just not true

i'm not saying everybody was satisfied. 

but you are saying everybody thought it sucked. hypocrisy much. 

Of course not everybody's gonna like the tour. you didn't like it, that fine. just dont be pressed about it. youre so defensive about your opinion, its pathetic.

Stefani328

That's your opinion. If you weren't, YOU just weren't. You can't speak for everyone else. That's your opinion.  Why are you so rude? He was using his aunt as an example, that is all.

Jenniferella

i'm not saying everybody was satisfied. 

but you are saying everybody thought it sucked. hypocrisy much. 

Of course not everybody's gonna like the tour. you didn't like it, that fine. just dont be pressed about it. youre so defensive about your opinion, its pathetic.

The negativity about the BTWBT was much more palpable than with the MBT, just admit it.

I never said everybody thought it sucked, I said there was a lot of Gaga fans that didn't like it

That's your opinion. If you weren't, YOU just weren't. You can't speak for everyone else. That's your opinion.  Why are you so rude? He was using his aunt as an example, that is all.

Well that example was useless

GAGA will do better than Katy. Ok, Katy has more US dates but in Europe she wont do so good. Yes she has 16 dates in UK AND Ireland but honestly I dont see her doing so many European cities after UK AND Ireland. She is not so big or relevant here. Miley also ( her 22 dates in whole Europe ) .  GAGA will do 35-40 dates in Europe for sure depending on will she do stadiums or arenas. Gaga can sell everywhere in Europe, Katy and Miley cant. And I dont wanna even start to talk about Asia. Gaga is simply global. :legend:

True to be honest. I can see Gaga having 50-60 European ArtRave dates when the tour is over (2 legs?)

Gaga's tour force is much stronger than Katy's in Asia or South America.

Don't underestimate Katy's Asian presence. It will be her first time there, and she's already done promotion in China and Japan. PRISM is also doing much better than ARTPOP in East-Asia (not in Japan though :legend: ), which is weird because BTW was hella successful in East-Asia.

Your post doesn't make any sense to me, oh well

There is a possibility, yes, since a lot of Gaga fans were disappointed with the BTWBT

:udidnt: #FLOPFANS BTWBall is Gaga's best creation :legend:

Rainbow Unicorn

Don't underestimate Katy's Asian presence. It will be her first time there, and she's already done promotion in China and Japan. PRISM is also doing much better than ARTPOP in East-Asia (not in Japan though :legend: ), which is weird because BTW was hella successful in East-Asia.

Actually, I don't see Katy on Taiwanese Charts and ARTPOP isn't on sale in China   :omfgaga:

Actually, I don't see Katy on Taiwanese Charts and ARTPOP isn't on sale in China   :omfgaga:

ARTPOP went on sale in China yesterday though :emma:

But lemme show some receipts, since you want them. Spotify, airplay and official charts are the best way to estimate success in Europe/East-Asia. So lemme bring some receipts :coffee:

Spotify:

Taiwan: 

PRISM #10

PRISM #26

ARTPOP #32

Roar #5

Dark Horse #22

Applause #32

Unconditionally #33

DWUW #36

Katy Perry #4 artist

Lady Gaga #17 artist

Hong Kong:

PRISM #9

PRISM #22

ARTPOP #41

Roar #4

Dark Horse #22

Unconditionally #24

DWUW #35

Applause #40

Katy Perry #5 artist

Lady Gaga #32 artist

Malaysia:

PRISM #8

PRISM #15

ARTPOP #18

Roar #9

Dark Horse #14

Unconditionally #16

DWUW #26

Applause #31

Katy Perry #1 artist

Lady Gaga #22 artist

Singapore

PRISM #7

ARTPOP #19

PRISM #20

Roar #6

Unconditionally #19

Dark Horse #22

Applause #30

DWUW #40

Katy Perry #2 artist

Lady Gaga #19 artist

Gaon Charts South Korea

Albums:

ARTPOP out of top 200

PRISM out of top 200

Streaming songs:

Neither Gaga's nor Katy's in the Top 200

Single Sales:

Both out of the Top 200 :emma:

China:

PRISM #1 best-selling international album (Gold), ARTPOP released yesterday.

Philippines:

(unofficial charts)

#8 Unconditionally

Other songs nowhere in the Top 10.

:emma:

StrawberryBlond

She's performed in Asia several times on her tours before:

Hello Katy Tour:

May 25, 2009 - Osaka - Club Quattro

May 26, 2009 - Nagoya - Club Quattro

May 28, 2009 - Tokyo - Duo Music Exchange

May 29, 2009 - Tokyo - Duo Music Exchange

November 14, 2009 - Pasay - SM Mall Of Asia Concert Grounds

California Dreams Tour:

May 22, 2011 - Nagoya - Zepp Nagoya

May 23 2011 - Tokyo - Studio Coast

May 24, 2011 - Tokyo - Studio Coast

May 26, 2011 - Osaka - Zepp Osaka

January 19, 2012 - Bogor - SICC Auditorium

January 22, 2012 - Pasy - SM Mall Of Asia Concert Grounds

Those are all mega small arenas. The Zepp outlets all hold less than 3,000 people and Studio Coast is a nightclub. I couldn't find info about those places she toured with Hello Katy, so they must have been really insignificant. The SICC Auditorium only holds 11,000 (and Katy only played to 8,000) and the Phillipine venue was before the place was remade into a 20,000 capacity venue (back then, it was 11,500 or so). As you can see, the only places where she had demand for second dates were at the really small places. I highly doubt she's going to make an impact there at this point. It seems to be true across the board that regardless of where Katy's album charts, she still has very little demand as a touring act. I will say, though, that I think it's odd how she's yet to tour South Korea - she's had several top ten singles and albums there and Roar even went to #1.

Just because an artist gets some success in these regions, it doesn't automatically translate to touring success, though. One of Carly Rae Jepsen's most lucrative markets was Japan but despite that, she just did a teeny little tour there. Taylor Swift had some of the biggest Japanese success she'd ever had with Red, but after nearly a year of touring and the last 5 dates due to commence next month, it looks like she's not even going to tour Asia whatsoever this time for some unknown reason (though I think it could be because her team want her to do decent sized arenas and stadiums only and it'd be unlikely that she could fill the biggest arenas in Japan).

She's performed in Asia several times on her tours before:

Hello Katy Tour:

May 25, 2009 - Osaka - Club Quattro

May 26, 2009 - Nagoya - Club Quattro

May 28, 2009 - Tokyo - Duo Music Exchange

May 29, 2009 - Tokyo - Duo Music Exchange

November 14, 2009 - Pasay - SM Mall Of Asia Concert Grounds

California Dreams Tour:

May 22, 2011 - Nagoya - Zepp Nagoya

May 23 2011 - Tokyo - Studio Coast

May 24, 2011 - Tokyo - Studio Coast

May 26, 2011 - Osaka - Zepp Osaka

January 19, 2012 - Bogor - SICC Auditorium

January 22, 2012 - Pasy - SM Mall Of Asia Concert Grounds

Those are all mega small arenas. The Zepp outlets all hold less than 3,000 people and Studio Coast is a nightclub. I couldn't find info about those places she toured with Hello Katy, so they must have been really insignificant. The SICC Auditorium only holds 11,000 (and Katy only played to 8,000) and the Phillipine venue was before the place was remade into a 20,000 capacity venue (back then, it was 11,500 or so). As you can see, the only places where she had demand for second dates were at the really small places. I highly doubt she's going to make an impact there at this point. It seems to be true across the board that regardless of where Katy's album charts, she still has very little demand as a touring act. I will say, though, that I think it's odd how she's yet to tour South Korea - she's had several top ten singles and albums there and Roar even went to #1.

Just because an artist gets some success in these regions, it doesn't automatically translate to touring success, though. One of Carly Rae Jepsen's most lucrative markets was Japan but despite that, she just did a teeny little tour there. Taylor Swift had some of the biggest Japanese success she'd ever had with Red, but after nearly a year of touring and the last 5 dates due to commence next month, it looks like she's not even going to tour Asia whatsoever this time for some unknown reason (though I think it could be because her team want her to do decent sized arenas and stadiums only and it'd be unlikely that she could fill the biggest arenas in Japan).

But Roar kinda seems to be Katy's breakthrough in East-Asia. It's not done that well in Japan, but it did phenomenal in the rest of Asia. She's even done some promotion. The last time jaty was there was in 2011, and that was the time when Gaga RULED East-Asia. Now Katy rules East-Asia. We'll see though, but I think she'll fill big arenas/add second dates in Hong Kong, Beijing, shanghai, Nagoya, Tokyo (Saitama), Osaka, Seoul, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Jakarta, Taipei and perhaps even Hanoi.

StrawberryBlond

But Roar kinda seems to be Katy's breakthrough in East-Asia. It's not done that well in Japan, but it did phenomenal in the rest of Asia. She's even done some promotion. The last time jaty was there was in 2011, and that was the time when Gaga RULED East-Asia. Now Katy rules East-Asia. We'll see though, but I think she'll fill big arenas/add second dates in Hong Kong, Beijing, shanghai, Nagoya, Tokyo (Saitama), Osaka, Seoul, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Jakarta, Taipei and perhaps even Hanoi.

Sorry, but I just don't see her doing a huge Asian leg. I don't think one successful single translates into "ruling east Asia." Your list of possible dates sounds more like an Avril Lavigne tour than a Katy Perry tour. Because Katy isn't much of a touring force in Asia, her team may not see the point in wasting time and money booking her in places that might not even sell. Like I was saying, unbelievably, despite breaking into the Asian market with Red, Taylor Swift appears not to be including Asia in her tour, so who's to say other artists might not do the same? Beyonce, who once had a huge Asian following and did 13 dates with her B'Day tour and 12 with her Sasha Fierce tour also, for some reason, has completely left out Asia on her current tour. Has Asia fallen out of love with her in this time? Does her team simply think that it isn't worthwhile going there for some reason? I'm not saying that Katy won't tour Asia but what I am saying is that I'm not expecting a proper Asian leg with multiple dates all over the continent and I'm certainly not expecting a huge turnout.

As I keep on repeating: she only made $59.5 million with 124 dates on her TD tour, when she was at the peak of her career, so how on earth will she match or better this amount when she's no longer at her peak?

With touring, it's more about how many career hits you have than the size of your current era.

TD tour was put on sale and begun at a time she only had about 6 career hits.

Archived