Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remember when Gaga fought w/Interscope Over Alejandro?

Featured Posts

iWontBeTonight

So, I don't remember where we received this info, but we know that when it came time to pick a third single from TFM, that Gaga wanted Alejandro and Interscope wanting Dance in the Dark. My question is why? Both songs are fantastic, but DITD is epic.  Like seriously, why was Gaga so determined?

Discuss.  And if anyone has the source of where we learned about this long ago would be great.  :)

Essence

Alejandro is so much better than Dance In the Dark in my opinion! Also a much better single. And it has become one of her fairly memorable hits.

JFK

She had better vision for Alejandro and it meant a lot to her. She is the artist. 

D0P3

the good old days where she had the voice and could back things up with her sales...

ARTPOP Tech

Scotty

I wish Dance In The Dark was released, or at least got a music video! It's still my favourite song by her.

Bellatrix

#JusticeForDITD

That's all I'm saying...

He knows how to play! Itty bitty baby Potter

TheOriginalOne

I thought it was the other way around...? That Gaga wanted DITD but Interscope wanted Alejandro. :flop:

Slaylor Swift

Because she wanted to release a satanic and Madonna inspired video at that time.

Didymus

Thinking the same thing..

I thought it was the other way around...? That Gaga wanted DITD but Interscope wanted Alejandro. :flop:

Optimus

She wanted Alejandro because of the video. It was a message to Dont Ask Dont Tell

Anyway Alejandro>>DITD

Essence
Nope

Thinking the same thing..
ditto

Katy Perry

Because she wanted to release a satanic and Madonna inspired video at that time.

:toofunny:

DITD would have been an iconic and legendary hit. Practically everyone's forgotten about Alejandro, it was only riding the success of that era.