Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
movie

Best Opening Title Sequences from 80’s Movies


Yaaaas Gaga

Featured Posts

Yaaaas Gaga

I’ve had a bit of an obsession lately with watching movies from the 80’s and it made me realise how much better the opening title sequences were. They really helped set the tone for the movie a lot better than films of today. They make me feel so nostalgic watching them today, even though I wasn’t born in the 80’s.

I’ve listed some of my absolute favs below but wanted to know whether any of you had any personal favs?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anderson123

I love those types of opening titles and looking forward to see some here. Not 80s but it's one that came to my mind and one of my favorites:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charmz

Mommie Dearest (1981)

 

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️
Link to post
Share on other sites

JoeCool
On 8/16/2025 at 4:02 PM, monstertoronto said:

 

it seemed dated today visually but that was one funny movie!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flippy

I watched this way after it came out but I loved the music & art for this movie! 

A Chipmunk’s Adventure (1987)


TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // CWT 9.8.22 // TMB 7.22.25 & 7.24.25
Link to post
Share on other sites

dubstep111

A nightmare on elm street is the best title opening ever

On 8/16/2025 at 10:26 AM, Bradley said:

I actually like Cardi as a person but flaunting your riches and haute couture is not exactly the way to connect with a 2025 audience. It's a bit-

7401702

Street 1984 is the best title opening ever

Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

Pretty bloody for kids back then, but I like it lmao


 

and these sets are perfection, it brought the eeriness perfectly **chefs kiss**

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

monstertoronto
3 hours ago, JoeCool said:

it seemed dated today visually but that was one funny movie!  

It’s so extremely 80s with the bright clothes and exaggerated furniture it’s so fun to look at. And Bette is so good in it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...