๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Remember when Gaga fought w/Interscope Over Alejandro?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

She just liked Alejandro more I guess and its meaning about the LGBT community.ย 

Plus I guess it would be difficult to explain the meaning of DITD on every tv-show, haha...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end she's the artist who takes control of her own career, and makes the final decision. We should trust her instincts and artistry :party:ย 

Back then I thought for sure Gaga was the one who wanted DITD, and I was baffled as to why it didn't eventually get single treatment. Alejandro apparently was more successful worldwide but I also think Gaga really wanted to prove something artistically and about her ability to make decisions with Alejandro.

:toofunny:

DITD would have been an iconic and legendary hit. Practically everyone's forgotten about Alejandro, it was only riding the success of that era.

No offense to anyone who loves Alejandro, but these are my thoughts exactly. DITD had hit but esp. iconic written all over it, and still does in my opinion without even having to be a single. I respect Gaga's decision though and Alejandro will remain one of her biggest hits, I would never take that away from it, but DITD... with that amazing hook, I don't know. I feel like it could've been massive. There was a power to it that really showed itself in live performances as well. But I digress, haha. :flop:

Alejandro was the far better choice. Catchier, more radio friendly, and a midtempo was a nice change of pace after so many uptempo bangers.

ย 

DITD should've been released right after tho. And then SHICD and Monster. Such a shame she didn't milk it all the way.

Jonathanholland

If they released Dance In The Dark everyone here would say Alejandro should've been a singleย  ;)

Before there was love, there was silence

TimisaMonster

People still to this day will remember Alejandro cuz of its fun chorus and repetitiveness... :ohwell: DITD is a cool and mystic song but it doesn't have that umph that Alejandro had! Trust me I wanted DITD too, but Alejandro was a better third single choice :shrug:

Stream my new single, ๐Ÿ’œ"Heartbeat"๐Ÿ’œ, on Spotify!

So, I don't remember where we received this info, but we know that when it came time to pick a third single from TFM, that Gaga wanted Alejandro and Interscope wanting Dance in the Dark. My question is why? Both songs are fantastic, but DITD is epic. ย Like seriously, why was Gaga so determined?

ย 

Discuss. ย And if anyone has the source of where we learned about this long ago would be great.ย  :)

It was all over the internet back in 2010 but, this is all I could to find:ย 

ย 

"The Telephone singer, who recently spoke about the new video for Spanish inspired track is alleged to have rowed with her record label over which song from her Fame Monster EP would be her next single after her label preferred Dance In The Dark."

Source: http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/lady-gaga/202724-lady-gaga-elton-john

ย 

So, can 'Alejandro' measure up to at least 'Paparazzi's mark? Yes it can. But she's been very savvy about it: there was a dispute between Gaga and Interscope (her record label), and Interscope wanted 'Dance In The Dark' to be released for summer but Gaga got her way and 'Alejandro' got released. My point lies in that if รƒยขรขโ€šยฌร‹ล“Alejandroรƒยขรขโ€šยฌรขโ€žยข was released at any other time of the year, I doubt it would've entered the Top 10 so early: it's the perfect song for the summer, and whilst it's tamer, it's a breath of fresh air from Lady Gaga with it's uplifting melody, ascending synths, and summery vibe. It's deceptively clever, and one of her best songs yet, accompanied with a big-budget video with an important message, this song would easily out-peak 'Paparazzi', but sales from 'The Fame' and 'The Fame Monster' may just hinder it's peak.

Source:ย http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/single-review-lady-gaga-alejandro

MonsterOfSpain

Alejandro is so much better than Dance In the Dark in my opinion! Also a much better single. And it has become one of her fairly memorable hits.

ย 

Amen

Tommy Monster

I thought it was vice versa, Gaga wanted DITD, but Iรƒโ€šยดm glad for Alejandro, DITD is not so epic in my oppinion... only the bridge... otherwise nothing special... monster is the real pity of this albumย  :(

Golden Gangsta

Alejandro slayed my life. For one month, it was literally the only song I was listening to. It is still my favourite Gaga song!! Gaga definitely made the right decision.

MonsterOfSpain

Imagine if she released 5 singles from The Fame Monster (Dance In The Dark and Monster). Best selling album of all times. :giveup:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived