💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

Whispering

UJ selling almost a million this year so far is unbelievable in the most impressive way, and it's been a year without a hit single for him. And to pull two consecutive 6 million-selling albums for this decade, now that's just rare.

Did UJ have 5 million in 2013? :eek:   6 million is very impressive! Who is the last person/group to hit that mark? Taylor with RED?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why ? they use the same sources, and mediatraffic includes more. So i guess the truth is between both so as I said ARTPOP is now at around 2,1 million.

Nope, IFPI includes more because it has more sources. IFPI is in fact one source for MediaTraffic.

GagaMyBlood95

It's not bad for me, in 2014 there was little to no promo at all... 

Did UJ have 5 million in 2013? :eek:   6 million is very impressive! Who is the last person/group to hit that mark? Taylor with RED?

Its maximum reported sales available online were around 5.4 million prior to 2014, including its sales at the end of 2012 (1M+ for 2012; 4M+ for 2013). And yes, the last one I know who surpassed the 6M mark WW is TS w/ Red, also her second album to do so. 

Batwings

Those are good numbers for ARTPOP, considering it was released November of last year. I'm also pleasantly surprised at DWUW's numbers.  :applause:

Also, WOW at Lana's numbers.  :omg:

Houdini

No, they don't.

Mediatraffic is not an organization that is recognized by the music industry. It is a guy sitting in his basement.

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) is the organization that represents the interests of the recording industry worldwide.IFPI is the organization that the music industry relies on, for accurate numbers. IFPI has representatives in over 100 countries and has been a reliable resource for the past 80 years.

ok so the guy in the basement invent numbers and publish them. yeah right

Whispering

ok so the guy in the basement invent numbers and publish them. yeah right

He gets his numbers from sources that are available to everyone and that means the numbers are from a limited number of countries and sources. He has a site that he runs as a hobby, so anything he "publishes" is a result of his hobby. He isn't a representative of any record label or music organization in any capacity.

The guy in the basement doesn't invent the numbers, he just has limited resources and his numbers aren't in any way official.

Lion Heart

Chart News @chartnews  ·  Aug 18
US album sales: @ladygaga, ARTPOP 725,000.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6214407/artist-surprise-album-beyonce-taylor-swift?mobile_redirection=false

July 2

Chart News
â€@chartnews

US album sales: @ladygaga, ARTPOP 718,000

https://twitter.com/chartnews/status/484468354204577793

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Does this include WW or is it just US?

The title and OP says US

At this rate we'll be platinum by Christmas

Fizzy

Slay my Iconic Discount Chanteuse. :) I just want it to reach platinum and I can die happily. :)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Henry

The title and OP says US

At this rate we'll be platinum by Christmas

Thanks for clarifying. Do we have WW sales numbers?  

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived