💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

So Why Is Zedd Shunned When Madeon Is Praised?

Texas HoldEm

Featured Posts

My issue w Zedd is that all his productions use the same 5 synths. He's too same-y, whereas Madeon'd work is much more willing to take risks and create sounds.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Without Venus, Gypsy, and MJH, the album wouldn't be what it is. The same can't be said for G.U.Y. and Donatella, however killer Aura may be. They are KILLER tracks and the best of the album, but I almost feel like Venus, Gypsy and MJH actually frame the albums key themes whereas Zedd's tracks are just there.

That said, we all know DJWS' tracks are the most throwaway, his standouts only being Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, and Applause :teehee:

ARTPOP and MANiCURE say Hi!

I think it's more like fans are praising BOTH Zedd and Madeon to the heavens while tearing DJWS down when DJWS was the one who produced most of the songs, and most of them are amazing.

This!

Zedd and DJWS make ARTPOP(minus Jewels N' Drugs). G.U.Y is the top song on the album, let's face it. Aura and Donatella are high points.

Madeon drags it down with both of his productions. MJH = worse than Jewels N' Drugs and Gypsy is, well let's be honest, it's boring. Doesn't hold a candle to TEOG.

Both of them can't compare to DJWS. Jewels N' Drugs may not sound the best but the instrumental is still fun. And every single other song is just perfect. Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, DWUW, ARTPOP, Swine, and Applause could make an EP by themselves.

It's the trend right now.

The "he recycled the Aura and Donatella instrumentals" seems to be based on the idea that he was lazy and sneakily gave Gaga his leftovers. In the case of Aura, it is absolutely false because the track was meant for someone else and she just came in, liked it, and threw money at them to give it to her. The only "laziness" there is hers for singing over an existing track. Karma Bitch was unreleased and probably being saved for a future project (like... Earthquake and Fashion of his Love??? or Bloody Mary on BTW?). She said she went through his laptop and found stuff she likes. Why does nobody say that perhaps she liked the tracks as they were and didn't want Zedd to further alter them? She's the one who has creative control, who re-recorded Aura's verses (she changed her vocals but didn't want to change the production? HMM), was changing Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE up until release date... you really think she if she was unsatisfied with Zedd's "lazy products" (which she personally chose), she couldn't have made him rework it or even stick another producer in Zedd's place? They sound the same as the old ones because that's probably what Gaga wanted. 

It's curious how nobody seems to care that Government Hooker was an old DJWS beat, or that DWUW wasn't even a DJWS beat but something his friend had.

Zedd's becoming well-known on the music scene and his career seems to be taking off. Now that he's not something Gaga fans can claim as their own, he's not cool. Madeon and DJWS aren't popular and therefore you can still have cool "obscurity" points (though I don't think anyone Gaga works with is really "obscure"...).

I think some backlash could also come from the samey production his songs have. G.U.Y. and Donatella especially are probably gonna sound very dated in 10 years. Aura isn't as by-the-books (although it's not really his... IM wrote the music, he was just the producer) so it might fare better. Madeon's songs were a wee bit more diverse and also had the benefit of being good songs regardless of production. Donatella has those cringe-worthy lyrics and G.U.Y., although a fan favorite, is a bit repetitive.

I liked Zedd's work, but I feel it was too easily marked as his work. It sounds like the stuff he's already made (although being that Donatella was originally something he made, I can't blame him for that one. I am surprised Gaga and Zedd were okay with it going nearly unaltered on the album, though...). Madeon's work on MJH was good, but it's definitely noisy. Gypsy isn't particularly standout in terms of production and I dislike how quiet the vocals are during the choruses.

I don't like both of them, they can leave and make space for better producers imho.

Especially Madeon. Imagine if Rick Rubin had produced Gypsy 45ab1e3e.gif

And the less said about MJH the better..

XoXoJoanneGaga

Madeon drags it down with both of his productions. MJH = worse than Jewels N' Drugs and Gypsy is, well let's be honest, it's boring. Doesn't hold a candle to TEOG.

Spill  :tea:

Especially Madeon. Imagine if Rick Rubin had produced Gypsy 45ab1e3e.gif (tho her vocals would still have that offputting 'camp broadway kitsch music theater vocalist' tone but that's not the fault of the producer)

And the less said about MJH the better.. :fail:

I don't even listen to Gypsy anymore, although i love her vocals on it, cause the music is so annoying... so i get it what you saying. Would love to hear a Rick Rubin Version, he did such an amazing job with Dope.

Torsoface

I love the last chorus in Gypsy, but the 2 first sounds kinda forced... And I cannot cope that "Fresh and futuristic" album has a track which instrumental was made in 2011 (aura)... It's a good song, but still  :awkney:

Liam Germanotta

Tbh i think its when Zedd tweeted how he dislikes guys holding hands or whatever

WHAT he DID?!

Do u have a link or still know what the tweet said so I can search it?

Jewels n Drugs

WHAT he DID?!

It was earlier this year.

He said something like, ''when guys have there hands on guys shoulders.. Idk man.''

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

One Five Ten

ARTPOP and MANiCURE say Hi!

Aura, Venus, G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, Mary Jane Holland, Dope, Gypsy and Applause say Hi back and remind them to stay in their place as great tracks but not masterpieces :derpga:

WHAT he DID?!

It was mentioned earlier on page 2. He was talking about guys on guys' shoulders. Referring to guys at concerts and stuff who get on each other's shoulders to see better (and end up viewing everyone else's view).

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived