Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Remember when Gaga fought w/Interscope Over Alejandro?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

HORRORHOLIC

I think Dance In The Dark would have been a much better choice. Well I guess that's because I like the song a lot more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CHROMATICA 2020

I thought Gaga didn't want DITD because it was too personal? It seemed like fan song and that if it was released as a single, people would interpret it as just a dance song. That's why I think it wasn't released as a single.

DITD really wouldn't have done as well as Alejandro or been as iconic as everyone keeps saying it is, I personally think it would have either done ok or flopped. Choosing Alejandro over DITD was such a good descision

juicyjuicy

#Justice for Monster

I think it would have made a killer single as well. Im happy with Alejandro though. 

this sfm

:toofunny:

DITD would have been an iconic and legendary hit. Practically everyone's forgotten about Alejandro, it was only riding the success of that era. 

:rip: :rip: :rip:

Anderson123

I love Dance In The Dark, and it's also my favorite song from that EP and my second favorite Gaga song, but I'm happy it didn't get released as a single.

I don't know if it was going to be this "huge smash", and I don't care, it probably wouldn't have been. People said the same thing about Marry The Night, both songs are deep and I don't think they fit the radio. Alejandro is more catchy and fits what Gaga was doing at the moment. Other than Alejandro, I think Monster would've been another option as a single.

Dance In The Dark as the final single would've left a weird taste on everyone (or probably not, who knows). Because of Fernando Garibay, it kind of sounds like Born This Way, Marry The Night and The Edge of Glory. So it would have been a repetitive formula used back then.

I think Dance In The Dark felt safe to her as it tread some of the same bleak Bad Romance themes. It even reuses the "free b---h" phrase in its into. Alejandro was a move toward a warmer, more euphoric pop sound. It's a closer connecter between The Fame Monster and the positive 80s arena pop of Born This Way.

I agree 100%, and would add that it was a connecter to the LGBT-supporting theme of BTW and the Madonna comparison controversy, Yet I still don't see what the connector between MTN and ARTPOP/APPLAUSE unless her refusal to give up led to her success and her living for the applause

XoXoJoanneGaga

Alejandro's one of her best songs. The mistake was ending the era and not having a 4th (or even 5th) single

PoshLife

:toofunny:

DITD would have been an iconic and legendary hit. Practically everyone's forgotten about Alejandro, it was only riding the success of that era. 

That's not fair, we have no way of knowing how DITD would have done. You're comparing reality to your assumptions. I love that song (it's one of my favorites of hers and I prefer it to Alejandro) but you can't act like you know DITD would have done better.

chrismugler

Alejandro it's one of Gaga's hit that everyone remember, besides Poker Face and Bad Romance :whitney::lana: I love DITD and wanted as the 4th single but I think that drama is over :toofunga:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

HEARTHUNTER

I think that all songs from TFM EP except Teeth and Speechless (whi aren't radio friendly) deserved to be singles.

Monster, So Happy I Could Die and Dance In The Dark would have smashed in clubs.

I really wish DITD would have been a single just so this fanbase would have been proven wrong and all this retrospective whining about it could be put to rest. It's a mediocre song.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived