Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's open dialog on LM.com

tiffa

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

I thought Gaga wrote another online letter... Misleading title :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ambrosia

Reading too much of what the fans/internet are saying is negatively affecting her artistry and personality IMO.

Also in the beginning, Gaga acted like she had this cool, strong, classy, distant, mysterious, smart personality who was above-it-all and seemed unbothered by hate who knew exactly how pop culture and fame worked. 

But her posts on LM.com and her twitter rants are literally the complete opposite of the above and make her come across as very naive and whiny and anything but smart (for example the silly 'you can only critic a dance if you are a dancer yourself' a--logy), or classy (when she begged her fans to buy multiple copies of Applause for example), and the woe-is-me attitude is offputting.

It's easy for stans who were only here since BTW to dismiss this, but for stans who were there since TF or TFM, it's really sad to see how her personality and mentality has regressed. I guess that's why people hate that site (and her twitter these days).

Would anyone be willing to give me a direct quote or link me to where she asked fans to buy multiple copies of Applause?  I'd like to see this for myself and I'll be dammed if I'm going on LM now without my few shots of Tequila. 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

ryhanna

I think the most important thing is that she's trying. 

She's trying to help people, she's trying to change people's perspectives on internet culture, she's trying to make the world a better place, even if it's one person at a time. Is that such a bad thing? Even if it doesn't work, she's made an effort to use her fame and power to change the world for the better. 

Reading too much of what the fans/internet are saying is negatively affecting her artistry and personality IMO.

Also in the beginning, Gaga acted like she had this cool, strong, classy, distant, mysterious, smart personality who was above-it-all and seemed unbothered by hate who knew exactly how pop culture and fame worked. 

But her posts on LM.com and her twitter rants are literally the complete opposite of the above and make her come across as very naive and whiny and anything but smart (for example the silly 'you can only 'critic' a dance if you are a dancer yourself'), or classy (when she begged her fans to buy multiple copies of Applause for example), and the woe-is-me attitude is offputting.

It's easy for stans who were only here since BTW to dismiss this, but for stans who were there since TF or TFM, it's really sad to see how her personality and mentality has regressed. I guess that's why people hate that site (and her twitter these days) so much.

I thought everyone hated LM.com so much due to the **** and the constant "come the BRAZILLL" posts. So, it's no longer about that, then?

I do agree that her comment regarding critics was a little off-putting. People are usually very educated about the topics in which they are critiquing. Should it be a professional job or a hobby; however, that is a different subject. It isn't fair to say these people's thoughts or ideas are unreasonable or invalid due to their job description (or lack thereof). Most people who critique are fans of the subject, otherwise they wouldn't waste their entire life on a career and subject that they detest. 

I admit that I am not a "know it all" when it comes to art but that doesn't mean my opinion or idea of it is invalid.

I was here for the Fame and The Fame Monster. I know how different she is now in comparison to now. I liked how mysterious, distant and "smart" she appeared, but I've fallen madly in love with the BTW/ARTPOP Gaga because she's more personable and likable, and relatable. She's showing her true kindness, love and admiration for her fans. It isn't fair to expect Gaga to be an emotionless robot. We have come to her for so many things, for so many years. Why is it wrong for Gaga to come to us? That's essentially what she's doing, in my opinion.

yourfaves

Gaga:  *problems with management and label*
Fans:  STOP HAVING PROBLEMS YOU CAN'T CONTROL!!!

Fans:  Read my post, Gaga!

Gaga:  *reads and responds*

Fans:  STOP READING INTO THINGS!!!!

Fans:  Gaga!  Tell us what's happening!
Gaga: Okay.  Here's what's happening.
Fans:  STOP WHINING!

Fans:  Release music!

Gaga:  Working on it!

Fans:  FASTER!

Gaga:  *releases music*

Fans:  FLOP FLOP FLOP.  Can't wait for her next album to slay I guess.

Gaga:  *begins working on new music like always*

Fans:  NO!!!  

Fans:  Release DWUW video!

Gaga:  Here is a photo behind the scenes!

Fans:  Looks like a FLOP!!!  Over it!  Third single please!!!!

The worst thing about them being unsatisfied with her music is the "She needs to do this. She should do that. If she was doing this," posts. I don't want her to think she "needs" to do things to keep her fans. I really want to see what it is she thinks she needs to do.

I agree. There are pros and cons to connecting with your fans, and you have to be prepared for that direct exposure. I don't think she was, and she's learning. She's experiencing fame from an entirely different angle than what she "studied" and was used to as she was a rising star. Technology has changed drastically since then, and she was apart of that change. She just has to adapt a little more and she'll be fine. This is a fine bump in the road.

I just hope she comes to realize that she cannot please everyone and that critiquing an artist isn't a "new trend"; it's always been a thing, but it wasn't as easily "accessible" as it is now. I am often TIRED of seeing posts where they start out by saying "Gaga SHOULD..." Why should she? Because you are one a million? I find that hard to believe.

Would anyone be willing to give me a direct quote or link me to where she asked fans to buy multiple copies of Applause?  I'd like to see this for myself and I'll be dammed if I'm going on LM now without my few shots of Tequila.

:toofunny:

It was a tweet actually

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/17/lady-gaga-applause-twitter-contest_n_3772877.html

Allison M

Gaga: *problems with management and label*

Fans: STOP HAVING PROBLEMS YOU CAN'T CONTROL!!!

Fans: Read my post, Gaga!

Gaga: *reads and responds*

Fans: STOP READING INTO THINGS!!!!

Fans: Gaga! Tell us what's happening!

Gaga: Okay. Here's what's happening.

Fans: STOP WHINING!

Fans: Release music!

Gaga: Working on it!

Fans: FASTER!

Gaga: *releases music*

Fans: FLOP FLOP FLOP. Can't wait for her next album to slay I guess.

Gaga: *begins working on new music like always*

Fans: NO!!!

Fans: Release DWUW video!

Gaga: Here is a photo behind the scenes!

Fans: Looks like a FLOP!!! Over it! Third single please!!!!

Se really can't win :smh:

I just wish when she was "A student of the art of fame".

She knew how to play the game and had such a strong, undeniable image. But this image is fading. The monsters of fame are now getting to her when we all thought she knew how it worked. Her image is that of someone who is insecure rather than a strong, free b---h.

I love how she is open with us now and how much she is trying to help a community that we are always taking part in, but I can't help but miss the girl that was prepared for everything when it came to fame and faced everything as a free b---h.

It's almost like she was our rock, our strong side. And now that she is breaking under pressure, everyone else is feeling weak too.

I got a lot of my strength from seeing Gaga's strength, but now that she doesn't come across thy way it's like I'm losing that. Am I making sense?

Zach Monster

I agree. There are pros and cons to connecting with your fans, and you have to be prepared for that direct exposure. I don't think she was, and she's learning. She's experiencing fame from an entirely different angle than what she "studied" and was used to as she was a rising star. Technology has changed drastically since then, and she was apart of that change. She just has to adapt a little more and she'll be fine. This is a fine bump in the road.

I just hope she comes to realize that she cannot please everyone and that critiquing an artist isn't a "new trend"; it's always been a thing, but it wasn't as easily "accessible" as it is now. I am often TIRED of seeing posts where they start out by saying "Gaga SHOULD..." Why should she? Because you are one a million? I find that hard to believe.

I really think this is a time for Gaga to take some time to learn more about the industry. I think every artist has a point in their career like this where they learn that it's a lot harder out there tgan they expect it to be.

I also think it's a good time for the fans to learn that every artist has some kind of falling out in their career, if that makes sense. They're not gonna be highly successful every time, but they are gonna climb back up again. :yes:

"Promoting Online Kindness is not unrealistic. It starts small, within the community, and can encourage others to follow the same lead. It's as simple as talking TO someone, as opposed to talking AT them. These are simple and minor examples of changes that we can make when communicating with people online. It's not a "GODLY" expectation that is unfathomable. I feel that people are taking this "Promote Online Kindness" movement the wrong way; they feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics. This isn't so."

I disagree with this part, and I think a lot of the problems with the Online Kindness thing are that it's focus is so specific and sensitive.There is so much scrutiny placed upon tiny nuances of peoples language that I think it holds people to an unreasonable standard.

gaga.jpg

The screenshot in the spoiler is an example of what I find to be an overreaction in this whole "online kindness" situation. Having the username "*insert artist here*slays" is simply a way that fans show their support for an artist they really connect with. I think ARTPOP slays, I think Pure Heroine slays, I think Beyonce slays and I think a lot of recent releases slay. This is the sort of colloquial language that people use now and to criticise someone for expressing their opinions in a relatively crude, yet harmless, way is being over sensitive imo.

People won't express themselves and their opinions in the most eloquent way possible in every situation. When I hear someone in real life say something like "Ehh I don't like Lady Gaga, her music sucks" I don't get super offended and tell them to correct the way they are talking, I acknowledge that they have different tastes and obviously don't like her music. There comes a point where you need to accept that everyone is negative and has a negative opinion on something, so there is no reason to get upset when you see these negative opinions being expressed.

I agree with you on your points on LM.com though. Even she needs to vent somewhere, she is only human.

Okay, this is an entirely different subject - 

What I stated was a simple example of how we can change the Internet Culture, by the way we communicate. This has nothing to do with certain phrases or terms. A lot of us still use the word "b---h" to express admiration without actually being insulting. A person can say "Lady Gaga slays" without saying that she is the only real queen in the Pop industry.

People can promote online kindness by simply being aware of how their posts may come across to other people, especially because we are communicating with people from various different cultures. Talking AT someone is the same as talking down to someone; whereas, talking TO someone is talking to them on the same level as yourself. This is merely all I meant by my example.

I don't agree with some of Gaga's approaches to the situation. For example, that user should not have to change their username. There are a few Twitter users she blocked due to a miscommunication and then refused to unblock them. She blocked someone for crude humor that was in other words, mindless banter from a child. Yes, they can be misinterpreted, as most things are on the internet, but if she wants to take a stance and make decisions like these, she has to be fully involved. She has to know the situation and a little more about a situation before making rash decisions, like these. Yes, as "simple as" blocking someone on Twitter. 

As aforementioned in the OP, fans are sensitive and can be emotionally and/or mentally unstable. Suddenly blocking a person on Twitter as "Lady Gaga" can give the fan a sense that she doesn't like them. She "hates" them; their idol, the one who has been keeping their **** together, hates them. This can be dangerous and have major consequences. 

Part of the problems is that a lot of users here don't visit LM.com much.

All they hear about Gaga's posts on LM.com is the drama caused when she says something about critics, and they don't see the 20 other posts on LM.com after that which are just normal happy posts.

If you read ALL of her LM.com posts, you'll see she isn't harping on negativity or critics. She's just casually chatting with fans about MANY topics.

The same with her tweets. They cover a wide range of topics and are MOSTLY positive!

yourfaves

Se really can't win :smh:

I just wish when she was "A student of the art of fame".

She knew how to play the game and had such a strong, undeniable image. But this image is fading. The monsters of fame are now getting to her when we all thought she knew how it worked. Her image is that of someone who is insecure rather than a strong, free b---h.

I love how she is open with us now and how much she is trying to help a community that we are always taking part in, but I can't help but miss the girl that was prepared for everything when it came to fame and faced everything as a free b---h.

It's because her fans make her brave.  But they are fair-weather fans.  They're only fans when it's beneficial for them.  And unfortunately it may be taking a toll on her.  :(

Zach Monster

Fans:  Release music!

Gaga:  Working on it!

Fans:  FASTER!

Gaga:  *releases music*

Fans:  FLOP FLOP FLOP.  Can't wait for her next album to slay I guess.

Gaga:  *begins working on new music like always*

Fans:  NO!!!  

Fans:  Release DWUW video!

Gaga:  Here is a photo behind the scenes!

Fans:  Looks like a FLOP!!!  Over it!  Third single please!!!!

This so much, though.

OMG!! :dies:

SO true!

I really think this is a time for Gaga to take some time to learn more about the industry. I think every artist has a point in their career like this where they learn that it's a lot harder out there tgan they expect it to be.

I also think it's a good time for the fans to learn that every artist has some kind of falling out in their career, if that makes sense. They're not gonna be highly successful every time, but they are gonna climb back up again. :yes:

Yes. I think Gaga realizes she is not perfect and she's trying to tell us that. Fans do not want to believe this. They are turned off by her sudden honesty.

I was very disappointed by this. I didn't like that she was trying to coast fans into buying MULTIPLE copies of Applause for a "prize." It was unfair, but I'm glad she ultimately chose Earthfan for his art and creativity instead. :)

We "Little Monsters" were disqualified twice for People's Choice because she tweeted it, asking for votes.

Does this make her desperate or simply a "sales person," an advocate for her own career?

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived