Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

So Why Is Zedd Shunned When Madeon Is Praised?

Texas HoldEm

Featured Posts

Texas HoldEm

I don't understand the crowd mentality on this forum sometimes... I love ARTPOP, I love the songs, even if some are better than others, and I love most of the production work... but I don't understand some of the opinions held here.

First of all, Zedd has done 3 songs on ARTPOP. All three are actually great songs, and two of them are among the stronger ones on the album, with G.U.Y. being considered by many fans to be single-worthy. But somehow there's been so much hate against him, and his name barely appears in threads where people ask which producers should re-appear in the next album.

Aura is pretty much a new instrumental. He did NOT just take the old IM instr reumental and put Gaga's voice over it and call it a day. Listen to the original demo instrumental. There is no intro. There is no guitar. There is no choir sound, no complextro bits in the verses, no hard synth in the chorus being built-up, no final drop. It's pretty bare. There's a reason it was unreleased... :P Plus, the vocal production is a huge part of it as well.

Second of all, the Donatella instrumental may have been re-used, but even then, Gaga herself said that she went through his laptop and picked some of the best things, and I'm sure that re-using the instrumental was THEIR idea, not just his. Unless Gaga has control over her music, except in the cases where you just don't like the control she has. :confused

And Zedd has some of the best work in the album. The opening chord in G.U.Y. is amazing. The Donatella ending and bridge sounds awesome. The Aura chorus is one of the fan-favorites. Let's face it. Zedd did some great work.

So why did I include Madeon in the title? Well, to be fair, Venus (Madeon helped Gaga) and MJH are in my top 5. Gypsy is a fan-favorite and possibly a huge hit. I enjoy it, even if it's not my favorite on the album... (I prefer the acoustic version...)

But let's face it, Madeon is young and there are a few tiny issues with his production. An example being in Gypsy, when she shouts "Bust the rear view and fire, up the jets, 'cuz it's, you and me", the "'cuz it's" is at obviously lower level that could easily have been fixed. The chorus is also weaker than the acoustic version. Her voice sounds weaker, even if it's still powerful. And both MJH and Gypsy hit a point where they have to be listened to at a lower volume than the rest of the songs because the limiter is different on the master track (basically meaning that you get a white noise sound since it's too loud, unlike the other songs at the same volume). Not to mention that odd sound in the chorus and verses of MJH which sounds like someone's breathing in and out constantly. Now, Madeon did some great work too! MJH has an amazing bridge, and the opening keys are amazing! But why does no-one point out any flaws in his work?

I think Zedd gets too much hate, and instead of focusing on the positives, people keep focusing on the negatives. Can't we appreciate some of the amazing stuff on this album without letting a few flaws or even some things which have no effect on the sound (Donatella, It's Karma Bitch) ruin it for us? :shrug:

I love Zedd's stuff, and I can't wait to hear his stuff on Act II. <3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:applause: TBQH

They both did an amazing job and I mean, Donatella is HIS instrumental, so if he and Gaga wanted to use it then what's the big deal? G.U.Y is completely new any. In the grand scheme of things I consider 2/3 of his songs as completely original.

Anyway, I got good music. I'm not gonna complain over the little things.

Edit: This thread actually has more noMadeon stuff  :cryga:

Because people think he is a dick for refusing to leak information about GaGa and misunderstanding a tweet and now believing he is homophobic... I love Zedd and don't care for Madeon at all though, Sooooooo

Jewels n Drugs

Tbh i think its when Zedd tweeted how he dislikes guys holding hands or whatever

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Stephen

Zedd's songs are fantastic and Madeon's songs (or at least his production on the songs) are forgettable IMO. I hope she doesn't work with him again.

djBuffoon

tbh I really don't have issues with any of the production work on this album. We could nitpick all day, but it's pretty ****ing stellar.

Ladey Gagz

Because it's the same work that he already did so did he really work for ARTPOP? :shrug: The production of Donatella is exactly the same. I still love the song alot though.

Madeon on the other hand is just flawless :laughga:

Zach Monster

I think the fans are just upset with Zedd because he used somebody else's work in a song and took credit for it (Aura) and the other song's instrumental was recycled (Donatella).

htrllllsem

MADEON IS PERFECTION, ALL THE SONGS HE PRODUCED ARE LEGENDARY YOU CANNOT ARGUE HOW :grr:

But he really is extremely talented, love him :wub:

Blue Jeans

Aura is pratically a new  instrumental ? sis.... :awkney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLCBraZvUg

Well, i love Zedd as a producer, his album clarity is an amazing piece of Electronic Music, but he didn't deliver on ARTPOP i'm sorry but he just recycled 2 songs for one of the Biggest star on the planet, but i don't totally blame him, cause Gaga went through his work to choose wich beats and melodies she liked better, so i actually blame Gaga more than Him.

Madeon did an amazing Job, Mary Jane Holland is one my favourites Gaga songs ever, he just delievered and to think he's my age its just phenomenal.. i want to see more of him.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

bionic

They both did a great job and were a breath of fresh air from the deadweight DJWS.

It'd be great if Gaga uses more of them in the future like she did eugh Garibay on BTW after his work on TFM.

buy bionic

Mister G

I think Zedd and Madeon are unique in their own ways. A lot of people don't respect Zedd because they view him as the antithesis of EDM where as people view Madeon as the future of EDM. I mean I honeslty don't care what other people think. I live for the songs they produced for ARTPOP and are some of my favorites tbh. Haters gonna hate. I said this before and I will keep saying it over and over again--if someone has a better idea or can compose a better sounding track then by all means go right ahead.

gagaisitalian

Honestly, I don't pay attention to who produces what. I view every song as just a "Gaga" production so none of the DJ vs DJ drama bothers me.

With that being said, I do enjoy Madeon's work much more than Zedds. Flaws and all.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived